Domain name registration is one of the first steps you take when setting up your online store. But if you don’t have a domain name yet or you want to change it, you may be wondering how to connect your existing domain name to Shopify.
In this article, we will explain how to do just that and walk you through the process step by step. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the perfect domain name for your business. So whether you want to connect your old domain name or create a new one, read on to learn more!
How to Connect an Existing Domain Name to Shopify
If you already own a domain name that you’d like to use for your online store, you can easily connect it to Shopify by following these steps:
1. Log into your Shopify account.
2. Click on the “Domains” tab in the left-hand navigation panel.
3. In the “Domains” tab, click on the domain name that you want to connect your store to.
4. On the “Settings” page for the domain name, click on the “Shopify Connections” link in the left-hand sidebar.
5. On the “Shopify Connections” page, click on the blue “Connect Domain To Shopify” button next to the connection type that you want to use (e.g., Amazon AWS).
6. On the “Connection settings” page, enter your login credentials for your Shopify account and click on the blue “Connect” button.
If you are looking to connect your existing domain name with Shopify, there are a few things that you will need to do in order to make the transition as smooth as possible. By following these simple tips, you will be able to transfer over all of your information and settings without any issues. If you experience any difficulties along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help. We would be happy to walk you through the entire process and help make sure that everything goes smoothly.