Facebook Messenger is a communication platform owned by Facebook. It allows users to send messages, photos, and videos with each other. It is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. If you are using Shopify as your ecommerce platform, it is important to set up Facebook Messenger on Shopify so that you can communicate with your customers. This guide will show you how to set up Facebook Messenger on Shopify.
Sign up for Facebook
If you’re not already using Facebook, sign up for an account now. Once you have an account, you can set up Facebook Messenger on Shopify by following these steps:
1. Open your Facebook account and click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. From the drop-down menu on the next page, select Settings.
3. On the next page, under Apps, select Messenger.
4. Click on Enable and then enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields. You’ll also need to provide a phone number for verification purposes. Click Save Changes when done.
5. Now open your Shopify account and go to Store > My Stores > Facebook Store. In the Edit Store Section, click on Add a Product. Enter your product title and description, select Facebook as your Platform, and fill out the rest of the form fields as desired. Click Save Changes when done to save your changes. You now have a Facebook store attached to your Shopify store!
Create an account
If you don’t have an account yet, create one on Facebook now. Once you have an account, go to www.facebook.com and sign in. Click on the “Pages” tab in the top left corner of your screen and select “Shopify Store“. In the “Profile” section, click on “Settings” next to your name. On the next page, click on “Messenger“. You will see a list of platforms we support – just select Facebook Messenger. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Create Account.” Once you have done that, click on “Next” and complete the form by filling out your details (including your password) and clicking on “Finish.” You’re ready to start using Messenger!
Set up Messenger
If you’re like most Shopify merchants, you’re probably already using Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. But what about staying in touch with your customers?
With Facebook Messenger, you can easily keep in touch with your customers through private messages. Here’s how to set it up on Shopify:
1. Log into your Shopify account and go to the Shopify Admin area.
2. Click on the “Shop” menu and then click on “Settings.”
3. Under “Store Settings,” click on “Facebook.”
4. On the Facebook settings page, scroll down and click on “Messenger.”
5. In the Messenger settings page, you’ll need to provide your Facebook login information. After you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to add customers to your Messenger list by clicking on the “Add a customer” button. You can also configure how messages are sent and received by clicking on the “Message settings” button.
When you first set up Facebook Messenger on your Shopify store, you’ll need to create a new app. Once you have created your app, go to the App Settings page and select Facebook as your messaging platform. You’ll then need to generate a token for Facebook Messenger. Copy the token and set it as your App Secret in the Facebook Messenger Settings page. You can also enable two-factor authentication for your account by adding a code from the Google Authenticator app. Finally, add the shopify_facebook_token environment variable to your Shopify site’s configuration file to ensure that Facebook messages are sent through Shopify instead of Facebook’s servers.
Once you have set up Messenger, you can start using it to communicate with customers. In order to send a message, simply click on the icon in the top left-hand corner of your Shopify site and enter the recipient’s name or email address into the text field. You can also include a link or image in your message, and recipients will be able to reply directly from their Facebook accounts.
Testing your settings
If you’re new to Facebook Messenger, or just want to check your settings, follow these steps:
1. Open Facebook.
2. In the top left corner of the screen, click on the three lines in a blue box (the three lines with a small arrow on top).
3. On the drop-down menu that appears, select Settings.
4. On the left side of the page, under “General,” click on “Messenger.”
5. On the right side of the page, under “Settings,” make sure that: – Your phone number is set up correctly – You’re connected to the Internet – Your account is configured to allow messages from Facebook – Your language and region are set to US – Your mobile data plan is enabled If everything looks good and you’re ready to start using Facebook Messenger, tap on the blue toggle button next to “Start using Facebook Messenger.” If you have any questions or problems setting up Facebook Messenger, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at 1-888-237-4444.
Adding an account to Facebook Messenger on Shopify is simple. From your Shopify admin, click on the “Settings” tab in the left-hand column, and then click on “Facebook.” On the “Facebook” page, click on the blue “Add Account” button next to the name of the account you want to add. Enter your Facebook login information and click on the “Submit” button. You’ll now be able to access all of your Facebook Messenger conversations in Shopify.
Sending and Receiving Messages
Facebook Messenger is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. You can send and receive messages, photos, and videos without ever having to leave your shopify site. Here are steps to set up Facebook Messenger on Shopify:
1. First, you need to create a Facebook account. If you don’t have one yet, you can sign up for free at www.facebook.com.
2. Once you have a Facebook account created, log in and click on the “Messenger” icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. On the next page, click on the “Create New Account” button and fill in the required information. Make sure that “Use Facebook for Login” is checked and then click on the “Create Account” button.
4. Next, you will need to generate a new key. Click on the “Keys & Access Tokens” link in the left navigation bar and select “Generate New Access Token” from the drop-down menu. Enter your Facebook login name and password (or use your email address and password) and click on the “Create Token”.
Requesting Photos and Videos
Setting up Facebook Messenger on Shopify can be a great way to keep in touch with customers and colleagues. Not only can you message them, but you can also send photos and videos as well! Here are the steps to follow:
1. Log in to your Shopify account.
2. Click on the Apps tab in the left-hand navigation bar.
3. Click on the Facebook Messenger app.
4. On the Settings page, scroll down and click on Request Photos and Videos.
5. In the Request Photos and Videos form, you will need to provide your customer’s email address as well as their phone number. You will also need to provide a date/time for when you would like Shopify to send you photos and a file size for each photo or video that you request.
6. Click on Request Photos and Videos to submit your request!
Facebook Messenger is a great way to stay connected with your customers. Not only can you send them messages, but you can also manage their orders and keep them updated on your latest products. Setting up Facebook Messenger on Shopify is easy, and this guide will show you how.