When you’re selling products online, it’s important to provide your customers with as much information as possible. This includes the product details (such as weight, dimensions, and material), shipping information, and of course, the product’s description. But how do you add descriptions to shipping in Shopify? In this article, we will cover everything you need to know in order to get started. From creating a custom shipping template to adding specific product details, read on to learn everything you need to know about shipping descriptions in Shopify.
How to Add a Shipping Description to Your Shopify Store
If you sell products that ship through the postal service, you may want to add shipping descriptions to your Shopify store. Shipping descriptions are important because they allow customers to understand the exact costs and timing of their orders.
To add a shipping description to your Shopify store:
1. Navigate to your Shopify store’s “Settings” page.
2. On the “Shipping” page, click on the “Add a new shipping description” link located below the “Shipping options” section.
3. Enter a title for your shipping description, and then provide a brief explanation of it. You can also include images or videos relating to your shipping description if you’d like.
4. To create a new shipping schedule, click on the “+ Add a new shipment schedule” button located below your shipping description. You can then enter the information for each delivery date/time slot in this section.
5. Click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Tips for Adding a Shipping Description to Your Shopify Store
If you sell online, then adding shipping descriptions to your shopify store is a must. Not only will it help you to better explain your shipping policies to your customers, but it can also help you generate more sales. Here are a few tips for adding shipping descriptions to your shopify store:
1. Use the Shopify Shipping Settings
The first place to look for shipping descriptions is in the Shopify shipping settings. This area lets you control a number of different aspects of your shipping process, including how much information customers see when they check out. You can find this area by clicking on the “Settings” button in the main navigation bar and then heading down to “Shopping.” From here, you’ll want to click on the “Shipping” tab.
2. Add Description Fields To Your Cart And Checkout Pages
Once you’ve set up your shipping settings, it’s time to add description fields to your cart and checkout pages. This will let you specify specific details about each order, such as weight and dimensions. To do this, open the “Design” tab in your shop’s admin panel and click on “Layout.” Then, under “Pages,” select either the “Cart” or the “Checkout” page template that you want to use. On these pages, locate the “Add Item” form field (usually located near the bottom of the page) and click on it. In the pop-up menu that appears, select “Description.”
Shipping is an essential part of running a successful online store. But it can be tough to keep track of all the different shipping options and how they work together. In this article, we’ll show you how to add descriptions to your shipping in Shopify so that you can better explain what each option does and why someone might want to choose it. Whether you are just starting out or you have been selling online for some time, this guide will help you get started with shipping descriptions in Shopify.