Dropshipping platforms are a hot topic. Wish and AliExpress are two of the top contenders. Although AliExpress is clearly more popular than Wish, many people struggle to distinguish the differences.
You don’t have to worry, this Wish comparison vs. AliExpress will highlight the major differences between them and help you choose the right dropshipping platform for your needs.
AliExpress vs. Wish: The Basics
Let’s first discuss the differences between AliExpress dropshipping.
AliExpress, which is owned by Alibaba Group, is one of the most successful and popular eCommerce websites in the world. AliExpress is based in China but has a significant market share in countries like Brazil, Russia, Singapore and Brazil.
AliExpress sellers are mostly from China and offer a variety of products such as electronics, clothing, outdoor gears. They also sell kitchenware, utensils and other utility items. AliExpress offers Buyer Protection to protect customers from fraudsters. Dropshipping can be done with DSR. This is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool that lists thousands of sellers.
ContextLogic Inc owns Wish, an eCommerce platform that was founded in the United States. The company’s headquarters are in San Francisco. It was founded as an online platform for creating wishlists for different products.
Wish now has more than 500K registered sellers across the globe. With an annual revenue of $2.5 Billion, the online store saw tremendous growth in 2020.
Wish offers dropshipping, just like AliExpress. You can list different products in various domains, including technology, clothing and toys.
Wish vs. AliExpress: Dropshipping Features
Let’s now get to the bottom of each platform.
AliExpress is an eCommerce platform that has been on the market since 2010. AliExpress has thousands of sellers so you can find more products.
Wish’s sellers are mostly related to electronics and clothing, which makes it difficult for customers to search for a wide range of products.
Dropshipping can be costly if you don’t know how to price your products. This is why AliExpress dropshipping was a clear winner over Wish.
Although it’s difficult to compare all products on the two platforms, AliExpress has been found to have more competitive pricing.
AliExpress also offers many solutions, such as Alitools, that allow you to track and monitor the prices of different products.
Both platforms are highly secure and reliable, as shown in the Wish comparison with AliExpress. Although they have millions of users around the world, the largest market for Wish is in the US or Europe.
AliExpress, on the other hand, has a remarkable reach worldwide, with a prominent presence at the US, Europe and Brazil as well as Russia.
AliExpress has been a popular solution to launch dropshipping businesses quickly and easily. Although Wish also offers dropshipping services (although it is limited in scope),
You can use tools such as DSers to manage your AliExpress dropshipping orders.
DSers offer a variety of options to help you manage your dropshipping business, from Supplier Optimization to bulk orders. This automation is not possible for Wish-based dropshipping stores.
AliExpress vs. Wish: The Pros and Cons
Let’s now look at the main differences between AliExpress dropshipping and Wish. Let’s take a quick look at their pros and cons.
Dropshipping with Wish
- Dropshipping is easy with Wish
- There are many sellers and catalogs to choose from.
- Integration with PayPal, Payoneer and other payment gateways is seamless
- Wish is home to many sellers who sell fake products.
- It is still relatively new and only limited dropshipping services are available.
- Most of the products have relatively high prices.
- Higher commission fees (up to 15%).
Dropshipping with AliExpress
- Dropshipping is a well-known and popular platform with millions of sellers.
- To automate the majority of their work, users can use the help of DSers (the official AliExpress dropshipping tool).
- Dropshipping is easy with the many plugins and tools available (such as social integration and timely insights).
- To start an AliExpress dropshipping company, we need to invest a minimum amount.
- Some products may take longer shipping times than others.
Tip: Use the DSers – AliExpress’ Official Dropshipping Partner
As you can see AliExpress dropshipping offers a better alternative to Wish. However, if you are looking to improve sales and get better results, then DSers is a great tool.
This is the AliExpress official dropshipping solution. It allows you to browse hundreds of sellers from one location.
- With the help DSers you can order hundreds from the seller of choice.
- You can also create product bundles to increase your overall sales.
- DSers has an integrated Supplier Optimizer that will allow you to choose the best supplier for your products, maximising your profit.
- Advanced options will be available for automatic syncing tracking numbers and order statuses.
- Other useful features include automatic pricing and multiple stock management.
You now know which dropshipping platform you should choose, and you are ready to start your eCommerce business.