Are you looking for a way to monetize your Shopify store? Amazon Affiliate links are a great way to do just that. With Amazon Affiliate links, you can earn referral and commission fees on any products purchased from Amazon. Plus, it’s easy and free to get started! In this blog post, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of adding Amazon Affiliate links to your Shopify Store. We’ll cover everything from setting up your affiliate account to inserting Amazon product links into your shop pages. So, let’s get started!
What are Amazon Affiliate Links?
An Amazon Affiliate link is a specific URL that includes your affiliate ID. When a customer clicks on one of your affiliate links and makes a purchase on Amazon, you will earn a commission.
To add an Amazon Affiliate link to your Shopify store, you will need to create a new menu item and then add the link to that menu item.
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
2. In the Navigation Editor, click Add menu.
3. Enter a name for the new menu and click Save Menu.
4. Click Add link under the new menu.
5. Enter the text for the link (for example, Amazon).
6. In the URL field, enter the affiliate URL that you want to use for this link (for example, http://www.amazon.com/?tag=my-affiliate-id).
7. Click Save Link.
How to Add Amazon Affiliate Links to Shopify?
Adding Amazon affiliate links to your Shopify store is a great way to earn money from your website. There are a few different ways to add Amazon affiliate links to Shopify, and we’ll walk you through each method below.
Before we dive into the details, it’s important to note that you need to be an Amazon Associates member in order to add affiliate links to your Shopify store. You can sign up for Amazon Associates here.
Now let’s take a look at how to add Amazon affiliate links to Shopify…
Option 1: Add Amazon Affiliate Links Using the Shopify Custom HTML widget
The first option for adding Amazon affiliate links to Shopify is by using the Custom HTML widget. This option is best for those who are comfortable working with code and don’t mind taking a few minutes to set things up.
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign in to your Shopify account and go to Online Store > Themes.
2. Find the theme you want to edit and click Actions > Edit code.
3. In the Layout section of the Edit Code page, click on Add a new section.
4. Choose the type of section you want to add and then click Add section. We recommend choosing the Fullwidth or Columns sections for this particular tutorial as they will make it easier to see your changes while you’re working on them.
Pros and Cons of Adding Amazon Affiliate Links to Shopify
1. You can make money passively from your Shopify store by adding Amazon affiliate links. This is a great way to generate income without having to actively promote your products.
2. Amazon is a trusted and well-known brand, so customers are more likely to click on your affiliate links and make a purchase.
3. Affiliate links do not take up much space on your product pages, so they will not interfere with the design or user experience of your Shopify store.
4. You can track the performance of your affiliate links using Shopify’s built-in analytics tools, so you can see which products are generating the most sales and adjust your strategy accordingly.
5. Adding Amazon affiliate links to your Shopify store is quick and easy, and does not require any coding skills.
1. You will not earn commission on every sale made through your Amazon affiliate link, as Amazon only pays out commission on certain items (typically physical goods). This means that you could potentially miss out on earnings if customers purchase items that are not eligible for commission.
2. Amazon has been known to change its commission structure and rates without notice, which could impact your earnings negatively if you are relying heavily on this income stream.
3. Some customers may be turned off by the fact that you are promoting competing products on your own store, and this could lead to lost sales.
How to Optimize Amazon Affiliate Links on Shopify?
Assuming you’re using the Amazon Affiliate program, there are a few things you can do to optimize your affiliate links on Shopify.
First, be sure to use deep linking. Deep linking allows you to link directly to a product page on Amazon, rather than just the home page. This means that potential customers will see exactly what you’re promoting, rather than having to search for it themselves. Not only is this more convenient for them, but it also increases your chances of making a sale.
Another way to optimize your affiliate links is to use keyword-rich anchor text. This is the text that someone clicks on to be taken to your link. By including relevant keywords in your anchor text, you can increase both click-through rates and conversion rates.
Finally, make sure your affiliate links are mobile-friendly. More and more people are shopping on their phones and tablets, so if your links aren’t optimized for mobile devices they could be losing you sales. Luckily, most affiliate programs offer mobile-friendly links by default nowadays. However, it’s still worth double-checking before you start promoting them.
Adding Amazon affiliate links to Shopify is a quick and easy way to monetize your store. By utilizing the power of Amazon’s extensive product catalog, you can create an incredible array of products for your customers that you may not otherwise be able to offer. With just a few clicks, you will be up and running with added income potential from your very own Shopify store! Making money online has never been easier – get started today!