Dropshipping from Etsy to Shopify: The Benefits
Etsy is an American e-commerce site that focuses on vintage and handmade items. This includes jewelry, bags and clothing as well as home decor, furniture and toys.
Etsy is a thriving e-commerce site that has grown rapidly since its inception. It is a global online marketplace that supports creators and artists. It was clear that Etsy would struggle to succeed due to the long shipping times of suppliers and the fact that suppliers are artists or designers. This means that their stock can be limited.
Etsy has proven that it is here to stay despite all odds and is now thriving. Etsy has remained strong due to rising trends in supporting small business, crafts, handmade items.
Dropshipping on Etsy means that you are selling handmade products. You will only be able to sell unique and special products that are not mass-produced. This means that delivery times can’t exceed 2 days. This is however known. A person who purchases a personalised engraved ring or woven blanket will not be receiving next-day shipping. Craftsmanship is a treasure. This will allow you to sell to a new audience.
Space For Creativity
Shopify allows you to be creative with these products. You can be creative and offer customers a variety of personalized items. You can also offer a range of handmade toys. Perhaps you are not a fan of hand-crafted toys? You don’t have to be. You will never run out unique, unusual, or quirky items on Etsy.
Outshine Your Competitors
Unique items will make you stand out from the rest of your competitors. You can find as many items on Amazon or AliExpress as you want, but Etsy is simply not comparable. Etsy’s key selling point is its ability to stand out from other marketplaces and platforms. You will find unique products and services that you won’t find anywhere else.
There are many product categories. There are many categories to choose from. And you’ll find tons of products within each of them. Etsy has spent the time and effort to build a reputation for unique and special goods, so you don’t need to. Start your search to find the most popular and trending items.
You can score big margins because of the variety of items that you can find on Etsy. These items are rare or difficult to find elsewhere, so the prices can go up very high. People also spend more money on specialty items. This is a fact. You’ll make a lot of money if you can find some unusual items.
Step By Step Instructions
AutoDS allows you to link your Shopify store with AutoDS
After creating your AutoDS account, you can add your Shopify store to our top-left menu. Follow the easy steps to add your store URL. You can link your Shopify store to AutoDS in just a few steps.
Locate Products to Sell & Create Drafts
To import product drafts, create them. Use our AutoDS Extension on Etsy.com to import all/any product with a single click.
Optimize and Prepare Your Products
After you have imported your products, they will be displayed on your drafts page. You can edit and optimize them before you upload to your store. You can edit the title, description, variations, images and price. Click “Import” once you are done. You can add to your Shopify store directly or schedule an import at a particular time and date.
Stock & Price Monitoring
AutoDS’ monitoring software protects your store by scanning all products from any supplier to detect price and stock changes. AutoDS syncs any price and stock changes automatically to your Shopify store. AutoDS calculates shipping costs if applicable and adds them to your final price.
Automate Your Order Fulfillment
You made a sale! You made a sale. You can automate your Home Depot orders using The Fulfilled By AutoDS Service. We will process your orders and handle any returns or cancellations by loading the balance.
Enjoy Your Freedom!
You can save countless hours by using product optimization, automated importing, and an automated ordering system that is 100% automated. This will allow you to live your life to the fullest and spend your time doing what you love, such as spending time with your family and growing your ecommerce business into the giant it deserves.
HOW VIABLE & PROFITABLE IS DROPSHIPPING?
Dropshipping typically has a profit margin of 15% to 45%. Dropshipping can yield a profit margin of between 15% and 45% for luxury products (electronics, jewelry, etc.). A profit margin of as high as 100% can be achieved for consumer durables and luxury items (e.g. jewelry, electronics, etc.). It is about finding the right niche, supplier, and entering a market that’s not already saturated. It is possible to source directly from the manufacturer and avoid having to deal with a supplier or vendor. This will ensure that you have higher margins.
Once the business is established and has gained some traction, it can become a cash-making machine that requires minimal input. Dropshipping businesses like the one of Irwin Dominguez an accountant turned entrepreneur have achieved USD 1 million in sales within just eight months of their online launch. Although this is not the case with every dropshipping company, it does show the potential.
ARE DROPSHIP MANUFACTURERS, WHOLESALERS & AGREGATORS NOT THE SAME?
No. These terms are sometimes used interchangeably in ecommerce, but they are not the same. Let’s clarify the confusion.
- Manufacturers are those who produce the products. Although they may not have a dropshipping plan, retailers are lucky to have one. This eliminates the hassle and high costs of middlemen, which gives them the best prices. This lower cost means higher profit margins.
- Dropship wholesaler/supplier: This is someone who buys one type of product in bulk from the manufacturer and packages it and ships it to customers online via the retailer’s ecommerce business.
- Dropship aggregators, on the other side, are people who purchase different products from multiple manufacturers in order to offer retailers a wide range of products to sell. Drop shipping has many disadvantages. An aggregator can help you avoid these costs. It also makes it easier to send multiple orders to multiple vendors, which prevents delays and possible mix-ups. However, aggregators will take a larger cut, which could negatively impact your profit margins.
How do I integrate Shopify with Etsy?
There are many ways to connect Shopify and Etsy.
- Coding APIs
- Agents of third parties
- Native market integration
- Integrations with third-parties
Let’s have a look to find the one that suits you best.
Integrating Shopify and Etsy at its core is about connecting the two platforms. This can be done using their APIs at a basic level.
An application programming interface (API), is a computing interface that defines interactions between programs. Shopify and Etsy allow authorized developers to access their API keys. This allows them the ability to create solutions and apps. These developers can then monetize them on the marketplaces of each platform.
You are not likely to be looking for a guide on how you can code your own integration with the Etsy APIs or Shopify APIs. However, this is still an option.
There are many ways to make this happen, however.
Agents of third parties
Professional agencies and specialists can help you with your integration requirements, but at a cost.
Shopify has these partners listed in the ” Shopify experts” section. Here you will find everything, from Etsy-Shopify integrations to branding consulting, store setup, and even branding consultation.
You can also find specialists for hire in Etsy’s search. Experts from both platforms are also advertising their services on freelancing sites like Upwork and Fiverr.
This solution is worth considering for shops with many listings. However, it can also be a good option for those who are looking for a hands-off approach from a trusted specialist. Prices for a complete migration from Etsy and Shopify start at $500 to $4000.
Shopify and Etsy offer a cheaper alternative that allows users to integrate with apps through their marketplaces.
Native market integration
Native marketplace integrations are apps and features that are available directly within the official Shopify or Etsy app marketplaces.
You will find here two types of integrations:
- Apps that let you manage Etsy and Shopify simultaneously
- Integrations that allow you to migrate between platforms
Shopify and Etsy simultaneously
There are several apps that will help you manage Shopify and Etsy if you feel that it makes sense for your business.
- Etsy and ShareASale Integration: This Shopify app lets you list, manage, and sync Etsy products and orders in Shopify. The cost is $29.99 per month, but it solves specific problems many business owners have on a regular basis.
- Sync and Sell by ShopFunnel.io is another way to sync inventory, products and orders in Shopify and Etsy. The Shopify app is an affordable option with a free version as well as a $9.99/month Standard Plan.
- Etsy Marketplace Integration by CedCommerce is a popular option for Shopify users. It has received over 450 reviews and an average rating of 4.7 stars from 5. The integration comes with a 7-day free trial and an $39, $59, and $69/month plan.
These are the top choices in the Shopify app marketplace for synchronizing with Etsy shops.
Bonus: Dropshipping on Etsy
Many people dropship Etsy items on Shopify prefer to manage Shopify and Etsy shops with native integrations.
Dropshipping is a way to act as an intermediary between buyers and manufacturers, selling products with minimal inventory management and low investment.
Integrating Etsy and Shopify is a great way for dropshippers to have the best of both.
Note: Etsy is an online marketplace for unique products, so dropshipping might not be the best option. However, it is possible.
After we have covered the management of both platforms it is time to discuss the topic of migrating to the other platform.
How do I migrate Shopify to Etsy or Etsy from Shopify to Shopify? And how can you keep your products and listings the same as when they were first set up?
Migration from one platform to another
It is easy to migrate from Etsy to Shopify with Shopify. Follow the instructions on their Help Centre.
Although the migration process has been clearly broken down it will still require you to manipulate CSV files, and follow a series of technical steps.
You can also use Shopify’s app marketplace from Etsy and Shopify to get a more technical approach:
- Easy import This app makes it easy to move from Etsy and Shopify. It allows you to import the data that you require, transfer the product listings, and assign products to specific collections in Shopify. Its pricing starts at $0.10 for an imported listing, with an average rating of 4.6 out of 48 reviews.
- Etsy Migration – Auto Import : This app focuses on simplicity and allows you to import Etsy products into Shopify in the same price range. Photos, descriptions, prices, and descriptions are automatically transferred from Etsy to Shopify. You can also merge products by SKU or name.
Shopify is the preferred platform for scaling up online stores, so business owners often migrate from Etsy and Shopify to their store.
The possibilities for migrating Shopify stores to Etsy are therefore a little more limited.
This problem can be solved by third-party integrations.
Integrations with third-parties
Native marketplace integrations can be valuable but they can also quickly add up in cost, especially if you run both platforms simultaneously.
Third-party integrations are now possible. Integromat, an automation tool that connects Shopify and Etsy allows you to decide what you want.
- Both stores carry Sync products
- Manage parallel inventories
- Auto-replicate listings can be transferred from one platform to another
Automation tools, contrary to native marketplace integrations allow for much creativity and are not restricted to one use case. Integromat offers a list of triggers, searches, and actions that are available for Shopify and Etsy. These can be combined to create the scenarios you want.
Each integration, native or third-party, has its pros and cons. It is up to you to decide which one to choose.
An integration on Shopify App Store may be the best option if you are looking for an easy way to do your job and don’t mind spending more. These apps can be costly, but they are focused on completing a single task. This has its benefits.
- They are focused on making sure the main task runs smoothly.
- Some apps boast large user communities
- You can switch to another app in the store if you don’t like the tool.
Integromat, on the other hand can offer more control over integration.
- You get a significantly lower price and a free plan
- You can create your own automations.
- This could be your start point for automation.
The priorities of your business and the goals you have in mind when using Shopify and Etsy simultaneously will determine which option you choose. You can do it! There are options available to help you make the most of both platforms.