If you are running a shop on Shopify, you may have noticed that the page titles for your products and pages can be pretty long. This is because Shopify uses a custom title tag to generate the page titles. In this article, we will show you how to remove the page title from your shop’s products and pages.
What is a Page Title?
A page title is important when it comes to SEO on Shopify. It is what shows up in the search engine results pages (SERPs) when someone searches for your store name. The title is also used as the main heading in your blog posts and as the label for your store’s home page. When creating a page title, make sure it is catchy and relevant to your product or service.
How to Choose a Page Title
Page titles are one of the most important aspects of your Shopify shop. They help you identify and target your audience, and can help you keep track of what’s selling and what’s not. Here are some tips on how to choose the perfect page title for your shop:
1. Think about what you want your page to achieve. Is it a sales page? A blog section? A landing page? The page title will influence how you design and build your site, so it’s important to choose something that accurately reflects the content on the page.
2. Be descriptive. When people land on a page with a specific title, they’ll expect to find information related to that title. Use keywords throughout the title, and include phrases that describe the topic of the post or article. For example, “How to Setup an Ecommerce Store from Scratch” is a great headline for an article about setting up an online store from scratch, while “10 Best Etsy Stores for Women” would be a better headline for an article about finding female-friendly Etsy stores.
3. Make it catchy. Your headline should be catchy enough that people will remember it without having to read the whole post (after all, you don’t want them to hit the back button before they’ve even had a chance to buy something!). Try to use words that are easy to type and spell, without being too juvenile or cheesy.
4. Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate your titles with too many words, punctuation marks, or capital letters. A simple, straight-forward title will be easier for shoppers to understand and remember.
5. Check for typos. Make sure that all of your page titles are spelled correctly and free of typos. This will help you avoid potential customer confusion, and it’ll also make your titles appear more professional.
6. Use keyword research to find the right keywords for your page titles. Once you have a list of potential keywords, try to include at least one in each title. This will help you rank higher in search engine results, which can lead to increased traffic and sales for your shop.
How to Remove Page Title on Shopify?
If you’re looking to remove the page title from your Shopify store, here’s how you can do it.
If you’re like most Shopify merchants, you probably want to remove the page title from your web pages. Unfortunately, this isn’t always as easy as it sounds. Here’s a guide on how to do it.
Note: This method works with both shop pages and product pages.
Step 1: Log in to your Shopify account and open up your Shopify admin area. Click on “Pages” in the left navigation bar and then click on the page you want to modify.
Step 2: In the “Page Attributes” section of the page, click on the “Title” option. You’ll see a list of all the titles assigned to the page. Select the title you want to remove and click on the “Remove Title” button.
Step 3: Save your changes by clicking on “Update Page“. You’ll now see that the page title has been removed.
How to Add a Page Title in Shopify
This is a useful feature for displaying the name of your blog on your store’s home page and for providing a more personalized shopping experience.
To add a page title in Shopify:
1. Log into your Shopify account.
2. Click on the “Shop” menu item located in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Under “My Stores,” click on the store name you would like to edit.
4. On the “Store Info” page, under the “Title & Meta” section, click on the “Pages” tab.
5. In the “Pages” tab, under the “Title” heading, type in a title for your blog post (for example, “How to Add a Page Title in Shopify”).
6. Click on the “Save Changes” button to save your changes and BAM! Your blog post will now have a page title.
If you’re looking to change up your shop’s look and feel, removing the page title from your homepage might be a good place to start. This simple step can help take some of the focus off of your product page and put it on other areas of your website that could use more attention. Plus, it just looks cleaner!