You’ve just set up your brand new Shopify store. You’ve chosen the perfect theme, added all your products, and now you’re ready to start selling. But there’s just one problem: you need to add someone to help you with the day-to-day operations of the store. Adding a team member or third-party vendor to your Shopify account is easy enough, but first you need to send them an invite so they can create their own login. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do just that.
How to Send an Invite to a 3rd Party on Shopify
Assuming you have a Shopify account and are logged in:
1. On the left-hand side of your dashboard, click “Settings.”
2. Then, click “Account” from the settings options.
3. On the right-hand side of your screen, under the “Shopify Partners and Developers” section, click “Invite staff.”
4. Enter the email address of the person you’d like to invite in the “Email” field. Then, select which level of access you’d like this person to have from the “Level of access” drop-down menu. You can read more about the different levels of access here. Click “Send invite” when you’re finished.
The person you’ve invited will now receive an email with a link to create a Shopify account and accept your invite.
Why Would I Want to Invite a 3rd Party to My Shopify Account?
There are a few reasons you might want to invite a third party to your Shopify account. Maybe you’re working with a designer or developer who needs access to your store in order to help you with some changes or additions. Or, maybe you’re using a Shopify app that requires access to your store in order to work properly.
In either case, inviting a third party to your Shopify account is a pretty simple process. Just follow the steps below and you’ll have them added in no time!
What are the benefits of inviting a 3rd party to my Shopify account?
There are a few key benefits to inviting a 3rd party to your Shopify account:
1. They can help manage your store: A 3rd party can help with tasks like fulfilling orders, managing products, and dealing with customer service inquiries – freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of running your business.
2. They can provide expert insights: If you’re not sure how to optimize your store for conversions or which marketing strategies to use, a 3rd party can offer valuable insights and recommendations based on their experience in the eCommerce space.
3. They can take on important responsibilities: By delegating some of the day-to-day tasks associated with running a Shopify store to a trusted 3rd party, you can focus on growing your business and pursuing your long-term goals.
In conclusion, you can use Shopify to send an account invite to a third party. This is a great way to give someone access to your shop without them having to create their own account. All you need is their email address and you can send them an invite that will give them access to your shop.