For ecommerce entrepreneurs, adding more fields to your checkout page is a must. After all, customers need to be able to complete the purchase without any hassle. In this article, we will show you how to add fields to your checkout page in Shopify in just a few simple steps. From there, you will be able to collect all the necessary information from your customers and make the buying process as smooth as possible.
How to Add Fields to a Checkout Page in Shopify
Adding More Fields To A Checkout Page In Shopify
If you’re like most small business owners, you probably have a handful of checkboxes on your checkout page that customers can use to enter their information. But what if you want to give your customers more opportunities to input information? Or what if you want to add new fields to your checkout page without having to redesign it?
Adding New Fields To Your Checkout Page In Shopify
One way to add new fields to your checkout page is to use the Shopify Checkout Customizer. This tool lets you add custom fields to any part of your checkout process, including the form and the payment section. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Shopify account and open the Shopify Checkout Customizer.
2. Select the “Form” tab, and then click on the “Add Field” button next to the “Name” field.
3. Enter a name for your new field, and then select a type from the listbox below it. You can choose between text (for traditional form data), radio buttons (for choice inputs), dropdowns (for multiple choice inputs), or checkboxes (for single selection inputs). Next, enter a value for your field in the “Value” box.
How to Use Shopify’s Custom Fields API
If you run a shop on Shopify, you’ve probably noticed that checkout pages can get pretty long and cluttered. You might have also noticed that it can be difficult to add new fields to the checkout page without adding them manually one by one.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to add custom fields to your checkout page with Shopify’s Custom Fields API. Here’s how you can add a new field to your checkout page:
1) In your Shopify admin account, go to Settings > Pages.
2) On the Pages tab, click on the checkbox next to the checkout page you want to modify.
3) Under Theming Options, click on the Custom Fields button.
4) On the Custom Fields screen, select Add Field from the menu on the left side of the screen.
5) In the Add Field dialog box, type in a name for your new field and then click on the Add button.
6) On the Add Custom Field Success! Message screen, you will now see your new field listed under Theming Options. Click on OK to save your changes and return to your checkout page.
Adding more fields to your checkout page in Shopify can help increase the speed and efficiency of your checkout process. By adding fields like shipping address, payment information, and product information, you can streamline the checkout process for your customers and make transactions more smooth. If you’re looking to add additional fields to your checkout page, be sure to check out our guide on how to do just that!