Dropshipping is a great way to start an eCommerce business. You simply need to create an online shop, import the products, and then start selling. To make your online store stand out from the rest, it is important to differentiate yourself from the competition. It is important to stay on top of dropshipping trends.
It is crucial to understand the current industry trends and which products are in fashion. We’ll share the most recent dropshipping trends through 2021 to help you get ahead.
The Post Pandemic Rise of eCommerce
2020 was a year marked by global change. This is no exaggeration. This year was marked by complete disruption in retail shopping.
Consumers had no choice but to use eCommerce to obtain the items they require for their daily lives, including quarantines, panic buying and quarantines.
We’re not talking about Chinese food and pizza. People were suddenly ordering everything online, including groceries, vitamins, and baby and household products, such as toilet paper, which is a rare commodity.
It is obvious that buying habits have changed. Estimates are that eCommerce sales will reach $839.02 billion by the end of 2020 with an incredible 40.3% growth from 2019. This is the highest U.S. eCommerce sales growth rate in at least 20 years!
Although these shopping habits may be slower when people return to their regular routines, they will not stop. People are more comfortable shopping online and have become used to home delivery. They will continue to use their smartphones and laptops to order the products they need.
Creative Brand Storytelling
Consumers are now looking for brands that offer more than great products. They also want great stories.
Brands that use inventive storytelling in their messaging will be more successful at connecting with customers. This feeling of connection is what makes shoppers buyers and buyers fans.
It’s more than letting people “get to know” you. Sharing your brand’s values and product solutions goes beyond allowing them to get to know you. It’s about satisfying the needs of the consumer, which eventually leads to increased sales.
Your customers should get to know you, and how they view your products. Your marketing copy should be creative and reflect your brand’s personality. Engage and build long-term relationships.
Here are some storytelling tips to help you get started.
- You can choose a niche to build your brand around and start a dropshipping business.
- Find out the stories behind the brands and products you sell, and share those stories with your customers.
- Market your dropshipping store across different social channels; such as Facebook ads, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube or Pinterest.
- Make custom videos to tell your story. Let viewers see your unique personality. Be creative! Try doing product tutorials, cooking demos, unboxing videos, etc.
- Tell buyers what your values are. Consumers are more concerned about causes and labels than ever. organic, fair-trade, vegan, cruelty-free, employee-owned, Made in USA, etc.). Please share this information with them.
Granular Customer Data
Customer data is the key to eCommerce success. If you’re a seasoned online entrepreneur, you’re likely already tracking your website’s vital core metrics. If you are not …., get started! Start doing it right away!
As we enter 2021, many platforms will offer more than basic data. They allow business owners to see their customer metrics and provide detailed information. This new level of data is a boon for eCommerce entrepreneurs.
Make sure you take the time to find out what customer data your dropshipping tools offer. You can then drill down to segment your customers using these analytics, which will help you understand their behavior better and achieve better results.
Here are some ideas for using your customer data in new ways
- Segmenting your audience in meaningful ways will help you grow your business (e.g. Segment your audience by location, age, total spending, shopping category, interests, and so forth.
- Find out which content is most effective in driving sales.
- Find out which channels refer the most customers directly to your online store.
- Learn about seasonal trends in buying.
- To understand customer needs, analyze customer feedback. This includes social comments, return/refund request, customer service questions, and so on.
The number of green consumers is steadily increasing, with 65% of buyers wanting to make purchases from brands that aim for sustainability according to the Harvard Business Review.
Global warming has made it mainstream for brands and products to focus on sustainable practices that protect the environment. This is something you should keep in mind as you create your brand story and choose the products for your online store.
Products that are organically certified and environmentally-friendly should be carried. GreenDropShip offers over 20,000 natural and organic brand name products for dropshipping. Your customer will find it easy to shop your values.
There are many ways to attract eco-conscious buyers.
- Your brand should be aligned with environmental organizations, charities, and influencers.
- In your product descriptions and sales copy, include any relevant green certifications such as:
- USDA Organic
- Certified Humane and Cruelty Free
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Fair-Trade Certified
- Green Seal
More Home Eating
Since the pandemic began, many families have been cooking more and eating at home. As weeks turned into months, many people realized that home cooking was a growing trend.
Consumers are also looking for healthy, quick and affordable family meals. You can make these things quickly and without much effort. They can also be delivered right at your door.
- Your online store can carry healthy frozen meals and pre-packaged snacks. GreenDropShip offers a great selection of these items that can easily be dropshipped direct to your final customer.
- Help customers plan their meals. In your marketing and web copy, include recipes, cooking tips, or snack ideas that feature products you sell.
Food and beverages to boost immunity
Covid taught us something: a strong immune system is important. Consumers now recognize the importance of daily immune support to ensure long-term health and prevent illness.
Food as medicine is a rising trend that has exploded in the past year. Nutrition Business Journal is tracking immunity supplements to grow at an eye-popping 51.2% over 2019 sales. With a projected growth rate of nearly 200% for 2020, Elderberry is the clear winner.
Multivitamin sales are up by 112%, but that’s not all immunity supplements are being purchased. Products that support other wellness functions, such as digestion/gut health, stress reduction and better sleep, can also show growth.
In the next year, any product that supports immunity and everyday health is likely to be popular.
- Dropship online and offer vitamins, supplements, or homeopathic remedies.
- Share studies that show the health benefits of these products to your customers. Research has supported immunity benefits of nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc.
The trend of plant-based eating continues to grow. Just look at these stats. Coming into 2020, the plant-based product market share had grown by 11.4% to reach $5 billion.
Flexitarians, who eat meatless meals on certain days, now make up more than a third of the adults in this country. Increasing concerns about animal welfare, health, and the environment have prompted a trend toward less meat.
As consumer demand increases, so does the supply of plant-based alternatives products and brands. Dropshippers need to be aware that some of the most innovative developments in the food industry have been in the plant-based sector.
- Get involved in food-based newsletters or online groups that target vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians. Keep up-to-date with the latest recipe and product trends.
- Target people who are interested in animal rights, veganism and sustainable living when marketing your online store.
- Dropship online and offer high-quality meat and dairy products.
Personalized Fitness Nutrition
In 2021, optimization will be a growing trend. Customers are not satisfied with a one-size-fits all solution. They want products and services that are tailored to their unique needs.
This trend is now spreading to fitness nutrition. Instead of grabbing random protein bars to go, health-conscious people will combine real food with supplements that are specifically designed to speed up recovery and power their workouts.
- You can help your customers by learning the health benefits of protein and green powders, vitamins and supplements, as well as spices and herbs.
- These details will help consumers make informed choices and choose the right products for them.
Low Sugar Diets
Low sugar diets have been proven to reduce or prevent diabetes, heart disease and brain disease, as well as improve mood, weight loss, inflammation and skin health.
It is no surprise that so many popular diets try to reduce or avoid sugar. This is an important component of the Mediterranean diet, Atkins, DASH and Paelo, Paelo GAPS, Sugar Busters, Keto, and Paelo diets.
No matter what diet a person is on, it’s clear that lowering blood sugar will have serious health benefits. Sugar reduction is a healthy trend that’s sure to be around for a while!
- Natural food products should not contain added sugars or sweeteners, particularly not high-fructose corn syrup.
- Find out which products are compatible with low-sugar and keto diets.
- Stock natural alternatives to processed sugar like erythritol and xylitol.
Products for Better Sleep
This is a trend that we wish wasn’t true but it is. These days, people are getting less sleep. Poor sleep can lead to many problems, including low energy, mood swings and lower immunity.
The popularity of natural products that help people get good sleep is on the rise. After a few years of slow growth melatonin, a natural sleep aid, has seen a sudden explosion!
Melatonin sales showed a 14% sales growth in 2019 and another 17% in 2020, according to Nutrition Business Journal data. Today, melatonin is the most popular ingredient in healthy sleep supplements. Hemp CBD comes next at 13%, and combination herbs and herbal teas at 11%.
- Use non-habit-forming sleep aids that are made with natural ingredients like melatonin and valerian root.
- Do not forget to bring sleep drinks such as Som Sleep Support and herbal teas that induce sleepiness, like lavender, chamomile, valerian, valerian, lemon balm, peppermint, and lavender.
GreenDropShip offers a variety of herbal sleep products, including tinctures, gummies and beverages. We have over 20,000 organic and natural products in a range of niches including food and drink, beauty and health, home care and household products.
Be sure to check out our full online catalog to see all the great natural products we offer. GreenDropShip will handle all your shipping and handling so you can spend more time driving traffic to your eCommerce site.