One of the most common questions we get at Shopify is how to issue a refund. Whether it’s for a purchase that didn’t work out or a software subscription that was cancelled, we are here to help. In this blog post, we will go over the different ways you can issue refunds in Shopify and some tips on how to make the process as seamless as possible for both you and your customer.
How to Issue a Refund in Shopify?
To issue a refund in Shopify, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Shopify account.
2. Click on the “Shop” tab at the top of the page.
3. Click on “My Account” in the menu bar at the top of the page.
4. Click on “Refunds” in the menu bar at the top of the page.
5. In the “Refunds” section, click on “Create A Refund.”
6. In the “Refund Options” section, enter your shop’s name and email address in the required fields and click on “Next.”
7. In the “Refund Payment Method” section, choose between issuing a refund through PayPal or Stripe and click on “Next.”
8. In the “Shipping Address” section, enter your shop’s shipping address and click on “Next.”
9. In the “Confirmation Page” section, review your refund details and click on “Submit.”
10. Your refund will be processed and you’ll receive an email notification confirming its success!
When Do Refunds Happen?
When you issue a refund in Shopify, it will generally happen within 72 hours of the purchase. This timeline is based on our algorithm, which takes into account factors like order confirmation messages and item shipping times. If you have any questions about issuing a refund in Shopify, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer support team.
What Are the Refund Criteria?
When it comes to refunds, Shopify takes a few different approaches. Depending on your store’s refund policy, you may be able to issue refunds for certain types of products, or you may have a more general refund policy that applies to all products.
To determine your store’s refund criteria, first make sure you have set up your store’s refund policy. This can be done in the Settings > Online Store > Shipping & Refunds section of your Shopify account. Next, review the following table to see which refund types are available to you:
Refund Type Available Products Refundable items Yes All products except digital downloads and customized orders Non-refundable items No Customized orders only Digital downloads and customized orders Only if the product has been deleted from your shop within 30 days.
Refunds in Shopify are easy to set up and manage, so if you need to issue one it’s not a big deal at all. In this article, we will show you how to create a refund for a customer in just minutes, step by step. We hope that this guide has clarified everything for you and that issuing refunds in Shopify is now as easy as 1-2-3!
Table of Contents