Adding a custom domain name to your Shopify store is a great way to make it more branded and professional. Plus, it’s really easy to do! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to add a custom domain name to your Shopify store.
How to add a custom domain name to Shopify?
Assuming you have already registered your domain name with a registrar, you can add your custom domain name to your Shopify store in a few quick and easy steps:
1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to Online Store > Domains.
2. Under the “Add a domain” section, enter your custom domain name in the box and click “Add domain”.
3. In the “Domain settings” section, select the custom domain name you just added from the dropdown menu and then click “Save”.
4. That’s it! Your custom domain should now be working with your Shopify store.
The benefits of adding a custom domain name to Shopify
A custom domain name is the first step in building your brand identity on the web. It’s how you’ll be known and found by customers, and it’s a big part of making your online store look professional.
There are plenty of benefits to adding a custom domain name to your Shopify store. For starters, it makes you look more credible and trustworthy to customers. It also gives you more control over your branding, and makes it easier for customers to find and remember your store.
Plus, having a custom domain name can help improve your search engine rankings and give you a boost in traffic. And if you ever decide to switch platforms or move your store to a different hosting provider, your custom domain name comes with you!
How to choose the right custom domain name for your Shopify store
When you’re setting up a new Shopify store, one of the first things you’ll need to do is choose a custom domain name. This can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not sure where to start.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing a custom domain name for your Shopify store:
1. Keep it short and sweet: A shorter domain name is easier for customers to remember and type into their browser.
2. Make it relevant to your brand: Choose a domain name that reflects your brand identity and what you sell.
3. Avoid using hyphens: Hyphens can make your domain look spammy and can be difficult for customers to remember.
4. Use a .com extension: .com domains are the most recognized and trusted by consumers.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect custom domain name for your Shopify store, head over to our blog post on how to add it to your shop!
Adding a custom domain name to your Shopify online store is a great way to give it a professional look and feel. By following the steps in this article, you can easily add a custom domain name to your Shopify store. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Table of Contents