If you run a shop on Shopify, then you’re probably pretty familiar with the platform and all of its features. However, if you want to track your website’s traffic and see how it’s performing, you’ll need to install Google Analytics code. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of installing Google Analytics code on Shopify, and how to get the most out of it.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google. It allows you to collect and analyze website traffic data.
Google Analytics can be installed on your Shopify store in just a few minutes. Once you have installed it, you will need to create a tracking code for your store. You can find instructions on how to do this on the Google Analytics website.
This is an essential tool for any online business, and it can help you to track the progress of your store and make adjustments as necessary. By using Google Analytics, you will be able to better understand your audience and their behavior on your website.
How to Install Google Analytics Code For Shopify
If you’re looking to integrate Google Analytics tracking into your Shopify store, then this guide is for you. We’ll walk you through the simple steps of installing Google Analytics code and setting it up to collect data. This will allow you to analyze your shopping habits and make better decisions based on the data collected.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you understand how your visitors interact with your store. By tracking visitor behavior, you can learn more about what ads are working well, what content is resonating with customers, and more.
Here are the steps we’ll cover:
1) Install the Google Analytics tracking code on your Shopify site.
2) Set up your account and create a custom profile.
3) Configure the tracking code to collect data.
4) Analyze the data using the Google Analytics dashboard.
Setting Up Your Google Analytics Account
If you’re new to tracking website traffic and marketing data, or if you’re upgrading your existing Shopify store to use Google Analytics, this guide will walk you through the process.
First, create an account with Google Analytics. If you don’t have an account yet, visit https://www.google.com/analytics/.
Once you’ve created your account, sign in and navigate to the Settings page. On this page, find the Account Type dropdown and select web property. Then, click the Get Started button to continue with the tutorial.
Next, download and install the Google Analytics for Shopify extension from the Shopify App Store. Once you have installed it, open your Google Analytics account and click on the Admin tab.
From here, click on the Install button next to Google Analytics for Shopify and select the GA for Shopify checkbox. Then, enter your store’s URL into the Location field and click on Install Now.
Finally, enter your store’s Google Analytics tracking code into the Tracking Code field and click on Save.
Now, you’re ready to start tracking your traffic and marketing data!
Tracking your Shopify Store Stats
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you understand how your visitors interact with your store. It can also help you track which parts of your store are performing the best. This guide will show you how to install Google Analytics code for Shopify.
If you’re a Shopify store owner, you’re likely familiar with the popular ecommerce platform’s analytics features. And if you’re not, now is a great time to get started! Here are five tips for using Google Analytics on Shopify:
1. Set up your account: If you don’t have an account yet, head to Google Analytics and sign up for a free account. Once you’ve signed in, create a new project and select “Shopify” as your platform. You’ll then need to provide your Shopify merchant ID and Store URL.
2. Enable tracking: Next, make sure you’ve enabled tracking in your Shopify admin area by going to “Admin > Settings > Google Analytics.” Under “General,” make sure the “Enable Google Analytics” box is checked and click “Save Changes.”
3. Add GA tracking code: Now that we’ve activated tracking, let’s add the GA code to our blog post. To do this, open a new file in your text editor of choice and enter the following code: After adding this line of code, save the file and close it.
4. Set up GA tracking: Now that we’ve activated tracking, we need to set up Google Analytics to track our blog post. To do this, open your Google Analytics account and click on the “Admin” tab. Under “All channels,” make sure the “Blog Posts” channel is selected and copy the tracking code below:
5. Add a GA snippet to your blog post: Finally, we’ll add the tracking code to our blog post. To do this, open a new paragraph in your text editor of choice and paste in the following code: After pasting in this code, save the file and close it.
Now that we’ve set up our Google Analytics account and tracked our blog post, let’s take a look at some of the data that we can now see! In the next section, we’ll explore some of the most important Shopify store stats using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is one of the most popular web analytics tools out there. If you’re using Shopify, it’s important to install Google Analytics so that you can understand how your visitors are interacting with your store. In this article, I’ll show you how to install Google Analytics code on your Shopify site and get started tracking your traffic.
Table of Contents