It’s an exciting experience to cut the ribbon at a store opening.
However, managing multiple Shopify stores can be rewarding but chaotic if there aren’t solid foundations to guide them.
How to manage multiple Shopify dropshipping stores. We will show you how to manage multiple Shopify shops and what apps can help you stay ahead.
Managing multiple Shopify dropshipping Stores: Four Big Benefits
Why open more Shopify stores than one? Although you may be concerned about the extra time and effort required to run more than one shop, having several can help you reach different audiences in different ways.
Perhaps your eCommerce business is paying off. It is a clear sign that your eCommerce ventures are paying off. However, it takes a different approach to selling internationally.
You need to be able to understand the market before you go global. Different countries have different ways of advertising and products, so it is important to have a specific store for each country.
You may need more Shopify stores for administrative purposes. These Shopify dropshipping stores can be used to handle the different language and tax rules in the countries where you are opening shop.
Your Ambition Expanded
Perhaps you have more ideas to create a store.
Many markets have many gaps. If you can’t think of one, it is worth opening a store.
You will need an independent store for each eCommerce venture, regardless of whether your store ideas are related. While some people may manage to open up to five stores, you must be serious about time commitment in order to run even two.
Be ambitious, but don’t let yourself burn out!
Markets are changing
Perhaps you have a small B2C (Business-to-Consumer) store but would like to try out a completely different market ?
With the attractive appeal of B2B (Business to Business) or Dropshipping (Business to Consumer), who could blame you? There are many opportunities for vendors to expand their business into different markets. Owning multiple Shopify dropshipping shops can help you to take advantage of them.
It’s a great way to expand your market reach and meet growing demand. You would need to have a separate store for each market if you wanted to do this.
These great guides will help you expand your market reach by selling B2B or dropshipping.
Opening a Boutique, or an Outlet
You might have multiple types of customers : those who are looking for mid-range items or those who want luxury, and those who stick to the bargains.
Before expanding to other markets, it is important to create a personalized shopping experience for all of your customers. You might open more Shopify stores to cater to customers with different spending habits.
Your segregated customers can find what they need at the right price by having a general store and a high-end boutique all under one brand.
Multiple Shopify Dropshipping Stores: FAQ
Here are some FAQs on Shopify’s multiple stores and how they can be run.
Can I have multiple Shopify Stores?
Yes, you can. Multiple Shopify Stores can be created using different Shopify accounts.
You can use one Shopify account for store A and another Shopify account for store B.
Is it possible to have multiple Shopify Dropshipping Stores under one account?
no. You won’t unless you are willing to pay for Shopify Plus.
Shopify store owners typically purchase one of three accounts: Basic Shopify or Shopify. None of these plans allow you to open more than one Shopify dropshipping store from one account.
Shopify Plus is the only way to have multiple stores on one account. Shopify Plus is only for businesses that have a lot of traffic.
Shopify Plus offers unlimited store options for large businesses with $2,000 per monthly to invest in their eCommerce solution. Each additional store costs $250 per month, but you get 10 stores with your plan.
Did you know? Many of your favourite brands use Shopify Plus to grow their businesses, including GymShark Coffee and Death Wish Coffee
Is it possible to have multiple domains on Shopify?
Shopify only allows one primary domain. You can however have multiple domains linked to your Shopify account.
In the GIF below, you’ll see that I can enter the domain name into the address bar to take me to another domain. This is because the domains are connected.
My stores-demo.myshopify.com domain is just one domain that redirects to my primary domain, which is beariestore.com. You can purchase as many third-party domains as you wish, add them to Shopify, and then ensure that they redirect to your primary site. A subdomain can be created like blog.beariestore.com
It is possible to have multiple Shopify domains, but not. Multiple domains are a way to reach more people to store.
How do I open multiple Shopify stores?
We have already mentioned that you can only open Shopify stores by creating an account.
Although you can register all these stores under the same email address, they will be run on different Shopify accounts.
There are however apps in the Shopify App Store to help you manage multiple Shopify stores.
For example, if you have 3 stores to manage, an app can make your life easier. It will allow you to move data from your existing store, centralise operations, or provide customer support.
Below is a section about The best apps for multiple Shopify stores .
What does it cost to open multiple Shopify dropshipping stores?”
is a large.
It is possible to open multiple Shopify shops by a non-professional Shopify user, but they would need to be willing to invest a lot.
These are the costs that you will have to incur for each of your stores.
- Shopify plan – Monthly payment between $29 to $299 plus credit card fees between 2.4% & 2.9% + 30C/ transaction depending on your plan.
- Template – One-time payment between $0 & $180
- Shopify apps – Monthly payment of $120. Based on Shopify News average app prices and the average number per store owner.
Multiply these costs by the number of stores, and you might be looking at serious investments. Multiple Shopify dropshipping stores are not for the faint-hearted. However, it can be a great money-maker when done correctly.
Best Practices For Managing Multiple Shopify Stores
Concentrate on the Central Theme
You don’t want to divert too much from the theme if you have multiple Shopify shops selling the same product.
You should adapt your store’s appearance to different markets. However, you must also have a strong and consistent theme that establishes brand identity.
This cement brand uniformity is not only a great time-saver for busy enterprise builders.
PageFly allows you to import/export templates across multiple Shopify store. Once you have created your storefront, you can easily replant it and adjust it in another shop. This will save you time and give you an attractive theme for all of your stores.
Get a free Planto from PageFly to see how import and exporting templates can help you save time.
PIM allows you to manage inventory and orders
Shopify might not allow you to have more than one store in one account. However, there is a way around. Shopify Plus costs $2,000 per month.
An product inventory management app gives you a single dashboard that shows all stores. This sync allows you to only make one change to your inventory, product details, or orders. Before it is shared across all of your stores.
Dropshipping allows you to sync your store and supplier so that your customers know exactly what is in stock.
Scroll down to read our review of the top PIM solutions for Shopify.
Get a Help Desk
PIM may help you manage products, but what about the people who are buying your products?
It can be difficult enough to keep up with customer complaints, requests and questions via email, live chat, and social for onestore.
Shopify’s help desks provide centralised support for customers in all of your Shopify stores. They can be used for customer communication in any channel and combine it all in a single control centre.
Let’s take a look at the top helpdesks . Check it out!
8 Apps To Help You Manage Multiple Shopify Stores
All of us need help, especially when we have to manage multiple stores.
We’ve listed below the 6 most useful apps to support 3 aspects of expanding your enterprise: store copy and admin.
Store Copy Apps
Store copy apps allow you to transfer data from your existing store to your new one. These apps can save you hours of manual data transfer when you open an outlet or create the same store in another country.
Excelcify lets you import whole catalogues between your stores using a single Excel template or CSV template. Make sure you have a backup copy of the data that you choose to import. This is one of the best methods to make sure that multiple Shopify stores are set up quickly and easily.
- It’s easy to migrate shops with just a few clicks
- You can import all fields, or only selected.
- Other eCommerce solutions allow you to import and export.
- For new files, schedule and auto-repeat imports.
- Back up your data.
Pricing per Month
- Demo ($0) – 10 Product Imports
- Imports of basic ($20) and 500 products
- Big ($50) – 5,000 product imports
- Enterprise ($200) – Unlimited product imports
Store copy – Rewind differs from Excelcify in several ways, including its payment system. Store Copy, like Excelcify is very easy to use. You can copy any product from one item to an entire store. Its payment per item plan, however, is quite unique and great for small stores.
- Easy and quick store migration in just a few clicks
- You can choose from any one product or the entire store.
- Select the details you wish to copy.
- You can choose to pay per item, or per month for a subscription
- Pay as you go ($0.20/item)
- Unlimited ($99 per month)
Multiple Store Admin Apps
Multiple store admin apps work exactly like they say: They allow you to manage multiple Shopify shops’ inventory and order administration.
These apps are your nerve centers of operations. They’re vital if you have a small staff or want to manage all your stores from one location.
Syncio is one of the most popular apps for centralizing your inventory operations. You can sync products across multiple stores, and you can choose the parameters that will be featured in each store. Once you have done that, all products will be linked across stores. Any updates will also take effect in every store.
- Sync products across all your stores
- You can choose what products to sync with and what products to leave out.
- You can easily update the same product in multiple Shopify dropshipping shops.
- For an additional $15 per month, order management is available.
Pricing per Month
- Starter ($19) – Get up to 100 products
- Traction ($29) – 500 Products
- Growth ($39) – More than 1,000 products
- Enterprise (69 USD) – Get up to $3,000 in products
Multify is a different service than Syncio because it allows you to manage customers and inventory. This service is more extensive and provides a dashboard that allows you to see all of the operations in your Shopify stores. However, it comes at a higher price.
- Sync products, orders, customers and customer service between your stores.
- All your operations are available in one dashboard.
- You can customize what you see and how it appears.
- Multi-admin analytics access so you can see how your stores perform.
Pricing per Month
- 1 – 2 Stores ($59)
- 3 – 5 Stores ($99)
- 6 – 10 Stores ($149)
Customer Support Apps
Customers are the one sector that you cannot afford to ignore when managing multiple Shopify shops.
Support apps, also known as helpdesks let you collect customer messages from all of your contactable areas. It is much easier to keep up with customer service when you do not have to log into multiple social channels or email accounts. Instead, all messages can be viewed in one place.
No matter from where your customers are receiving messages (or calls), Gorgias can import customer messages to a central admin in your Shopify store. All messages come with a complete message history, as well as shipping information and an address. It can be used in multiple stores, and at multiple customer contact points.
- All customers and orders can be managed from one dashboard.
- Order management system with ticketing.
- All your stores and contact points will be able to use the same software.
- You can cancel, refund or duplicate orders right from the app.
- Automated responses to simple questions
- Analytics for assessing response time and efficiency
Pricing per Month
- Basic Plan (60%) – 350 Tickets
- Pro Plan ($300) – 2,000 tickets
- Advanced Plan (750) – 6,000 Tickets
Gorgias is similar to Reamaze. They both excel in helping customers with multiple Shopify shops. Reamaze’s chatbot system is intuitive and can help you create a FAQ section.
- Mass inbox allows you and your employees to access every customer message.
- The FAQ tab allows you to create an online database with answers to common questions.
- Status page to inform customers and employees about the latest happenings in your store.
- Key metrics showing appreciation and response time for each agent.
Pricing per Month
- Basic ($20 +$20 per additional help agent)
- Pro (40$ + $40 per additional help agent) – The cheapest plan for multiple Shopify stores integration
- Plus ($60 + $60 per additional help agent)
- Custom (500)
Multi-Language Translation Apps
Langify can be installed on your Shopify store. When a user visits your site, it automatically converts your store to any language. You can request that the store be translated manually into any language you prefer.
- Strong SEO features. It activates all SEO properties of your website and creates tags that allow people to find you even if they search in another language. They can also translate captions for images.
- If you are on a paid plan, it is very easy to set-up with 24/7 Support
- Comprehensive Language library. Langify can be used to translate into many languages.
- Translate automatically
- Import/Export translations (CSV, gettext, XLIFF, JSON )
- 7-day free trial, then 17.50$/month
- For the first 2000 words to be translated, it’s free to install. Also, you get a ten-day trial of the pro plan for no cost.
- Statistics on page views for Translates, as well your website.
- You can adjust the Translate button to suit your theme.
- Automatic translation: Weglot automatically converts your store to any language that the customer is using. This allows you to attract customers from all over the globe. This app has the advantage of translating the checkout, something that Shopify apps can’t do.
- Multilingual SEO optimization to optimize your stores for search engines around the globe.
- All paid plans include premium support
- Guide to setup and help.
- Starter (EUR 9.90/11.68 $/month). 01 translation. 10.000 words
- Business (EUR 19, 22.42$/month): 03 translation languages 50.000 words
- Pro (EUR 49.82 $/month).: 05 translation languages. 200.000 words
- Advanced (EUR 99 234.82 €/month): 10 languages translated 1.000.000 words