The promotion of goods and services online is now very popular among companies. This creates a huge demand for specialists who can competently solve the corresponding tasks. It is the work of the digital marketer that creates and implements the strategy for promoting goods and services in the online environment. Additionally, it is a great side job for students who may also benefit from using cheap coursework writing service online. What does the Digital marketer do? What is his functionality in the company?
What does the Digital marketer do?
He studies the market, competitors, and features of consumer behavior, i.e. Conduct analytics, builds a strategy, plans, manages projects, and controls key performance indicators, but does it with regards to online activities.
The main responsibilities in the profession of the Digital marketer are to apply marketing knowledge and the use of online technology to solve the tasks of business development. He is also responsible for the promotion of brands, the withdrawal of new goods and services to the market, attracting customers, and implementing the plan of their retention.
The set of advanced tools of promotion depends largely on the specifics of the company’s activity of the company itself. Digital marketers should professionally own the entire complex of tools and choose the most effective of them to solve business tasks.
Key professional competencies
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
The Internet was created as a source of a variety of information. This has determined the popularity of search resources that help to look for important information. It is crucial to draw up a list and maintain the necessary density of keywords. This process is unprecedented, but with a competent approach, the search algorithm will raise the Website rating in the issuance of results and will lead the interested users.
2. SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Marketing based on search queries allows you to use a paid approach to attract an interested audience. Unlike SEO, which only works when requesting, SEM can associate the marked human interest in Google with the future showing of contextual advertising products and its affiliate sites.
3. E-Mail Marketing
This direction of marketing efforts requires the application of tools for receiving contact information from its customers, its storage, and use for regular electronic mailings. Having received the experience, a desire to improve the quality and conversion indicators will appear, and then E-mail Marketing will be the first step to create an advertising message and promote products based on data.
4. SMM (Social Media Marketing)
Social networks are a point of attraction for a huge number of users, among which there is a target audience for any business. In addition, media platform data offer a wide selection of tools for interacting with people, like free content distribution and paid promotion.
5. Content Marketing
Content helps to popularize the brand through the history on media sites where the target audience is present. You can publish content in other people’s blogs, Internet media, or on your channel in the content aggregator.
6. Video marketing
As a form of content promotion, video recording is gaining great popularity and therefore often gets the status of a separate tool in the online promotion toolkit. A visual and convenient format makes the video a very effective way of promotion.
7. Targeted advertising
One of the advantages of the Internet that made it Such popular among companies is the markup of the audience for interests, geography, age, and more. Moreover, it is possible to experiment with different segments to explore more promising of them that ensure the conversion indicators are better than the average value.
8. Influencer Marketing
The level of influence of modern bloggers reaches values from several thousand to hundreds of millions. This was the basis for the appearance of the direction of recommendatory marketing using the agents of influence. Popular blogger, using the confidence of his audience, on a paid basis introduces his subscribers with a brand, gives practical advice, etc. Thus, many marketing challenges can be solved.
At the heart of the end-to-end analytics lies tracking the position of users on the route map to make a purchase decision, as well as on the customer’s life cycle. It can be said that this is part of Data-Driven Marketing, which leads companies to the use of abnormality, predictive marketing.
The online marketer needs to know and be able to use:
• marketing research tools and analysis of market conditions and competitive environment;
• Features of consumer behavior in general and online in particular;
• Methods for analyzing the market and marketing strategies;
• principles for planning the necessary activities for promotion to achieve the business goals delivered;
• methods and tools of project management and control over key performance indicators;
• online promotion tools, ranging from search engine optimization, creating content, target settings before applying analytics tools;
• Value and contribution of each online promotion tool to generate lead flow;
• Many different applications and services are needed.
It can be said that this is a basic set of real skills, which can be labeled as Hard Skills. In the modern world, this is not enough for successful work. Certain soft skills are also needed:
• ability to work in multitasking mode;
• Communication Skills;
• flexibility and the research approach to work;
• Management and negotiation skills;
• Fast learner.
Tasks, responsibilities, and functions of the Digital marketer
• Analysis of the presence of the company’s goods and services in the online environment, competitive environment, and existing demand. Search for sales growth points in digital media space;
• Creating a marketing strategy for online promotion of goods and services by the general business strategy;
• brand control in digital space;
• Providing sales using online channels, which includes apps to attract new customers and retention of existing;
• Development and management of digital products that provide interaction with consumers;
• Creating a Digital Business Model that uses an online environment as an additional channel for the implementation of the company’s full-fledged activity.
From the point of view of its functionality, the digital marketer can fulfill the role of a full-fledged marketing manager in the company, when all the company’s activities are shifted into digital space.
In a more traditional field of business, it can be an independently functional unit and work in close cooperation with other marketing professionals, such as brand managers.
What could be the pros and cons profession an online marketer?
Benefits are as follows:
• Combines the creative component with technical and analytical work;
• Many specializations within one profession. There is an opportunity to develop as a universal specialist or deepen skills in separate areas of online promotion;
• The ability to work both within the company and as a freelancer on several projects at the same time;
The disadvantages of the profession can be attributed to:
• Technologies are constantly changing and it is necessary to constantly monitor trends and learn new tools or solutions;
• Not every person can combine such a wide coverage of specializations within one profession.
The essence of the work on this specialization requires an understanding of consumer behavior, the use of the principles of brand management, the development, and application of effective strategies.