For online stores built on Shopify, one of the biggest challenges for the owners is to find a reliable payment gateway that will not only ensure secure transactions but also become an effective part of their store. Braintree Payment by PayPal is a great choice because it allows customers to pay with a variety of methods like credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to set up Braintree Payment with your Shopify store so you can start taking payments online.
What is Braintree Payment?
Braintree Payment is a payment gateway that allows you to accept payments online. It is a subsidiary of PayPal and is available in over 45 countries. Braintree Payment offers a variety of features, including support for mobile payments, recurring billing, and fraud prevention.
How to set up Braintree Payment with Shopify
1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to the Payment providers section and click on Choose a provider.
3. Select Braintree from the list of providers.
4. Enter your Braintree API credentials into the corresponding fields.
5. Save your changes and you should now be able to accept payments through Braintree on your shop!
How to accept payments with Braintree
Braintree makes it easy to accept payments in your Shopify store. With Braintree, you can accept credit and debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. You can also set up recurring billing for customers who want to subscribe to your products or services.
To start accepting payments with Braintree, you’ll need to create a Braintree account and then connect it to your Shopify store. Once you’ve done that, you can start accepting payments.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up Braintree payments in your Shopify store:
1. Create a Braintree account
If you don’t already have a Braintree account, you’ll need to create one. You can sign up for a free trial at https://www.braintreepayments.com/.
2. Connect your Braintree account to Shopify
Once you have a Braintree account, you’ll need to connect it to your Shopify store. To do this, go to the Payment providers page in your Shopify admin and click the + button next to Braintree.
3. Configure your settings
After you’ve connected your Braintree account to Shopify, you’ll need to configure your settings. To do this, click on the Settings tab in the Braintree section of your Payment providers page.
How to use Braintree Subscriptions for recurring payments
Braintree Subscriptions make it easy to recurring payments for your Shopify customers. You can use Braintree Subscriptions to set up automatic payments for customers who purchase physical or digital goods on a recurring basis, such as a monthly subscription box.
To start using Braintree Subscriptions for recurring payments:
1. Set up your Braintree account and obtain your API keys.
2. Create a new subscription plan in the Braintree Control Panel. Be sure to include all relevant details, such as the billing interval (weekly, monthly, etc.), price, and trial period (if applicable).
3. Enable subscriptions in your Shopify admin by going to Settings > Payments and selecting “Braintree” as your payment gateway.
4. In the Braintree section of your Shopify admin, enter your API keys and select the subscription plan you created in step 2.
5. That’s it! Customers who purchase products from your store will now be automatically billed according to the terms of your subscription plan.
How to refund a transaction in Braintree
If you need to refund a transaction that has been processed through Braintree, you can do so easily from within your Shopify admin. To refund a transaction:
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
2. Click on the order that you want to refund.
3. From the Order details page, click Refund.
4. In the Refund pop-up window, select the items that you want to refund and enter the quantity for each item. If you want to refund the entire order, select all of the items.
5. Enter a reason for the refund in the Comment section and click Issue Refund.
6. You’ll see a confirmation message letting you know that the refund has been processed successfully.
In conclusion, integrating Braintree Payment with Shopify is a simple and secure process. With just a few clicks of the mouse, you can easily configure your store to accept payments from some of the most popular payment methods available today. By taking advantage of integrated solutions like this one, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly enhance customer satisfaction and experience while also providing an effective payment system that’s reliable and secure at all times.