What is the cost per item?
- The cost per item represents how much you paid for the product/variant. You can use this example to show you how much it costs you to resell a product or variant.
If you are selling a phone case, the actual price of the phone cover + shipping cost $1 = $6 per item. You can make $4 profit by selling it for $10.
Formula= ([price – cost] / price) * 100)
The item’s price is $10
Manufacturing cost = $6
Total Margin = (( 10 – 6) / 10) X 100) = 40% of your Profit (Margin).
What is ZapERP?
ZapERP automatically stores your cost per item when you connect ZapERP with Your Shopify.
This field can be used to calculate the margin of product. We also separated Buy Price from Shopify, so that users can review their report and see the profit and loss.
Here is a sample report that includes ‘Buy Price’ and ‘Cost per Item’ columns:
If you want to know what it costs per item and how ZapERP stores cost per item on shopify, please click the “yes” button. We are grateful.
If you have any questions about the cost per item, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shopify Cost Per Item is a Shopify feature that allows you track the cost of the products you sell in Shopify. This article will show you how to sync your QuickBooks Commerce price list with Shopify Cost Per Item.
The Shopify cost per item field is completely optional and not required when creating products. If you choose to use it, your profit margin will automatically be calculated once you have filled in the product price.
Learn how Shopify calculates the cost per item
The cost per item is the price you pay for the product, or any variant. If you sell a product, you can enter the price you paid to the manufacturer , including shipping and taxes. If the product was created by you, you can add a value based on your labor costs and material costs.
The product details page will show the margin for each product with a price and cost. If your price is $50, and your cost is $30 then the margin is ([50-30] / 50) / 100) 40%.
How do I enable product price sync from QuickBooks Commerce? Shopify Cost per item
Shopify Cost per item from QuickBooks Commerce to Shopify
You can sync your price information from QuickBooks Commerce to Shopify Cost per Item if you have already entered it.
- As the account owner, log into QuickBooks Commerce.
- Go to My Apps > Shopify-> Price List
- Calculate the price of each item using QuickBooks Commerce.
- To enable the settings, click the Save Changes button
QuickBooks Commerce will immediately sync product prices to Shopify Cost per Item.
Shopify Cost per item to sync price item from QuickBooks Commerce
You can import cost per item data from Shopify to QuickBooks Commerce if you’re setting up Shopify Commerce connection for QuickBooks Commerce.
QuickBooks Commerce will perform a one-time cost per item import from Shopify. This will be done to the appropriate price field and initial cost price for every new product imported into QuickBooks Commerce. The price list will be synced to Shopify using this initial mapping.
Existing products with price list and initial cost price in QuickBooks Commerce before the integration installation won’t be affected by Cost per item import from Shopify to QuickBooks Commerce
Cost Per Item Shopify APP
Cost per Item
End-users can easily see product margins and costs per item
Simple to comprehend
Very easy to comprehend and manageable
You have many options for customizing your theme.
Cost Par Item App allows customers to see the price per item and the margin for their product.
- Backend Features(Application Admin).
- All products can be viewed on the Dashboard page. They are shown with images and brief details like SKU, title and created date. The frontend side displays the price and margin when customers choose the products.
- Customers can remove a product to display the cost or margin. To do this, uncheck the product box.
- Customers can update their choices if they wish to show cost or margin. They can also uncheck the checkbox that is not necessary.
- Contact Us
- Customers can complete the contact form to send the form to the app developer.
- Customers can contact the developer directly by email or skype.
- Click the button to enable or disable the application.
- Frontend Features
- On the frontend, customers can view the product cost and margin via the product page. The end-user can choose to display an error if the price of the product has not been set.
- App design can be customized to change app position, color and error message.
- You can use custom CSS to control the design of a designer.
Table of Contents