Cloudflare is a global content delivery network (CDN) that helps protect your website from attacks, helps speed up page loading times, and improves the overall performance of your website. Adding Cloudflare to your Shopify store is a great way to improve the performance of your website and make it more secure. In this blog post, we will walk you through the simple steps needed to add Cloudflare to your Shopify store.
How Cloudflare Works with Shopify
Cloudflare is a leading global provider of online security, performance, and compliance services. Cloudflare offers Shopify merchants the ability to add Cloudflare’s CDN to their websites for enhanced page speed and security.
CloudFlare works with thousands of merchants around the world, allowing them to accelerate their website traffic and improve site performance. A CloudFlare CDN provides a host of benefits for Shopify merchants including increased conversion rates, reduced bounce rates, and increased trust from browsers.
How to Add Cloudflare to Your Shopify Store
Adding Cloudflare to your Shopify Store is simple and can boost your website’s performance by up to 300%. You just need to add a few lines of code and tell Cloudflare where to point your visitors.
1. Go to the “Settings” tab on your Shopify account and select “Cloudflare” from the list of options.
2. On the Cloudflare settings page, you’ll need to enter your Cloudflare account details. You’ll also need to provide Shopify with a domain name or hostname for your website (this will be used as the CNAME record).
3. Click “Create CNAME Record” and enter the following information:
4. Next, we’ll need to tell Shopify where our Cloudflare CDN should be hosted. Click on the “Add Zone” button and enter the following information:
5. Finally, we’ll need to configure our Cloudflare settings in order for it to work with Shopify. We’re going to enable Performance Optimization and set its cache duration to 3600 seconds (1 hour). We’re also going to enable Auto-Replace which will automatically replace any bad content that’s downloaded from our CDN instead of loading it from our site’s servers directly. Click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Adding Cloudflare CDN to your Shopify store can help improve the loading speed of your products and bring increased security and performance to your website. If you are unsure how to set up Cloudflare CDN on your store, or if you need assistance with any other aspects of running a Shopify store, our team is available 24/7 to help. Contact us today for more information!