Squarespace was created in 2003 and is one of the most widely used website builders. Many real estate agents are asking whether Squarespace is better than WordPress. Research shows that WordPress is still the most popular website builder for real estate. It will continue to be so for a long time. Let’s discover why Squarespace is so beloved and whether Squarespace is suitable for real estate agents.
We’ll discuss the pros and cons of Squarespace and WordPress.
Squarespace for Real Estate Website
Squarespace is a great choice if you’re looking for an easy, clean, efficient, simple and SEO-friendly design to your real estate website. Squarespace is not an estate-specific website builder but it does offer many templates and designs. It is easy to find the one that suits your tastes and needs.
If you don’t have the technical skills required to develop and maintain a website using open-source platforms like WordPress, Squarespace is a good option. If you don’t mind spending a lot of money on professional developers and designers, Squarespace is a great option.
While I will be discussing all the pros and cons to building your real estate website using Squarespace let me briefly explain why it might be the best option for individual realtors and small businesses.
- Pre-designed templates for real estate specific purposes.
- Integrate Squarespace With Any CRM
- You can integrate IDX with Squarespace if you’re a US-based agent.
- It’s very affordable. Plans start at $12/month (annual plans). This includes website hosting.
Property-specific features by Squarespace
Squarespace isn’t a website builder that specializes in real estate, as I mentioned. However, it does offer tools and features that make it a great choice for agents and brokers.
These are just a few of the many features Squarespace offers:
Although it isn’t a real-estate-specific feature, this feature is at the top of the list as RealtyCrux is a huge advocate for SEO. The lead generation process will automatically start if your real estate website ranks higher on Google results.
The biggest problem for most real estate professionals is not understanding how SEO works. Squarespace will optimize your website for search engines to the greatest extent.
- Meta title and description tags can be added to website titles, post and page titles, and for site title.
- It is easy to create a sitemap, and submit it for indexing to Google
- When you publish content, the HTML markup is simple to add. It is easy to add H1, H2, and P tags.
- To keep an eye on different websites and SEO matrices, you can integrate Google tools like Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Structured data can be easily added to your content in order to make it more prominently featured in featured snippets and other search results features.
- To get rid of broken links or pages that aren’t useful, you can create 301 redirects.
- SSL is available for free. SSL has been a ranking factor now that it is an important security feature. SSL certificates load sites with HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP.
- Squarespace websites can be mobile-friendly. These days, mobile responsiveness is an important SEO ranking factor.
These are just a few of the SEO features Squarespace offers.
Squarespace is compatible with SEO, but you might still need professional assistance.
This is one of the most important Squarespace features. After signing up for a Squarespace plan, you will be able to access 100+ templates. You can customize your template in any way you like with the Business plan. You can remove the pre-populated content blocks, and start over.
This is a great feature for non-tech-savvy real-estate professionals, as building a Squarespace template is easy. You can easily drag and drop elements like contact forms and video carousels to create a visual representation of your real estate website.
Virtual assistants can be hired to help you if you’re busy following up on leads. Squarespace designers at RealtyCrux are available to assist you in designing your Squarespace site.
Squarespace Real Estate Lead Generation
What is the most important criteria when selecting a web designer? The answer is obvious. Real estate leads should be captured by the website builder. Squarespace is an excellent platform for lead generation.
Here’s how it works:
- Online real estate lead generation is a must-have element. Lead capture forms are a must-have. Squarespace doesn’t require you to sign up for any third-party services to display lead capture pages (as is the case with WordPress or other website builders). With just a few clicks, you can easily display beautiful lead capture forms on any page in your Squarespace real-estate website.
- Pop-ups and sticky announcement boards can be used to your advantage.
- Landing pages are designed for lead magnets such as free listing alerts, downloadable guides on real estate investing, and home valuation estimates. It can be time-consuming to design landing pages for your lead magnets (such as downloadable home buying or real estate investing guides, listing alerts, free home value estimation, etc.) Squarespace allows you to create beautiful landing pages in minutes.
- These lead capture forms and popups can be integrated with email marketing services such as Mailchimp.
- Although you don’t receive CRM with your subscription, you can integrate third-party CRMs such as Zapier into your Squarespace real estate site. Mailchimp, a free email marketing service that can generate up to 2000 leads per day for most real estate agents, is sufficient.
- Squarespace is well-known for its beautiful and sophisticated templates. You can search templates by categories so that you can find every template to suit your needs.
- It is easy to use.
- Hosting is included.
- There are a few plugins and themes.
- It is not free.
- It is not configurable, which makes it less flexible.
- Squarespace is not open-source.
- Hosting is not included in the price, but it is possible only on Squarespace servers
- Squarespace is not the right choice if you are looking to create a membership site.
- Squarespace does not offer multilingual website creation.
WordPress for Real Estate Website
- WordPress can be customized.
- There is also a free plan.
- There are many plugins available
- The largest collection of themes
- Advanced plans allow you to incorporate templates from third-party marketplaces like TemplateMonster or Themeforest.
- It’s completely free to download, but some plugins may require a business plan.
- It’s not as intuitive as Squarespace and requires some learning.
- Web hosting requires the installation of these items
Why You Need WordPress Real Estate Plugins
WordPress real estate plugins are needed for several reasons. WordPress offers an incredible content management system. However, once you have built your website, you will need to add niche-related functionality.
Knowing what real estate WordPress plugins are capable of doing will be a huge benefit to you.
The right plugins are key to creating a great WordPress real estate website. These are just a few reasons to include WordPress real estate plugins on your website:
- Without plugins, WordPress’ default features may not be sufficient.
- WordPress real estate plugins can be used to add functionality and customize features to your website
- Some may be free, but others are quite expensive.
- Each plugin was designed to serve a specific purpose
- The right plugins can make your site more user-friendly and memorable.
If you’re looking for plugins to help you create a real estate website, these are the plugins you should be using. Each plugin serves a specific purpose and can be used to enhance the functionality of your website.
These plugins include property management, listing and other real-estate-related plugins. Enjoy.
Best WordPress Real Estate Plugins
Real Estate Pro is a premium WordPress plugin for real estate. You can easily manage and list all your properties. Once the plugin has been installed, you can add listings, claim properties, sell them, manage client reviews and more.
Visitors to your website can also bid on properties that are already listed. Leave a note for the listing owners, contact property owners and subscribe to all property lists to receive updates.
This plugin is compatible with all themes and can be translated into many languages. It also supports tons of third-party services you may want to add to your website. This includes services such as Stripe, PayPal, or MailChimp.
The plugin also integrates well with Visual Composer which is a popular website builder. You can create an amazing real estate website with a lot of interactive options.
IMPress for IDX broker is another great WordPress real estate plugin. This plugin is a free, but powerful version that offers a wide range of functionality and features.
You can upgrade to the Pro version of the plugin whenever you need it.
Previously known as IMPress Listings this plugin houses all IMPress real-estate-related tools in one location, giving you full access to the entire library.
This plugin allows you to attach your IDX Broker-enabled IDX Broker account to the plugin. You have full access to your MLS datafeed, which you can import, design and display on your realty website.
This plugin offers so many tools that a real estate website can benefit from it that it is difficult to know where to begin.
You’ll be able manage leads and create social media posts, including updates about new listings, using a variety of maps and widgets and importing all your IDX data wherever you need it.
You can also access the Google My Business settings and an agent directory. You will find no better real estate plugin.
The WP VR plugin is included in this top 10 list of best real estate plugins. It is an essential tool for WP Realtors, and one of the most useful tools any agent has.
This plugin allows you to create virtual tours which clients and potential clients can view on any computer or mobile device.
Your site visitors will be able navigate 360° around your property/location, switch between scenes, access information, and zoom in to see a better view.
This tool has grown in popularity since the pandemic and is now a must-have among real estate professionals.
This plugin is so advanced that you only need to upload 360-degree panoramic photos. Upload them, and WPVR will take care of the rest.
You can use multiple scenes to create image hotspots and provide all the information your buyers need. You can do all of this in your own home.
Estatik Real Estate plugin is a great option. There are two versions: a premium and a free one. For most people, however, the free version is more than enough.
Professionals will find the Pro version to be well worth the admission.
No matter which version you choose, the plugin is compatible with multiple languages.
You can create unlimited fields with the free version, giving you ample space to decorate any apartment or home. You can also integrate social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
You can get support from developers for a whole year, create private fields that other agents cannot see, MLS import tools and PDF file generation.
Another thing to mention is that the interface looks great on mobile devices. This is particularly important for agents who will be working on their phones while meeting customers.
Squarespace is ideal for traditional websites that only require basic features. Real estate websites are unique in that they have many different features. Real estate websites require a variety of powerful features in order to provide the best possible customer experience. WordPress is still considered the best real-estate website builder for real estate firms. It provides real estate agents with features such as photo and listing portfolios and contact pages. Google Maps integration and social media integration are also available. This is the most important feature a real-estate website can have.