Take a moment to review your analytics if you have an online store. What country are your most customers from? While the majority of your customers are likely to be from the country where you do business, there may be some people who come from other countries. You have a good chance that they speak your language so they can navigate your site and purchase the item they like.
What about those who don’t speak your language in these countries? They won’t be able to understand your website. This is a problem, because they don’t understand your website.
Let’s take, for example, a US-based business. This online shop sells hiking gear for women. These high-end products are known for their durability and sweat wicking abilities. It is obvious that your products are being purchased by many Germans. It’s logical. Many Germans enjoy being outdoors and speak English well. However, a large number of Germans don’t speak English well. Imagine how many German customers you could reach if your content were displayed in their language.
There are a few options to solve this problem:
- You can create separate websites for each country.
- You can install a plugin or translation app that automatically or manually translates content.
This second option is obviously the best, as you would rather spend your time on your business and not have to maintain and deploy 2 separate websites. Weglot is a solution that allows for both manual and automated translations, without the need to have any technical knowledge. This means that you can quickly expand your business to international levels.
This Weglot review will cover the basics of the popular translator and tell you if it is the right one for you.
How Weglot Works, and the Features It Comes With
Weglot a program that simplifies translations
Through an app that syncs to your visual editor or website builder, you get the same accuracy as manual translations.
Weglot believes setting up multilingual websites should be simple. The app is compatible with almost all CMS technologies and can be installed easily. The entire system can be set up in less than five minutes.
Weglot offers a Shopify App and a WordPress plugin. These platforms don’t require any programming skills. To translate, you simply need to install the plugin or app and set the settings. You’re in good hands with each of these apps, as they have incredible ratings and reviews.
All of your translation options can be managed in one place with the all-in-one Weglot platform. You don’t need to switch between different tools. These features include:
- An easy and quick installation that takes less then five minutes. You don’t need to worry about complicated coding. In no time, your language switcher will be ready to go.
- Automatic content detection – If you don’t require human translation, you can use Weglot to automatically detect and translate all content on your site.
- Team collaboration tools – To ensure that your team runs smoothly on the backend, you can invite other professionals to work with Weglot.
- Choose from more than 100 languages. Before any translated content goes live on Shopify, WordPress or WooCommerce, you can review it and make edits.
- Great front-end experience. Choose from automatic or human translation to give your customers the best possible experience. The best machine learning tools available on the internet, such as Google and Microsoft, provide automatic translation.
- Incontext editor: The Weglot in-context editors can be used to translate content keeping context in mind. Visual editor allows you to see the final design of your website.
- Access to professionals – The translation services offered by Weglot are not all automated. The Weglot support team can also be accessed for assistance.
- Visitor automatic URL redirection. You can make the most of your WordPress translation plugin by allowing it to serve the pages you want to your audience in their preferred language.
- All customers can have localized experiences . You can tailor every step of the customer journey to suit your audience. This includes translating emails confirmations and landing pages.
Weglot has been optimized for SEO, in accordance with Google’s best practices guidelines for multilingual search engine optimization:
- Automatically creates a multilingual optimized architecture with sub-folders. Google states that you should have a separate URL for each page. Sub-folders allow you to have one URL per language.
- To help Google recognize other versions of the page, it automatically adds the href lang tag to the HTML code.
- Translate SEO tags
Weglot offers the opportunity to sign up for a complimentary plan. If you want to try the premium plans, they offer a free 10-day trial.
If you aren’t sure whether the Weglot plugin is right for you, the free version is a great way of trying it out. There are limitations, however, as with all free services. The professional translator tool can only translate one language. You only have 2000 words.
You can upgrade to a paid plan if you run out words. If you only need to translate landing pages or product pages, Welgot’s free version will work for you. You can try any of the premium plans for free and find out what you like.
Weglot pricing is simple. The number of languages you wish to translate and the amount of words in your project will determine how much you pay. You can, for example, start with the “Starter” package, which costs 99 euros per annum if you only want to translate one language onto your WordPress website. This package covers up to 10,000 words.
There are several packages available:
- Starter: 99 Euros per Year for 10,000 words and 1 Language Translation Option
- Business: From 190 Euros per Year for 3 languages and up to 50,000 words
- Pro: 490 Euros per year up to 200,000 words and 5 translated languages
- Advanced: 1,990 Euros per year for up 1,000,000 words and 10 translated languages
- Enterprise – Starting at 4,990 Euros for a custom amount of languages and words
Today, the enterprise package is Weglot’s most expensive. In the past, there was a package called “Corporate”, but it has been discontinued in recent years.
A significant change in the Weglot app is that fees are now charged on a yearly basis instead of being recurring monthly expenses.
Weglot is a great pricing tool that allows you to calculate how many words are needed for your multilingual website. Weglot.com has a word count estimator. You will be notified if your WordPress site contains more words than your limit.
Weglot’s simplicity and ease-of-use are not the only benefits. You don’t have to pay the full price of the next plan when upgrading. You only pay the difference between the old and new plan because you have already paid for it. This means upgrading may not be as costly as you think.
Review of the Customer Support at Weglot
Weglot customer service used to be different depending on which account subscription you purchased. You can now search the knowledge base or access the help center whenever it suits you. If you wish to receive full team support, however, you will still need a higher-tier package.
Weglot provides translation support, including access to all human and machine translations. You don’t need any CSS or coding experience. It’s important to be aware of the support available for you, just in case.
All versions of Weglot (Pro, Business, and Starter) offer email support. The Enterprise package includes primary email support. This will allow you to get faster answers.
Good news: The primary support options should solve most of your problems.
Support is provided via an email form and knowledge base. You can send an email but the response time will depend on the plan you choose.
The knowledge base has many topics that can be used to help with things such as WordPress pricing, translation management, Shopify and WordPress. You can also use the search bar to enter keywords.
Overall, Weglot’s customer service is solid. It’s also supported by social media pages, and a blog with lots of content.
Are You Considering Weglot for Your eCommerce Translation Tool?
Weglot doesn’t just apply to online shops. Weglot works well with all kinds of websites, even those that are not focused on local markets. Some local shops might find their customers speak a variety of languages. It’s possible to lose your margins in Spanish-speaking areas near your business.
This is an eCommerce website so we will mainly focus on that. What stores should you consider Weglot?
Even with simple Facebook and Google Ads, a small online startup will be able to attract leads from other countries. Online stores that are medium-sized or larger than others benefit most. All industries should consider catering for the whole world. Even charities that offer donation plugins can attract visitors from around the world.
If you have the Pro plan, you can use Weglot on multiple websites. You can use your plugin’s functionality on multiple websites. Check your account to ensure you don’t exceed your package allowance. Your account will allow you to view the number of people viewing your translated content.
You’re essentially wasting money if you don’t remember about the Weglot translator.
Weglot is worth a look to see if it can help you get more customers from distant lands. You have nothing to lose by signing up for the free plan.
Let us know what you think about this Weglot review, and the Weglot tool after you have tried it.