The Printing Press was the first major breakthrough. With the advent of the Internet it has been a golden age for sales and marketing. Online stores offer a continuous environment for you to monitor, adjust, and improve your business so that your customers’ needs are met. Are you looking for a platform that allows you to sell your products online. Shopify has you covered. This article explains how Shopify Website Builder can help you create an Ecommerce store.
Shopify is a Cloud-Based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Shopping Cart solution that allows businesses to set up an Online Store with little to no hassle. Shopify makes selling goods online easy. Shopify hosts your Ecommerce Store for you. There is a learning curve if you are selling your first Shopify product. Let’s briefly discuss Shopify and the salient features before we jump into Shopify Website Builder.
What is Shopify?
Shopify allows you to create your own online store with the click of a mouse. It helps you customize your website to suit your needs and allows you to host your business. Shopify gives you an online platform for marketing your products and conducting secure transactions.
Are you worried about your website going down during peak hours? Or hackers gaining access to your network? Shopify has you covered. It provides reliable and secure web hosting, including Secure payment gateways. Shopify allows you to sell virtually anything, provided it is legal.
You can also analyze customer behavior and gain valuable insight into your business. You can get detailed information about your customers and sales with the Analytics and Reports functions. You can also integrate it with many third-party services that will help you grow your business.
Shopify offers a variety of pricing options and plans, making it an attractive option for both Start-Ups as well as Enterprises. Shopify offers Shopify Lite and Basic Shopify as well as Shopify and Advanced Shopify. These plans cost between $9 and $2000 per month. On the official website, you can take a look at the plan’s features.
Shopify’s Key Features
Shopify is an all in one Ecommerce solution that millions of people worldwide can use. These features are the reason Shopify is so popular:
- Security & Reliability: Your website will be hosted securely with Secure Payment Gateways (Secure Socket Layer), certificates to encrypt your data.
- App Integrations : This allows users to integrate with many third-party services in order to improve their Sales, Marketing and Workflow.
- Analytics & Reporting: The Shopify App Store allows you to access a variety of Marketing Tools including Email Marketing, Analytics and Reporting functions. It is possible to get a detailed look at the customer’s behavior, and optimize your Return on Investment ( ROI ) in the most efficient way.
- Shopify Templates – It includes visually stunning themes as well as templates. It is easy to customize your website with features like Product Filters, Live Search and Drop-Down menus.
- 24 Hour Customer Support:It offers exceptional customer support that is available 7 days a semaine, seven days a year. Shopify Customer Support can be reached via phone, email, and webchat. You can also use the Shopify Help Centre to access a variety of community forums and documentation.
What is Shopify Website Builder?
Shopify offers everything you need to create a website and sell online. Shopify’s Website Builder is a platform that allows you to build online stores. You can easily create a professional Ecommerce store without having to write a single line of code.
You don’t need to install it as it is Cloud-based. It’s free to try for 14 days. Shopify website Builder makes it easy and quick for customers to manage shipping requirements, payment settings, and inventory tracking.
The Design templates are easy to use and allow you to customize your website, add products, and take orders in real time without having to write any code. It is easy to integrate shipping with all major carriers and give your customers tracking information for their orders. Customers’ transaction details are protected with the same security level as banks. Shopify Website Builder is PCI Level 1 compliant. It’s easy to sign up and get your first sale the same day.
How to Create a Shopify Website
Now it’s time for you to create your Shopify website. This article will show you how to set up Shopify Website Builder. You can add your own products and customers will be able add them to their carts and then purchase them directly from your website. Below are the steps for Shopify Website Builder.
Step 1: Register on Shopify
Shopify requires an account to get started.
- Go to the Sign Up page and type in your email address.
- Enter the details by clicking on ” Free trial“. Enter the name and address of your store.
- After you have completed the details, click ” Enter My Store” to go to the Admin Page.
Your Account has been created successfully.
Step 2: Personalize your home page
Your website already has default content. Instead of using default content on your website, you can now add your custom content to the homepage.
- Click on ” Edit homepage” to do this. You can edit any section on your page by clicking here.
- Add custom text and images to your home page.
Shopify offers free themes to help you create a unique look and leave a lasting impression on your visitors.
- You can do this by visiting the Shop – Free Theme.
- There are many options available. Click on the button ” Add” to add a theme or design to your store.
- Click on the button ” Customize” to further customize the themes.
Step 3: Add products
Now that you have your website built, you can start to build it. You will need to upload your products to Shopify Store in order to allow your customers to buy them.
- Go to Products from the Admin Page.
- This will take you to the page that you need to enter the details of your product. This page contains all information about your products (Pricing and Quantity, etc.) that you wish to share with customers.
- To better describe the product, you can upload images.
- After you have completed adding details to the product click on ” Save“.
Now you have successfully added the product on your website. You can also add as many products to your Shopify website as you wish. To make it easier for customers to find your products, you can add multiple tags to products in the ” Organisation” section.
Step 4: Select a Shopify plan
First, choose a plan to allow customers to buy products on your website.
- Go to Homepage – Choose a plan.
- You will now be able see the different Shopify plans, as described in the introduction. Take a look at all the features available and choose the plan that suits your needs.
- Enter your payment information and click ” Confirm“.
Your plan has been selected successfully. Shopify will charge your card for any continued use after 14 days.
Step 5: Establishing Payment Method
You need to create a payment method to enable customers to pay for your products. Shopify lets you enable multiple payment methods for your customers.
- Go to Settings Payments.
- You can activate ” Shopify Payments” for Credit Card payments. You can scroll down to find a list with 100+ third-party vendors if Shopify Payments is not available in your area.
- Enter your business details by clicking on any of the popular payment methods.
- After you have completed all details, click ” Authorize Access to This Account“.
Now, the payment setup is complete. You have successfully added a Payment Mode to your Shopify website. When someone purchases a product through your website, the money will be credited directly to the associated bank account with your Payment Method.
For non-credit card transactions, you can also add payment options such as PayPal and Amazon Payment, and ApplePay.
Step 6: Make Shopify website visible to customers
Your Store’s final step is to make it accessible to your customers.
- Go back to your dashboard and click ” Online Store“. Your website is now password protected by default. This means that customers cannot see it.
- Click on ” Disable Password” to make your site visible for visitors.
- Under the ” Password Protection” tab, uncheck the box marked ” Enable password“.
- Save your settings.
Your Shopify website/store is now online and available to customers. Anyone who visits your website will be able now to purchase your products.
Step 7: Register a custom domain name
Shopify assigns a default domain – www.your-store-name.myshopify.com to your store. You may need a customized URL to increase brand recall among your customers. This is possible by registering a ” .com” domain.
- To do so, go to Online Store – Domains – Buy new domain.
- Click on the ” Buy” button to enter your domain name.
You can also connect third-party domain names to your store.
- To do so, click on “Connect existing domain“.
- In the box provided, enter your domain name and click on ” Next“.
- To successfully connect your domain to the store, click on ” Connect automatically“.
- Click on ” Modify primary domain to add this domain to your site. Then, select the domain you have purchased.
- You can save your changes.
Now your Shopify website is live. You can now sell your products using the new domain. This is how Shopify Website Builder can be used to sell your products.
Shopify is the best-rated Ecommerce platform in the world. It’s easy to set up your website with Shopify. Now that you have the Products Page and Home Page, your customers will be able to purchase any product from your website.
This article introduced Shopify and its key features. A detailed guide was provided to help you build your website using Shopify Website Builder. Shopify makes it easy to create an online store. It can be difficult to track and analyze customer information, especially when you have a large customer base. Hevo simplifies and saves you time.