If you run a shop on Shopify, you may have noticed that the default settings do not allow for age verification. In this article, we will show you how to add age verification to your shop using a free plugin and some easy steps.
What is Age Verification?
Age verification is the process of confirming a person’s age before allowing them access to certain online services or products. This process can be used to protect children from accessing inappropriate content, and to ensure that adults are not accessing services that are not appropriate for their age.
There are a number of different methods that Age Verification can use, including asking for a user’s date of birth, IMEI number, or other identifying information. Most Age Verification methods rely on some form of authentication, such as a password or PIN.
Age Verification is an important part of protecting children and ensuring that they are using digital products and services in a safe way. By using reliable and secure Age Verification methods, we can help keep children safe online and help protect our digital economy.
How to Add Age Verification on Shopify?
Adding age verification on Shopify is a simple process that can help keep your customers safe. You can use age verification to ensure that only adults are buying products from your store, and to reduce the number of underage purchases.
To add age verification on Shopify:
1. Log in to your Shopify account.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. Under the General section, click Age Verification.
4. In the Age Verification Options section, you can set up your age verification system.
5. To add an age verification step to your checkout process, click Add Step.
6. In the Add Step dialog box, enter the name of your step (for example, Age Verification), and then select the type of step (for example, Check ID).
7. Select the options for your step (for example, whether to require a photo ID or just a birthdate).
8. Click Save Changes to save your changes and begin enforcing your age verification policy!
What to do if your Age is Not Verified
Adding age verification on Shopify is essential for preventing minors from purchasing items online. If you’re not sure how to add verification, read on for instructions.
There are a few ways to add age verification on Shopify:
1. Use a third-party service
2. Use Shopify’s built-in age verification features
3. Use both methods together
1. Use a third-party service: There are a number of third-party services that offer age verification, such as AgeID and Age Lock. These services will require you to input your shop’s unique ID and the required ages for the items that you want to sell. The advantage of using a third-party service is that it’s easy to use and there are many options available. The disadvantage is that these services tend to be more expensive than using Shopify’s built-in features.
2. Use Shopify’s built-in age verification features: Shopify offers two methods for adding age verification: password authentication and two-factor authentication (2FA). Password authentication requires users to enter a password in order to purchase an item, while 2FA requires them to enter a code generated when they sign in, as well as their password. Both methods are simple to use and require no additional software or hardware.
The advantage of using Shopify’s built-in features is that they’re easy to set up and there are many options available. The disadvantage is that they may not be suitable for all products and there may be restrictions on how often items can be sold.
3. Use both methods together: If you want to use both password authentication and 2FA, you can do this by setting up two separate authentication methods. For example, you could set up password authentication for new users and 2FA for regular users.
If you’re selling products on Shopify, it’s important that you add age verification so that minors can’t purchase your products. This guide will show you how to do just that. Whether you’re using a third-party service or setting up your own system, following these steps will help make sure your customers are who they say they are and that your store is running smoothly.