Shopify is an incredibly popular eCommerce platform with a suite of powerful tools to help businesses succeed in their online store. But one of the most essential elements missing from the platform is a rich text editor. A rich text editor allows merchants to add more content, imagery and formatting when creating product description pages, blog posts, and more. Adding a rich text editor to your Shopify store can be done with a few simple steps. In this article, we’ll guide you through how to add this powerful tool so that you can create richer and more impactful content for your shop.
Why Use Rich Text Editor in Shopify?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to use a rich text editor in your Shopify store. Perhaps you want to add some extra formatting options for your product descriptions, or maybe you need to create more complex pages with multiple columns and headings. Whatever the reason, Shopify’s rich text editor is a great way to add extra formatting options to your store.
One of the biggest advantages of using a rich text editor is that it gives you more control over the look of your pages. With a regular text editor, you’re limited to plain text and simple HTML tags. But with a rich text editor, you can add bold and italic tags, create lists, and even embed images and videos. This can make your pages much more visually appealing and help you stand out from the competition.
Another great advantage of using a rich text editor is that it makes creating complex pages much easier. If you’ve ever tried to create a page with multiple columns or headings in a regular text editor, you know how frustrating it can be. But with a rich text editor, you can easily add and format different elements on your page without having to write any code. This can save you hours of time when creating new pages for your store.
So if you’re looking for more control over the look of your Shopify store, or if you need an easier way to create complex pages, then a rich text editor is definitely worth considering.
How to Add Rich Text Editor in Shopify?
Adding a rich text editor to your Shopify store can be a great way to allow customers to add their own personal touches to their purchase. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to add a rich text editor to your Shopify store:
1. Log into your Shopify account and go to the “Online Store” section.
2. Click on “Themes” and then “Customize Theme.”
3. In the “Customize Theme” section, click on the “Add Section” button.
4. A new window will appear with a list of available sections. Scroll down until you find the “Rich Text Editor” section and click on the “Add” button next to it.
5. The rich text editor will now appear in the section list on the left side of the screen. Click on it to open it up and begin editing.
6. To add content, simply click on the “+” sign that appears when you hover over an empty area in the editor. This will open up a new window where you can enter your content.
7. Once you’re finished adding content, be sure to click on the “Save” button at the top of the screen before exiting out of the Customize Themesection
Tips for Using Rich Text Editor in Shopify
Adding a rich text editor to your Shopify store is a great way to spruce up your product descriptions, blog posts, and other content. Here are a few tips for using the rich text editor:
1. Use headings and subheadings to structure your content.
2. Make use of bulleted and numbered lists.
3. Use bold, italic, and underlined text to highlight important information.
4. Use the built-in spell checker to avoid typos.
5. Insert images and other media into your content to make it more engaging.
6. Use the preview function to see how your content will look before you publish it.
The Rich Text Editor section can be a great addition to any Shopify store. It gives customers the ability to customize text, add images and videos, and create unique content for their shopping experience that stands out from other stores. With just a few clicks of the mouse, you can make your Shopify store look more professional and engaging to potential customers. We hope our guide has given you all the information necessary on how to add a Rich Text Editor section in Shopify easily and quickly so that you can start customizing your shop today!