Pre-orders are a great way to get customers excited about new products and secure sales before they’re available. With the Shopify Pre-Order feature, you can offer pre-orders for any product in your store, including physical, digital, and subscription items. This article will cover everything you need to know about using the Shopify Pre-Order feature in your store, from how it works to the benefits of using it. We’ll also discuss some best practices for setting up your pre-order campaign and maximizing profits. So let’s dive in and see how you can use this powerful feature to boost sales!
What is pre ordering?
Pre ordering is a great way to get your customers excited about a new product launch, and it can also help you manage inventory. With Shopify’s pre order feature, you can easily add a pre order button to your product pages, and customers can purchase the product before it’s available.
When you enable the pre order feature for a product, Shopify will create a new product page with a pre order button. Customers can click the button to add the product to their cart, and they’ll be prompted to enter their shipping information at checkout. Once the product is available, Shopify will charge the customer’s credit card and ship the product out.
If you’re using Shopify Payments, you can also set up automatic payments so that customers are charged as soon as the product is available. This is a great way to manage inventory and make sure that customers are only charged for products that they receive.
The benefits of pre ordering
If you are looking to increase your sales and get a head start on your competition, pre-ordering is a great option for you! Pre-ordering allows customers to pay for an item before it is available, which means that you can start generating revenue and getting a jump on your competition.
There are a few benefits of pre-ordering that make it a great option for businesses:
1. Increased Sales: By offering pre-orders, you can generate revenue before the product is even available. This can help give your business a boost and get a head start on your competition.
2. Build Excitement: Customers who pre-order items are often more excited about the product and are more likely to spread the word to their friends and family. This can create a buzz around your product and help increase sales even further.
3. Get Feedback: Pre-ordering also allows you to get feedback from customers before the product is available to the general public. This can be invaluable in making sure that your product is exactly what customers want.
If you are considering using pre-orders for your business, keep these benefits in mind!
How to set up pre orders on Shopify
Assuming you have a Shopify store and are using the default ordering system, you can follow these steps to set up pre orders:
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
2. Find the product that you want to offer for pre order, and click Edit.
3. In the Inventory section, check the box next to Allow customers to place this item on pre order.
4. Save your changes.
Now when customers view that product in your store, they’ll see a message letting them know it’s available for pre order and an estimated shipping date. You can also add a note about pre orders in your theme’s checkout template so that it appears on the cart page and during checkout.
Tips for promoting your pre order products
The Shopify pre order feature is a great way to get your products out there and promote them to potential customers. Here are some tips for promoting your pre order products:
1. Use social media to spread the word – let your followers know that they can pre order your product and why they should do so. Use attractive visuals and persuasive copy to make your posts stand out.
2. Create a sense of urgency – make it clear that there are only a limited number of pre orders available, or that the pre order period will close soon. This will encourage people to act fast and place their orders.
3. Offer incentives – give people an incentive to place a pre order, such as a discount off the final price or free shipping. This will sweeten the deal and make it more likely that people will take the plunge.
4. Keep communication open – keep potential customers updated on the progress of their pre order, letting them know when it’s expected to ship out and any other relevant information. This builds trust and ensures that people feel confident about their purchase.
With the Shopify Pre Order feature, businesses can provide customers with an easy way to place orders for upcoming products. It helps streamline operations and increase sales by giving customers an opportunity to purchase items before they are released. By taking advantage of this powerful tool, businesses can make sure that their upcoming product launches will be a success. With the right marketing strategy in place and careful use of Shopify’s pre-order feature, any business can ensure that their new products hit the market with a bang!