Shopify is a powerful ecommerce platform that gives entrepreneurs the tools they need to build and grow their businesses online. One of the great things about Shopify is that it’s easy to use and you can get started quickly. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of adding a product type to your Shopify store.
How to add a product type in Shopify
If you’re new to Shopify, you might not know how to add a product type. This quick tutorial will show you how to do it in just a few steps.
1. Log in to your Shopify account and go to the “Products” section.
2. Click on the “Add product” button.
3. In the “Add product” page, scroll down to the “Product type” section.
4. Select the product type that you want to add from the drop-down menu.
5. Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
That’s all there is to it! Now you know how to add a product type in Shopify.
Why you need to add a product type
Adding a product type to your Shopify store is a great way to keep your products organized and make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. It’s also a good way to manage inventory and track sales. Here are a few reasons why you should add a product type to your Shopify store:
1. Organize your products: Adding a product type will help you keep your products organized and easy to find. Customers will be able to filter by product type, which will make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for.
2. Track inventory: If you have different types of products, you’ll be able to track inventory for each type separately. This can be helpful when you’re trying to figure out which products are selling well and which ones need to be reordered.
3. Manage sales: Product types can also be used to manage sales. For example, if you’re running a sale on one type of product, you can easily see how much inventory you have left and how many orders you need to fulfill.
4. Create reports: You can use Shopify’s built-in reporting tools to track sales and inventory for each product type. This information can be useful for analyzing your sales and making sure you’re managing your inventory correctly.
What are the benefits of adding a product type?
Adding a product type to Shopify can help you improve your eCommerce store’s performance and make it easier for customers to find the products they’re looking for. Here are the top five benefits of adding a product type to your shop:
1. Increased Productivity: Product types allow you to create custom pages and sections for each type of product, which can save you time and energy when managing your shop.
2. Better Search Results: When you add product types to your shop, Shopify will create separate pages for each type of product, making it easy for customers to find the products they’re looking for. This also helps improve your search engine ranking.
3. Increased Sales: Adding product types can help you better categorize and market your products, which can lead to increased sales.
4. Reduced Costs: Product types can help you reduce the costs associated with manufacturing and shipping different types of products.
5. Improved Customer Satisfaction: Adding product types can make it easier for customers to find the products they’re looking for and improve their overall shopping experience.
How to set up your product type
If you’re new to Shopify, you might not know how to set up your product type. Luckily, it’s easy to do! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to your Shopify admin and click on “Products“.
2. On the Products page, click on “Add product“.
3. Enter a name for your product and select a type from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on “Save product” and you’re done!
How to organize your products by type
If you have a lot of products in your shop, it can be helpful to organize them by type. This way, your customers can easily find the products they’re looking for, and you can keep track of your inventory more easily. To add product types to your Shopify store, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Products page in your Shopify admin.
2. Click on the product that you want to add a type to.
3. In the Type field, enter the name of the product type.
4. Click Save.
Now when you go to your shop’s frontend, you will see that the product has been organized by type. You can also use this feature to create collections of products by type. For more information on how to do this, check out Shopify’s documentation on product types and collections.
Adding product types to your Shopify store is a great way to organize your products and make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. In this article, we’ve gone over the steps you need to take in order to add product types to your Shopify store. By following these steps, you’ll be able to get your store up and running in no time.
Table of Contents