Creating discounts on your Shopify store can be a great way to increase sales and draw in more customers. But what if you don’t have access to or want to use code? Don’t worry, you can still create discounts without any coding at all! In this article, we will show you how to create discount codes and apply them to your products. You will also learn how to set up a custom discount policy for your store, so that you can tailor the offers and deals offered to your audience.
What is Shopify Discount?
Shopify Discounts are a great way to get your store noticed and increase sales. They’re also a great way to attract new customers, since they can save money on products and services. Just like any other promotion, setting up shopify discounts takes some planning and coordination.
How to Create a Shopify Discount without Code?
1) Identify your target market
Before you can set up shopify discounts, you need to identify your target market. This will help you determine which products and services to offer at discounted prices. You can also use customer data analysis tools to find specific groups of customers who are more likely to buy discounted products.
2) Create a list of discounted products and services
Once you know your target market, it’s time to create a list of discounted products and services. This list should include items that are popular with your target market. You can also consider including seasonal specials or limited-time offers in your discount lineup.
3) Design promotional materials
Promotional materials are key when it comes to setting up shopify discounts. You’ll need flyers, social media posts, and even ads for the discounts to be effective. Make sure all of your promotional materials communicate the specifics of the discount—including the product or service name, the sale date, and how much money customers can save (if applicable).
How to Apply Shopify Discounts on Products and Categories?
If you are looking for a way to apply discounts on products and categories without using code, Shopify has you covered. You can use the built-in Discount option in your Shopify admin area to apply discounts to any product or category.
To begin, go to the Shopify admin area and select Products from the menu on the left side of the screen. In the Products section, select a product or category that you would like to apply a discount to.
On the right side of the screen, under Sales Data, you will see two options: Discounts and Taxable Stock. Select Discounts to display a list of available discounts.
To apply a discount, first select an applicable price point from the Available Price Points dropdown menu. Next, enter the percentage of discount that you would like applied to this product or category. The discounted price will appear in parentheses after your chosen price point.
To remove a discount from a product or category, select it from the list of options and click Remove Discount.
How to Remove a Shopify Discount from Products and Categories?
If you want to remove a Shopify discount from products and categories, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Shopify admin.
2. Go to Products -> Discounts.
3. On the left-hand side of the Discounts screen, select the product or category you want to remove the discount from.
4. On the right-hand side of the screen, under “Remove Discount”, click on “Edit”.
5. In the “Remove Discount” dialog box, scroll down until you find the discounted price for that product or category. Note this discounted price and also the original price – you’ll need them later on when you create your new discounts list.
6. Click on “Update”. This will replace the current discounted price with the original one, and it will also remove the discount from all products and categories in your Shopify store.
Pros and Cons of Shopify Discounts
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy way to create discounts on your Shopify store, or you want to dive into more sophisticated discount coding techniques, there are a few pros and cons to consider when implementing discounts in your store.
Pros of Shopify Discounts
1. Quick and Easy Creation: While discount coding can be complex, creating discounts in Shopify is typically very easy. Simply add a discount code field to your products or pages, and enter the relevant information (discount amount, expiration date, etc.).
2. Customizable Discounts: Not every customer will be interested in the same types of discounts, so it’s helpful to have the ability to customize each discount separately. This allows you to create unique deals for different groups of customers (e.g., current customers, new customers, VIP members), while still keeping everything organized within your Storefront dashboard.
3. Integrated Promotions: Many online retailers automatically offer discounted prices on select items during promotional periods (e.g., Black Friday week). In addition, many online retailers offer exclusive promo codes that can be used exclusively by their customers (e.g., 20% off code). By integrating discounted prices and exclusive promo codes into your Storefront promotions section, you can ensure that all of your customers are benefiting from the same promotions at the same time.
If you are looking to create a discount on your products without any coding, check out Shopify’s Discount Manager. This app will help you automatically add and manage discounts for your products in just a few clicks. You can even set up rules so that certain products always have discounts applied to them, making it easy to maintain control over how much your customers save.