Are you an online retailer? If so, have you heard of sophisticated search engines? Don’t worry if you shook your head agreeing with the first question but not the second. In this short essay, we’ll define an advanced search engine in detail, discuss how it could help you, and give an example of a top-notch solution (hint: it’s called Doofinder).
Do you think that sounds good? Great. Let’s jump right in!
What is an advanced search engine? Who is Doofinder?
Doofinder is a powerful, fast, and sophisticated search engine. Doofinder is undoubtedly developing a reputation for itself, given that it is used by more than 5,000 users globally. Companies including HP, Decathlon, Diadora, and Maserati use this cutting-edge search engine.
That sounds fantastic, but you might be asking why I need one of those.
Have you ever visited an online store in search of a specific item and discovered there was no search option? If so, one of two things happened most likely. You searched for the object for a long time, but to no effect. Or you left the website by clicking elsewhere.
You’ll either miss out on those crucial sales if you provide this customer experience.
Doofinder and other cutting-edge search engines can help in this situation.
With only a few clicks, Doofinder quickly highlights all the relevant items clients want.
The data is accurate. The percentage of customers using an online retailer’s internal search engine is about 30%, and these customers are typically four times more likely to purchase than non-users. Therefore, if you don’t already have one, this is the time to start.
What Makes Doofinder Different from Other Internal Search Engines?
Doofinder is aware that a potent internal search engine is essential to producing a top-notch search experience and, as a result, boosting the volume of client inquiries you receive. Said, Doofinder’s goal is to increase the number of times customers use your internal search engine. Specifically, by making the search option more prominent.
Because of this, Doofinder provides the following features:
- Doofinder’s search engine is based on a semantic processing architecture, which allows for the tolerance of typos. For a better rate of user search success, this is essential.
- Spelling mistakes are found and corrected using phonetically-based search technologies. This means that the search engine may recognize phrases written exactly as they are spoken.
- As users type their queries, relevant search results are immediately filled in.
- Customized results: You can change the outcomes of any given search, placing sponsored listings or blog entries at the top of the search results (a bit like Google). You can also prioritize overstocked items, those with better profit margins, seasonal goods, etc. (you get the picture!)
- Top Tip: You can better bargain discounts (and other perks) with your suppliers using the data your personalized findings assemble. How? You can improve their rank in your internal search results for whatever benefit they provide. You may, however, demonstrate the volume of searches and conversions you receive.
- Internal search engine banners: You can show banners within your search results that can point users to the URL you’ve selected. This presents a wonderful chance to announce any deals or promotions you’re doing and raise the profile of specific brands (which may come in handy as you negotiate a sponsorship deal).
- Users can narrow their product searches using filters like price, color, size, brand, and other factors.
- The Doofinder dashboard allows you to add synonyms for results, ensuring that the relevant results appear even if the searcher doesn’t use the exact words to describe the object.
- Cross-selling: Displays goods associated with the search keyword. Naturally, this increases your chances of successfully cross-selling products on your website.
This feature has now been given its section because it is so crucial.
Doofinder offers all the resources required to rank user search results.
Doofinder employs a rating scheme. So, as you may have already guessed, a score is given to each outcome. This value is numerically based on how well the outcome fits the search query. Your shopper’s findings are returned in order of score, with obviously higher scores appearing first, using the information at Doofinder’s disposal.
Doofinder offers all the search statistics you require to understand how users of your internal search engine behave (and how frequently). With this information at your fingertips, you can more easily determine what new products customers would find useful, spot search trends, push items with higher conversion rates to the front of search results, etc.
Here are the search metrics that Doofinder enables you to monitor in more detail:
- Searches: The overall number of searches you’ve received and the proportion of brand-new searches vs. the last time frame.
- The percentage of customers that click on a search result is known as the “click rate.” You can compare your click rate percentage with earlier times, just like the “searches” metric.
- The proportion of searches that end in a purchase is known as the conversion rate.
- The Timeline: This timeline shows how the three abovementioned metrics have changed.
Integrations of Doofinder with E-Commerce Platforms
For smooth interaction with whatever e-commerce platform, you may be using, Doofinder offers a wide range of extensions.
Additionally, Doofinder offers plugins for the most popular e-commerce platforms, including:
- Magneto 2
Doofinder also gives business owners the choice of personalized search results.
This is known as Doofinder AI, and it offers customers personalized results based on each customer’s activity and preferences. As a result, when consumers use your internal search engine, they individually receive 1:1 customization.
Doofinder examines the following: clicks, interests, brand preferences, purchasing history, and clicks. Doofinder can then provide the most relevant results and product recommendations for every one of your website visitors by gathering and using this data. How fantastic is that?
Are You Prepared to Use an Advanced Search Engine?
Do you currently employ and fully utilize your internal search engine? If not, you should look for and choose a solution that offers the abovementioned capabilities. Why not try before you buy if you like the way Doofinder sounds? You can benefit from their no-cost 30-day trial.
Table of Contents