If you have an inactive Shopify store, you may be wondering how to delete it. After all, there are plenty of cases when a store just doesn’t work out for whatever reason and it’s time to move on.
Fortunately, deleting an inactive Shopify store is easier than you think. In this article, we will walk you through the process step-by-step so that you can free up space in your business and focus on other tasks at hand. You’ll learn how to delete a Shopify store completely, as well as how to archive it while still keeping your data intact. So let’s get started!
What is an inactive Shopify store?
An inactive Shopify store is one that is no longer in operation. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as the owner closing up shop or moving to a different eCommerce platform. Inactive stores can also be created by accident, if a user fails to renew their Shopify subscription. Whatever the reason, an inactive store will have all its data and files removed from the Shopify servers after 30 days.
How to delete an inactive Shopify store?
If you have an inactive Shopify store that you no longer wish to use, you can delete it by following these steps:
1. Log into your Shopify account and go to the “Stores” tab.
2. Select the store that you want to delete from the list of stores.
3. Click on the “Settings” tab, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Delete Store” button.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the store by clicking on the “Delete Store” button again.
Once you have deleted your inactive Shopify store, you will no longer be able to access it or any of its data.
Why you should delete your inactive Shopify store?
If you’re not using your Shopify store, it’s taking up valuable space on the platform. Inactive stores also detract from the overall user experience on Shopify. By deleting your inactive store, you’re freeing up space for active merchants and helping to create a better experience for everyone using the platform.
It’s also important to note that inactive stores are a security risk. If your store is hacked, the hacker has access to all of your customers’ data. By deleting your inactive store, you’re removing this security risk.
How to prevent your Shopify store from becoming inactive?
If you’re not careful, it’s easy for your Shopify store to become inactive. Here are a few things you can do to prevent that from happening:
1. Keep your inventory up-to-date. One of the main reasons why stores become inactive is because they run out of stock. So, make sure to keep your inventory updated and restock regularly.
2. Promote your store regularly. If you’re not promoting your store, then no one will know it exists! Make sure to do some regular marketing and promotion to keep people interested in what you’re selling.
3. Stay active on social media. Social media is a great way to connect with potential customers and build interest in your store. If you’re not active on social media, you’re missing out on a big opportunity.
4. Respond to customer inquiries quickly. If you have customers who have questions or problems, make sure to respond quickly and help them out. The longer you take to respond, the more likely they are to give up and go somewhere else.
Deleting an inactive Shopify store is a simple process that can be done quickly and easily. You will want to ensure you have taken all of the steps necessary before deleting your store, such as transferring any remaining customer data or archiving important information.
Once you are sure that you have completed these tasks, however, it’s simply a matter of going through the steps outlined in this article to delete your store and move on with other projects.