Do you want to offer your customers a discount on their purchase? A great way to do this is by adding a coupon code to your Shopify store. This can be done easily by following these steps:
Adding a Coupon Code from URL in Shopify
Adding a coupon code from URL in Shopify is a great way to promote your store and offer discounts to your customers. There are a few simple steps you need to follow to set this up.
First, you need to create a coupon code in your Shopify admin. To do this, go to Discounts > Manage Discounts and click the “Create Discount” button. Enter a name for your discount and choose a type of discount from the drop-down menu. For this example, we’ll choose “Percentage off”.
Next, enter the amount or percentage you want to take off the order total, and set any applicable conditions such as minimum order amount or customer location. Then click “Save”.
Now that you’ve created your coupon code, it’s time to add it to your URL. To do this, simply add ?discount=COUPONCODE to the end of your URL, replacing COUPONCODE with the actual code you created in Shopify. So, if your discount code was “10OFF”, your new URL would look like this:
When customers visit this URL, they’ll see that 10% has been taken off their order total at checkout. This is a great way to promote sales and discounts on your website!
How to Test the Coupon Code
1. Go to your shop’s URL and add “/admin” to the end. This will take you to your Shopify admin login page.
2. Enter your password and click “Log in.”
3. On the left-hand side of the Shopify admin, click “Discounts.”
4. Click “Create Discount.”
5. In the “Discount Code” field, enter a code for your coupon. For example, if you’re offering 10% off, you could use the code “TENOFF”.
6. In the “Percentage” field, enter the percentage discount that your coupon will offer. In this example, we’ll enter “10”.
7. Leave the “Free shipping” checkbox unchecked unless you want to offer free shipping as part of your coupon code promotion.
8. Under “Usage limits,” choose whether you want to limit the number of times that customers can use this coupon code or the number of orders that can be placed using this coupon code. For our example, we’ll leave both options set to “Unlimited.”
9. Click “Save.” Your new coupon code is now live and can be used by customers at checkout!
What to Do If the Coupon Code Isn’t Working
If you’re trying to use a coupon code from a URL and it’s not working, there are a few things you can do:
First, check to make sure that the URL you’re using is for the correct store. If you’re unsure, you can try visiting the store’s homepage to see if the coupon code is listed there.
If the URL looks correct, try copying and pasting the coupon code into the “Promo Code” box at checkout. Sometimes, codes from URLs can be entered incorrectly.
If you’re still having trouble, contact the customer service team for the store you’re trying to purchase from. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the problem and get your discount applied.
Adding a coupon code from URL in Shopify is easy and only takes a few steps. First, you need to create a new page in your Shopify store and add the coupon code to that page. Then, you need to add a link to that page on your shop’s homepage. Finally, you need to make sure that the coupon code is visible on the checkout page. By following these simple steps, you can easily add a coupon code from URL in Shopify and start offering discounts to your customers.