Gooten is a drop-shipping service that allows you to print-on-demand. You can choose from a wide range of services, including product production, distribution, logistics, and more.
They are also known for their great customer service and native integrations, which allow you to easily connect to your eCommerce store.
Let’s now dive into the Gooten review to see what this print on-demand service has to offer.
Gooten is a global distribution, production and logistics company. It offers drop shipping services for online merchants that allow them to print-on-demand.
Gooten currently has over 4,000,000 items shipped. They boast a sub-2% error rate, an impressive 95% ship on time rate, and a staggering 2% shipping rate. Gooten is a trusted partner for your business.
Gooten is known for its ease-of-use. Gooten is the perfect POD company for you, whether you are looking to start a side business or expand your eCommerce store.
What they offer:
- Staying on top of the trends: Up-to-date benchmarking, trends reports.
- Their goal is your success: Gooten wants to see you succeed so they have all the operational processes in place.
- Without fail, order, manufacturing, fulfillment: They don’t stop their service at fulfillment.
- They value customer satisfaction and provide excellent, dedicated service. Gooten has dedicated customer service representatives and account managers who will make sure that your voice is heard. They value your opinion and want to hear it in the Partner Advisory Committee.
- The right product at the right price:Gooten can help you find the right product at the right price. They want you and your customers to be happy.
- Low error rates: Gooten handled nearly one million orders in 2019, with a production error rate of less than 2%.
- Hand-selected partners Although they serve over 70 locations around the world, more than 70% of their production comes from the United States. To ensure the best service possible, they hand-select their manufacturing partners.
- Efficiency With their proprietary order management and decision engine, Gooten can ensure efficient routing of orders to any manufacturing location closest to the customer. This, combined with their 95% shipping on-time rate, means that they can not only get your products to your customers quicker, but also reduce shipping costs.
Is it easy to use Gooten?
Absolutely! Gooten can be used from start to finish. In just a few steps, you can begin selling custom products.
- Register for a Gooten Account
- You can tick the products that you would like to sell, such as hoodies, phone cases, and t-shirts. ).
- You can also add your own designs.
- To sell, list the new products in your e-store.
Each Gooten product includes pixel dimensions that can be used to guide your artwork. Some products come with templates you can download to get the ball rolling.
While it is up to you to market and grow your business, Gooten makes it easy to source and list custom-made products.
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about Gooten pricing:
Is there an annual membership fee for Gooten?
You won’t be charged any membership fees and you won’t be surprised to learn that there are no hidden charges.
Where can I see Gooten’s prices for products?
Click through to the Product Catalog to view all of their products and prices.
What is the process of product pricing?
Gooten’s Product Catalog lists the base price as well as the cost to print your customized design. You can then market your custom product at whatever price you wish. You can set your margins, but don’t forget shipping costs. ).
How and when will Gooten bill me?
The order is processed when a customer places an online order and receives payment. Gooten then charges your debit/credit card, or PayPal account with the order cost (that is products plus shipping).
What shipping costs do I need to calculate for my products?
Gooten orders automatically use the standard shipping option unless you are using Advanced Shipping Rules. Gooten charges standard shipping costs regardless if you choose to charge extra shipping.
Pro Tip Gooten suggests using Advanced Shipping Rules for complete control over shipping costs.
Are there any product discounts?
Gooten products start at $7 Pro and Elite VIM partners (more details in a second) should speak to Gooten’s Partnerships manager if they are eligible for a discount on product purchases.
Gooten Review: The Sample Order
Gooten does not offer free fabric samples or swatches. We recommend the following before you decide on which products to sell or list them on your online store:
- Before you sell any custom-made products, make sure to get samples. This allows you to assess product quality and determine if it meets your expectations, if it is suitable for your brand and 3) suited for your products.
- High-quality images are a wise choice. It is always a good idea to use high-quality photos when creating your sample. This increases the chances that the images are up to standard before the product goes live.
Gooten does not provide samples free of charge. You will still need to pay for the sample. However, it is worth the cost to ensure quality control. You can also photograph the product with your hand for your website.
Gooten has a limited number of plugins, including Shopify, Etsy and WooCommerce. You can still create your own integrations with Gooten’s JSON-friendly API. If you are a programmer and enjoy coding, then you will be able connect Gotten to platforms such as Squarespace and BigCommerce.
Connecting Gooten with an Ecommerce Platform
Gooten allows you to concentrate on your business growth and makes it easy for you to connect your ecommerce store. Gooten will ensure that your ecommerce integration runs smoothly once it is.
- Quick: Gooten processes, produces and ships orders automatically without you having to do anything.
- Simple: You can connect as many stores and platforms to Gooten you like and manage them all from one location.
- AccurateGooten’s automated fulfillment is more accurate than people’s, which helps protect your brand from human error.
Gooten provides a well-documented, open API for tech-savvy users. This allows you to create your own integrations with any of Gooten’s integrated services like WooCommemrce and Shopify. You can also create your own custom integrations.
The Gooten API has so much to offer.
- Easy of Use:Gooten API is loved by developers because it is JSON-friendly and well-documented. It’s also imminently readable.
- Scalability You can process thousands of orders per day. This API has been tested to support large, complex e-commerce companies.
- SecurityGooten has been focusing on secure transactions since day one. Its API is a reflection.
The Merchant Dashboard
Gooten’s Merchant Dashboard offers many features that enable merchants to make the most of their online shops. The interface is intuitive and is a great choice for more experienced users.
You can find here
- You can manage multiple stores with one Gooten account
- Automated fulfillment with Sync products
- You can easily place sample orders, bulk orders and/or one-off orders via CSV, if necessary
- Multiple stores and sales channels can be reached at once by creating and publishing products
Gooten is committed to providing excellent customer service and will tailor their service to each partner’s requirements. You can reach their customer service team via live chat from Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 4 PM EST.
You can also email Gooten customer support if you prefer. They will aim to respond within 72 hours.
You can also browse Grooten’s knowledge base and blog online if you prefer to solve your own problems. These resources are extensive, so you can be sure to find what you need!
The Loyalty Programme
Gooten launched the VIM (Very Important Merchant) loyalty program in September 2020. It is the first of its kind in PoD industry loyalty programs. This program supports, educates and benefits merchants in their efforts to expand their online businesses.
There are four levels of status. They are based on how many business merchants transact Gooten. Each VIM status addresses customer support, business intelligence, operational transparency, and customer service.
The key benefits of Gooten’s VIM program are:
- Get personalized status reports and updates about delivery time and production.
- Assigned partners managers to support business growth.
- Gooten’s partners include Shirt Lab and Wevo as well as Hawke Media and Avalara.
- Gooten executives are available to answer your questions about shipping, marketing and operations. They also offer additional advice for merchants.
- Gooten’s new features available early access
- Gooten industry leaders and experts provide business intelligence insights.
- Customer support is improved with better communication channels.
Let’s take a look at Gooten’s offerings and compare them to each other.
Alternatives to Gooten
Let’s take a look at Gooten and see how it compares to its competitors.
Gooten vs Printful
Printful is free of any startup or monthly fees, just like Gooten. You’ll also need to register an account online with Printful in order to integrate your ecommerce store with them.
Printful is very similar to Gooten in terms of the way orders are processed and charged. Printful allows you to sell custom products through your online store. When a customer orders a Printful product through your ecommerce shop, it fulfills the order, and then ships it directly to him. Printful will then charge you for the shipping and base cost.
Printful offers a wide selection of products, with over 240 items available.
Printful and Gooten offer products starting at $7. However, Gooten is more affordable overall. Printful’s products, however, are slightly more expensive. Printful gives you a 9% discount on your previous month’s sales. Printful offers discounts up to 9% on your previous month’s sales volume. This means that you will be able to save more money on fulfillment. Bulk purchases can be discounted, which is 25 or more of the same product. You can mix colors, sizes and designs.
Both can be used by beginners and both have the same fulfillment times (printing or sending). Printful has a distinct advantage over Gooten in the mockups function. After you have linked your online shop to Printful, you will be able to start creating mockups using their mockup generator. You can create customized prints for your product using this easy-to use tool. Although Gooten offers a similar feature to Printful, it’s not one of its main strengths and isn’t as advanced as Printful.
Gooten vs Printify
Printify is similar to Gooten. It handles the fulfillment so you can focus on your marketing and sales. Printify, like Gooten, integrates with Etsy and WooCommerce stores. The process of creating custom-made items is also simple.
Printify allows you to browse their over 300 products and create mockups that help you visualize the final product. You can also order samples to see how your final product will look.
Printify uses a 3-tiered pricing system:
- You can connect up to five stores per account, and create unlimited product designs.
- Premium at $29 per month You can integrate up to 10 stores into your account, and create unlimited product designs.
- Enterprise customers will need to contact Printify to get a custom quote. This allows you connect unlimited stores to your account and create unlimited product designs.
Printify offers merchant support 24/7 to assist you with any order-related issues.
Gooten vs Teespring
Teespring is a much more established company than its original name. It used to sell custom-made tee-shirts. It now sells a variety of other products, including custom coffee mugs and custom wall art. Teespring has a low startup cost and competitive pricing so you can make a decent profit margin.
Teespring’s backend and design process are simple. However, Teespring allows you to customize the front and back of your products only (no sleeves, for instance). You can order samples at a base price, just like the other sites.
Teespring provides integrations with platforms like YouTube, Twitch and Streamlabs.
Is dropshipping profitable?
This is a highly profitable and commercially viable option for those who are just starting out. It’s a low-cost model of business.
You need to choose a niche with potential market growth in order to make your store more attractive. To get Amazon Prime, you need more than an online store with no features. This is undoubtedly true.
Dropshipping is a profitable business that can sail through the waves in spite of all competition. You will start to see decent numbers if your business stands out from the rest.
- Minimum Capital Requirements This is one of the main reasons dropshipping is so popular with merchants. Dropshipping is a great way to start an online business. There’s no need for you to buy thousands of dollars of inventory. Simply take customers’ orders and tell your dropship company where to ship them.
- Easy and Quick Start-up Ecommerce businesses can be quite simple to start. However, you won’t need to keep any inventory or worry about shipping orders. Dropshipping reduces inventory storage costs, shipping and packaging hassles, tracking inventory for tax and accounting purposes, managing returns, and inventory levels.
- Very Low Overhead You can operate a dropshipping company from your home office because you don’t have inventory. Your monthly expenses for running your business could be as low as $100 per month. The only expense is your internet connection and initial purchase of your laptop.
- Location Independence You can dropship from any place you have an internet connection. You can manage your business as long as you are able to communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Product Selection You can offer more products to your customers because you don’t need to worry about inventory costs. Dropshippers can list the item for sale and you can post it on your website at no extra cost.
- Scaling – If you get twice as many orders, you will also have to do twice as much work. Dropshipping is a model that allows you to receive more orders without having to do more work. Instead, it will result in increased profits and less work. Dropshipping suppliers will be responsible for most of the extra work. This makes it easy to scale a dropshipping company, even if you compare it with other types of ecommerce businesses.
Dropshipping can sound like the perfect ecommerce solution. However, not all dropshipping options are ideal. We need to be aware of the drawbacks.
- Low Profit Margin – Dropshipping has one major disadvantage: it is very competitive and can result in very low profit margins. Many merchants will open an online shop to sell dropshipped products at low prices to jumpstart their business. They can work with very small profit margins due to the fact that they only have minimal capital and operating costs.
- Although these merchants may have poor websites or non-existent customer support, this doesn’t stop them from selling their products. It is easy for profit margins to drop to zero when merchants start competing on price. Dropshipping is a great way to avoid this.
- Inventory Management It might not be easy to manage inventory when stocking your own products. However, you will know what your stock levels at the end. Dropshipping is a different story. You might source from many vendors and warehouses around the world, so inventory changes on a daily basis. Although there are many ways to synch inventory with your vendors, not all vendors support them. This can cause problems when you cannot deliver the products ordered.
- Shipping issues – Having multiple vendors dropship your products can add complexity to your shipping picture, which can increase shipping costs. Sometimes you will need to ship multiple items from different warehouses in order to fulfill a single order. The shipping costs to all warehouses will be your responsibility. However, you cannot pass on all costs to the customer as they may think you are grossly overcharging shipping.
- Supplier Mistakes Are you willing to take responsibility for errors made by others? Dropshipping is a business that you will need to start. Dropshippers make mistakes. You must take full responsibility for them, apologize to customers and offer compensation. If you deal with a low-quality dropshipping company, you may quickly get frustrated by missing items, poorly packed shipments, and poor customer service. This could lead to a loss of business reputation.
Who should use gooten?
Gooten can be a great choice for anyone looking to make and sell custom-made, high quality products quickly. The company’s on-demand printing fulfillment service takes care of the logistics so you can focus on your marketing and sales.
Gooten also helps you stay on top of sales trends by sharing on-demand, on-topic reports. This allows you to see which topics are most popular and most likely to generate the most sales. You can also get guidance from them on how to promote, what strategies to use, which marketing channels to focus upon, and how you can overcome any challenges. They want you to succeed, because they make money when you make money.
Gooten’s blog is user-friendly and full of useful and inspiring posts. This knowledge will help you grow your business. Gooten prides itself in simplicity so if this is your first time trying the print-on-demand business model, Gooten might be a good choice. It does all the hard work. You just need to create your ecommerce store and custom design Gooten products. Then, you can start selling.
Gooten might be the right choice for you. It offers competitive prices and friendly, approachable customer service. There is no membership fee.
Are you thinking of other print on demand options? We’d love to know what you think in the comments below.
Table of Contents