If you’re anything like us, you hate having to log out of your Shopify account every time you want to head back to the shop. It’s a hassle, and it wastes precious seconds that you could be using to make more money. Thankfully, there’s a solution: Clear Cart On Logout. This Shopify setting allows shoppers who have added items to their cart but haven’t yet checked out to clear their shopping cart automatically. This means they don’t have to click the “Checkout” button again—they can just leave the store! Clear Cart On Logout is an easy way to save your customers some time and keep them happy. Check it out now and see for yourself how it can benefit your business.
What is the Logout process in Shopify?
When you logout of your account on Shopify, the following happens:
1. The active checkout process is cancelled.
2. All orders that are in progress are cancelled.
3. All saved passwords are cleared.
4. All cookies are cleared.
5. The site is shut down and will restart in 30 minutes unless you activate Shopify Plus or have another subscription plan that includes shop downtime protection.
How to Clear Cart on Logout in Shopify
If you’re like most Shopify merchants, you likely use the “clear cart” function to remove items from your shopping cart before logging out of your account. But what happens if you forget to clear the cart before logging out?
In this guide, we’ll show you how to clear the entire shopping cart on logout in Shopify. This is a useful feature if you need to temporarily store some items in your cart for later purchase.
1. Click the “Shop” tab at the top of your screen and select “Logout.”
2. Scroll down to see the “Clear Cart” button and click it.
3. If there are any items in your cart, they will be cleared and your account will be logged out.
If you’re having problems clearing your cart on logout in Shopify, there’s a good chance that you’re using an old version of the Shopify checkout process. In order to use the latest and greatest checkout process, you need to upgrade to the latest version of Shopify. Once you upgrade, be sure to clear your cart on logout so that all of your purchases are correctly processed.