You want to improve your small business’ ecommerce website or website, but don’t know anything about marketing or web design. You’re at the right place. This Placeit.net review will show you why Placeit could be the solution to your problems.
Ecommerce merchants feel pressured to be able to do everything, from product design and sales to marketing and product mockups and everything in-between. This is unrealistic for most people. There are many tools that you can use to make your business idea a reality.
You can create and sell branded apparel and products to differentiate your business from the rest.
Placeit is here to shine. Placeit allows you to create such merchandise in no time at all, and without the need for any design or Photoshop skills.
You might be wondering what else Placeit offers. What is the cost of this service? What are the benefits and drawbacks of their service?
This review will answer all of these questions and more. Placeit can help you set your business on the right track.
Placeit has thousands of templates for graphic, video and apparel design that you can download and modify in a matter of minutes. They offer a wide range of marketing and branding tools, as well as tons of beautiful templates.
Do you require a new logo? Placeit offers an easy-to use logo maker that will help you create a unique brand that stands out from other ecommerce sites.
Perhaps a t-shirt design appeals to you? Placeit has thousands of digital mockups and apparel options. In just minutes, you can create merchandise that looks professional while promoting your business.
Placeit is a tool that allows users to quickly create brand items with minimal technical or artistic skill.
How Much Does Placeit Cost?
Without a breakdown of the costs, no Placeit review is complete. What is the cost of Placeit? Is it worth it?
Placeit offers a free trial that allows you to test all its tools. If you like the tool and think it helps your business, then you can upgrade to one of these options:
- Unlimited Subscription: $14.95 per month or $99.95 for a one-year subscription
This option gives you unlimited access to Placeit’s video templates, mockups and logo makers. You can download as many assets as you wish, and you can keep your subscription active for as long as it takes.
- Single Purchases – Don’t commit! This option allows you to pay only for the services that you use. You can only pay for the items you use, such as a T-shirt or a mockup. If you don’t think that you will use Placit enough to justify a subscription or to test Placeit’s quality, ease-of-use and affordability without spending more than necessary, this is a great option.
Here is a list of Placeit’s one off costs:
- Mockups: $7.95
- Template design: $2.95
- Logos: $39.95
- Video mockups and one video: $9.95
You can get a free trial before you commit. Placeit may also offer free downloads for selected images. Keep an eye out for these offers.
Your monthly subscription will automatically renew. However, there is no minimum commitment and you can cancel at any time. To avoid being charged for the next month/year, you must cancel at least one day prior to the billing date.
Placeit does not offer refunds for subscription periods that aren’t used. They can also terminate your account at any time for violating their terms. You can still access the assets that you have created even if you cancel your subscription.
Pros & Cons
Let’s now look at the pros and cons. Placeit is a great tool that does a lot of things right. However, it also has some drawbacks. Knowing about these will help you make an informed purchase decision.
Placeit is very simple to use for most people. Placeit can be an invaluable resource for ecommerce sellers with limited design, art or technical skills. They can create mockups or videos using the thousands of support resources they have.
Placeit has a large library of mockups, which is growing almost daily. These mockups can include anything from coupons, banners and mugs to social media posts and coupons. Placeit has a wide selection of apparel options for you to use as part of your merchandise.
Placeit, as we have already mentioned, is a great tool to create videos quickly and easily. There are many templates available for all video formats.
You can leave positive reviews by leaving comments like:
“The videos that you can create are incredible, as well as the mockups and social posts.”
“It not only offers devices screenshots, but also shirts and banners that I have used to train and market my business.”
They use high-quality photos of models and videos to give your products a more personal touch.
PlaceIt is a great marketing tool. It’s helped with email blasts and visuals for customers.
You can’t be all things to all people, and you can’t win them over. Placeit is not without fault, but does that make it any less frustrating? Let’s take another look to find out.
Placeit is great for beginners and marketers, as we have just shown. Placeit may be too easy for people who are more skilled in branding, technology and design.
Although the tool is simple to customize, it does not offer advanced editing or integrations that professional web designers might need. You can’t use gifs, advanced cropping or realistic blurring.
Placeit can be quite expensive if you do not subscribe to their membership plan. Even if you don’t consider merchandise to be a major part of your business the deal may not be worth it.
You will need to pay per download if you don’t have a membership. This can be costly, especially if you want to download logos which cost $39.95 per file. If you are only creating one logo and feel that it will help your business grow, this might be a good investment. Consider joining a membership if you are not satisfied with your logo.
Negative reviews can include comments like:
You can’t adjust the DPI or download in other formats. There are very few fonts available, and it is impossible to upload custom fonts.
“The non-subscription fees for downloadings are also too high, despite the many bases that are available.”
“Their models could have more varied looks.”
“I wish I could create my branding colors as templates.”
Placeit Review: Print on Demand
What is print on demand? This refers to printing small quantities of text or images on demand, often using digital technology.
Let’s say you are selling a T-shirt. A print on demand company will supply a blank shirt and you can upload your design to the shirt. Once you are happy with your mockup, you can market and sell the item. Once you have made some sales, the print-on-demand service will take the orders and ship them to your customers.
Keep this in mind. Placeit is not a print-on-demand tool. Your customers won’t be able to send you physical items.
You can also use Placeit as a print-on demand service and the tools offered by Placeit to make branded wares. Both of these sites work well together. These two sites may be the best combination to take your dropshipping business up the next level.
What does Placeit have to offer?
Placeit has an ever-expanding library of templates. These templates allow you to design and create:
- Logos. Choose from a variety of industries and then browse thousands template. You’re sure to find one that suits your niche.
- Design templates – It doesn’t matter what kind of design you are creating – flyers, t-shirts and social media images, etc. – you will find a good template on Placeit.
- High Resolution Mock-ups – If you are looking to make fashion items such as t-shirts and hoodies, tanks tops, hats, and hoodies, this is the place for you. You can also make things like phone cases, mugs and tote bags. You can find tons of mockups for HR to look through!
- Drag & Drop Videomaker – Use Placeit’s simple-to-use video maker for product demos, Instagram Stories, and social media marketing videos.
- Gaming – Create assets for your Twitch channel to brand your gaming channel – Placeit has everything you need!
We’ve now listed five areas that Placit is focused on. Let’s take a look at each one in more detail.
Your brand’s logo is essential for creating a strong identity. Period.
You need to create something innovative, memorable and relevant to your business. For example, don’t make a logo that has a deer on, if your company sells cat food.
Placeit is able to help you create a amazing logo in just few clicks. The interface is very simple and offers over 8,000 professionally-looking logo design templates.
Follow these steps to create your logo:
- Placeit’s website has a “Logos” tab.
- In the box under “let’s create a logo!”, type your brand name.
- Search for your niche or select your industry category.
- Your logo colors can be customized *tip: Be consistent with branding. If your brand has a color palette, use it. Placeit will customize its logo suggestions according to your color selection.
- You can now modify the components of your logo text, font, frame and so on.
- Once you are happy with the design click Save and Download.
Placeit can be used to create your first t-shirt or business cards, flyers, banners, flyers and social media images.
- Placeit’s website has a tab called “Design Templates”.
- Choose the asset that you wish to design from Placeit’s vast selection.
- Simply click on the template that interests you.
- You can now customize your template design by adding text and changing the font.
- Once you are happy with the final design, click Save and then Download.
Placeit offers over 22,000 mockup templates, giving you plenty of options to pick the design that suits you best.
You might be asking, “Hang on, what’s a mockup?”
A mockup, which is a pre-made template that can be used to create a product, such as a t-shirt, is for you. It can be customized by adding your own text, images, and other details.
Create your own mockup
- Click the “mockups tab” at the top of Placeit’s website.
- Choose the mockup design that you want to create. Placeit has many options for you to choose from mugs to totes bags, mugs to mockups of T-shirts and leggings.
- Placeit has a vast collection of templates and designs that you can browse once you have decided what type of merchandise you want to mockup.
- After you have chosen your template, it is time to personalize it with your text and images. You can crop the graphics to suit your needs.
- Once you are satisfied with the mockup, you can download it without or with a watermark.
Engaging with your audience through video content is a great way to engage. A quick film can help you do so many things. Businesses can use a quick film to promote their products, make a viral sensation and introduce themselves to potential customers, just to name a few.
Data shows that videos do a better job of capturing peoples’ attention than images. It’s interesting to note that social media videos can generate 12 times more shares than text and images combined. This is not all. You’re more likely to get visitors to your site using video than companies that don’t. 41% More likely.
Many believe that videos are useful because they force people to pay attention to the details, while pictures allow them to continue scrolling mindlessly.
Publishing video content that is professional-looking and engaging could help you improve your online marketing efforts.
Placeit has hundreds of video templates to choose from for different types of videos.
Here’s how it works:
- Placeit’s website has a tab called “videos”.
- Select the video format that you wish to use: Instagram Stories, intro templates, slideshow videos, Instagram Stories; Instagram videos with product demos; Instagram videos with product videos, etc.
- Browse Placeit’s video templates library and find one that suits you.
- You can personalize your video according to your brand’s requirements: images, text, colors, playback speed and so on.
- Your video’s sound is an important element. So, instead of using a ringtone-style ringtone audio, choose something that suits your company’s image. Placeit offers over 1,300 audio tracks, from jazz to alternative beats, in its vast audio library. This resource is essential at this stage in the video-making process.
- Once you are done, download your video!
Online gaming has seen a surge in popularity over the past decade. Some gamers have made streaming video of their gaming a profession, and it is a very lucrative one.
Youtube and Twitch let you live-stream your games to an audience. You can also potentially make money. This can be done from your iPhone or iPad. This type of content is very popular. Twitch has more than 2,000,000 streamers each month and 9.7 million users. This is an amazing number of people!
If you are a gamer, it is crucial to brand your channel if you want the opportunity to stand out amongst the growing number of live-streamers. This is not an easy task. You need to present a professional, yet unique image.
Placeit will help you design amazing templates for branding your gaming channel. This includes your logo, Twitch assets, and any merchandise you wish to sell.
Here are some ways to get started with the creation process
- Click the “Gaming” tab at Placeit’s top.
- Select the type of template you wish to search. For example, all templates for gaming; logos, animated logos; Twitch banners and overlays; intro videos, etc.
- After you have chosen the category, you can browse the selection and pick the one that suits you best.
- You can customize the text and colors of the template. *Tip: designing a logo? An animated logo can add movement to your design.
- Download it when you are ready!
The bottom line
We’re done with our Placeit review.
It doesn’t need to be difficult or time-consuming to improve your branding. The process can be made simple, fast, and easy with the right tool. Placeit is proud to offer a simple-to-use service for even the most experienced designers.
There are thousands of mockups, templates, and designs to choose from so you can find the right vibe for your company. You want to make a video? Placeit also offers video production services. Placeit offers everything you need to project the perfect image for your business, from business cards to banners to book covers to more.
This Placeit review examines what Placeit can do for your business, and how it can grow your brand. This review has reviewed the various services Placeit offers, and also its pros and cons. We hope this information will help you make an informed decision about whether or not this tool is right for your business.
Are you familiar with Placeit? Are you looking at Placeit alternatives like Envato, Magic Mockups or Mockupsjar. Perhaps you prefer to use a mockup maker? Let us know what you think in the comments below. Talk soon!