Adding a double opt-in form to your Shopify newsletter is a great way to increase the quality of your subscriber list. By requiring subscribers to confirm their subscription, you can weed out those who are not truly interested in hearing from your brand. Here are the steps you need to take to add a double opt-in form to your Shopify newsletter: 1. Create a signup form 2. Add the signup form to your Shopify store 3. Set up email confirmation for your signup form 4. Test your double opt-in process By following these steps, you can be sure that you are only collecting email addresses from people who actually want to receive your newsletter. This will lead to higher engagement and better results from your newsletter campaigns.
What is double opt-in?
Adding a double opt-in form to your Shopify newsletter is a great way to increase subscribers and ensure that only those who are truly interested in receiving your emails sign up. Double opt-in means that after entering their email address into your sign-up form, subscribers will receive an email with a link to confirm their subscription. Only after clicking on that link will they be added to your mailing list.
This may seem like an extra step, but it’s worth it in order to avoid having uninterested or inactive users clogging up your list. Plus, studies have shown that double opt-in subscribers are more engaged and less likely to unsubscribe than those who only have to enter their email address once.
How to add a double opt-in form to your Shopify newsletter
There are two types of email sign-up forms that you can use to grow your Shopify newsletter subscribers: single opt-in and double opt-in.
With a single opt-in form, customers are only required to enter their email address in order to subscribe. This is the quickest and easiest way to grow your list, but it does have some downsides. The main downside is that it’s easier for people to accidentally sign up for your newsletter (or worse, sign up someone else).
With a double opt-in form, customers are required to enter their email address and then confirm their subscription via a follow-up email. This adds an extra step to the process, but it’s worth it because you can be confident that everyone who subscribes is interested in hearing from you. Plus, it reduces the chances of someone accidentally signing up for your newsletter.
Here’s how to add a double opt-in form to your Shopify newsletter:
1) Go to ‘Online Store’ > ‘Preferences’ in your Shopify admin.
2) Scroll down to the ‘Newsletter’ section and check the box next to ‘Enable double opt-in’.
3) Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page. That’s it! Now all new subscribers will be sent a confirmation email before they’re added to your list.
Pros and cons of double opt-in
The double opt-in process is when a person subscribes to your email list and then confirm their subscription via an email. This might sound like an extra step, but it can actually be beneficial for both the subscriber and the store owner.
For the subscriber, they can be sure that they really want to receive emails from the store since they took the time to confirm their subscription. For the store owner, they can be sure that the email address is valid and that the person wants to receive emails from them.
There are a couple of drawbacks to using a double opt-in process, however. First, it does require an extra step for the subscriber which could deter some people from signing up. Second, it could delay someone receiving your emails if they don’t check their email right away after subscribing.
Overall, double opt-in can be a good way to build your email list while also ensuring that everyone on your list really wants to be there.
Why you should use double opt-in
There are many reasons to use double opt-in for your Shopify newsletter. First, it ensures that only people who are interested in receiving your newsletter will sign up for it. This helps to avoid spam complaints and keeps your list clean.
Second, using double opt-in can help you build a more targeted and engaged list of subscribers. People who take the time to confirm their subscription are more likely to be interested in what you have to say and are more likely to open and click through your emails.
Third, double opt-in provides an extra layer of protection against spammers and malicious users. By requiring subscribers to confirm their subscription, you can be sure that they are legitimate users who want to receive your newsletter.
Overall, using double opt-in for your Shopify newsletter is a smart way to ensure that only people who are interested in hearing from you sign up for your list. This helps to keep your list clean and engaged, and provides an extra layer of protection against spammers and malicious users.
How to get the most out of double opt-in
There are a few key things to keep in mind when setting up a double opt-in form for your Shopify newsletter:
1. Make sure the sign-up form is prominent and easy to find on your website. The last thing you want is for potential subscribers to miss it or get frustrated trying to find it.
2. Be clear about what they’re signing up for. Include a brief but accurate description of what they can expect to receive from your newsletter.
3. Use an attention-grabbing headline and/or compelling visuals to encourage people to sign up.
4. Keep the form itself short and sweet – the fewer fields there are, the more likely people will be to complete it.
5. Offer an incentive for signing up, such as a discount code or exclusive access to content. This can be a great way to increase conversion rates.
6. Make sure you have a confirmed opt-in process in place so that people only receive your newsletter once they’ve explicitly requested it. This helps to avoid any spam complaints and ensures that your list is full of engaged subscribers who actually want to hear from you.