Collections are a great way to showcase your product and keep your customers interested. But what if someone wanted to view your collection without having to register for an account? Or what if you want to password protect your collection so that only registered users can see it? This article will show you how to password protect a collection on Shopify, step by step. By following these instructions, you’ll be able to keep your customers safe and secure while they browse your collection.
What is a Collection Page?
A Collection Page is a page on your Shopify store that lets you manage and share products with your customers. You can password protect Collection Pages so that only authorized users can view them.
To create a password-protected Collection Page, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings tab of your Shopify account and scroll down to the Collections section.
2. Click the Add New Collection button to add a new collection page.
3. In the Title field, type a name for your collection page, like “My Shopping Picks.”
4. In the Description field, type a brief description of your collection page, like “Collection of my favorite products.”
5. In the Category field, select the category(s) in which you want to include products from this collection page. If you don’t have any product categories yet, click Create A New Category and fill out the required fields. Once you’ve selected a category, all products in that category will be included on this collection page by default.
How to Password Protect a Collection Page on Shopify
If you want to password protect a collection page on Shopify, there are a few things you need to do. First, go to your Shopify Admin area and click on Settings. Then, under the “Security” category, find the “Collection Pages” setting and click on it. In the popup window that appears, type in a password and click on the “Create” button. You’ll now be able to enter a password for each collection you want to protect. Click on the “Update” button next to each collection you’ve created and enter your new passwords in the corresponding fields. Finally, make sure that your password is different from any other passwords you use on your store.
Password protecting a collection page on Shopify can help you keep your customers safe and secure while they are browsing your store. By password protecting a collection page, you can ensure that the pages in that collection cannot be accessed by anyone other than the owner of the collection. You can also choose to password protect specific pages within the collection, or even individual items in the collection. Password protection is an excellent way to keep your customers happy and secure while shopping on your store.
Table of Contents