This article will provide some insight into the Kajabi-vs. Teachable debate. You should now be able to choose which platform (if any) is right for your business.
Online businesses can be extremely profitable, so it’s not surprising that they’re popping up everywhere. If done well, brands have the ability to reach a wider audience, launch their venture with minimal financial investment, and work from wherever they want.
These are just a few of the many reasons we have seen an increase in entrepreneurs offering online education.
This is the field you are considering entering. The main question is “How do I create and sell my online educational content?”
The solution is A SaaS which provides all the tools needed to create, market and sell digital products.
That sounds good to me. Great. Let’s get to the review!
Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter over a decade back. This platform provides everything people need to help them build an online business and allows them to share their knowledge with a wider community.
Kajabi is specifically designed for entrepreneurs who want to sell information products. However, you have access to tons selling, marketing and delivery features to make sure your business runs smoothly.
This software is ideal for anyone who is unable to manage an online business or doesn’t feel confident.
Site owners have the ability to share any type of content, such as audio files and video hosting. A variety of tested templates are also available. These templates are great for speeding up your website design and look professional.
Kajabi offers templates for a variety of web pages including video squeeze pages, sales pages and community areas.
Teachable, another platform that supports users in creating an online school, is also available. You can create engaging and stimulating content and share it with your students.
You can also create webinars and quizzes. You can share a video tutorial, or a written guide.
Teachable offers multi-platform access. This means that students can access your online course from any device, such as their smartphones, tablets or laptops. This makes your content more accessible for everyone!
We’ve given a general overview of Kajabi’s and Teachable’s personalities. Now let’s get into the details. We’ll begin by discussing the most notable perks of both Kajabi and Teachable.
Kajabi: The Pros
Kajabi is the first…
Support for the customer
We don’t have to remind you that money is not time. It’s important that you find a solution as soon as possible when an issue arises. Kajabi takes extra care in their customer service, something that isn’t possible for all of their competitors.
Kajabi, for example, offers a 24-hour customer service line. They won’t just hand you off to an automated system. Instead, they have real people answering the phones and will do their best to help you with any query. Users report that even if they don’t know what the answer is, they will do their best to find it.
It takes less than ten minutes to get an email reply or answer to a phone question. This is amazing – so if you are a busy entrepreneur with a million tasks to complete, you won’t have to wait for answers to your Kajabi questions.
Kajabi also offers video tutorials that show you how to get the most from their features. This is a great resource! Kajabi will be your guide and you won’t be left in the dark about how to make it work to its full potential.
Kajabi can only be described as “Cutting Edge”
Online sales is a crowded market. It’s no surprise that sales and marketing techniques are constantly evolving. The pressure to keep up is greater than ever.
Kajabi is responding to this need by constantly improving its platform and being more creative with the solutions it offers entrepreneurs and course creators. They aim to make it as simple as possible for you to manage your virtual ‘front of the house’ and behind-the scenes tasks. This will allow you to save time and increase your profit margins over the long-term. Their services and features are truly cutting-edge.
Access to a Network of Professionals
You want to surround your self with people who respect your passion, have a track record of past success, and are serious about their jobs.
Kajabi’s social media community is a great place to find that kind of advice if you are looking. Kajabi’s Facebook page offers more networking opportunities, tips and advice than some of its competitors.
Kajabi’s Facebook members are generally supportive and genuine. They know what it takes to work hard. They understand that to run a profitable business takes investment and time.
We are trying to point out, politely, that it is less common to meet deluded solopreneurs and ‘get rich quick’ seekers who dream of overnight success. Kajabi’s network consists mostly of professionals and experts from a range of fields.
Kajabi has high-profile clients
It is worth looking at the success of clients before you purchase any SaaS. Kajabi does a great job. Many successful business owners have adopted Kajabi’s solution, including Amy Porterfield, Bredon Burchard, and Billy Gene.
These individuals all use Kajabi for their content creation, site optimization, and publishing of their web pages. Brendon Burchard, one of the most respected performance coaches in the world, is a great example. Forbes magazine, The New York Times and SUCCESS magazine all endorse him and his course content.
His content has reached high peaks. Most notably, he holds the title of “New York Times Best Seller” – three times! He has the most followers, quotes, and watched content of any person in the personal development and growth niche. His success is unsurprising. This suggests that Burchard may be on to something.
It is easy to delegate work
It is not an option for everyone to have the luxury of building a website. Kajabi offers a network of virtual assistants (VA) at an affordable cost. This makes it so easy to delegate some of your work to trusted freelancers.
Kajabi’s VAs are real-life individuals who have been trained in website building and coding. You just need to give them the details and then let them handle the wheel.
Kajabi offers a thorough induction to their platform
The number of tasks required to start an online business can be overwhelming. Even if you are able to complete the tasks, it can be difficult to know where to begin. Kajabi offers induction packages to new clients. The ’28-day Challenge’ is a step by step guide that will outline the steps needed to create your website.
It doesn’t take more than 28 days, which is the best part! You can expect it to take up to ten days depending on how fast you are.
Teachable: The Pros
Ok, that’s enough about Kajabi’s perks. Now let’s turn our attention towards the main benefits Teachable offers…
Teachable offers a wide range of high-quality features that will appeal to entrepreneurs and course creators, including:
- All media types can be uploaded and published, including audio, video, and PDF files.
- All of your media can be imported from places such as OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Teachable gives you the opportunity to build your site entirely from scratch or integrate existing web pages/online classes with your current website.
- You have access to many professional-looking templates that you can customize with their drag and drop website building tool.
- You have access to your site’s source code. If you are proficient, you can modify the appearance and functionality of your site however you like!
- To increase your conversion rates, you can make your own landing pages or use templates that are specifically designed for this type of page.
- Your site can be connected to your web domain.
- Teachable supports many languages
- Quizzes can be included in your courses along with completion certificates. These features are great for evaluating student progress and awarding them with certificates.
- Your online school can have a discussion section. Students can chat, ask questions, and exchange information with one another. This is a great way to build community among your followers!
- It is simple to collect student feedback. Teachable is compatible with Google Forms so you can easily conduct surveys to find out how the course could be improved.
- It also includes an integrated affiliate management platform. Students will be able to refer their friends to your courses. You also have the tools to track your affiliates.
- Teachable accepts more than 130 currencies and all major credit cards.
- Teachable offers stats and insights for students to help you understand who your target audience are, where their traffic is coming from, and how you can best support them during their learning journey.
Teachable provides users with a comprehensive knowledge base, an informative blog that offers useful tips and advice, as well as other educational materials online. You can also contact Teachable’s customer support team via email or social media if you prefer. They aim to respond to all queries within 24 hours.
Teachable is highly recommended
Teachable is used by over 68’000 instructors around the globe to share their knowledge. Together, they have helped users generate more than $300 million in sales profit.
These stats are so compelling that Teachable is highly recommended.
Kajabi vs Teachable – The Main Drawbacks These Platforms Have
These two programs are in a bind. What areas could Teachable and Kajabi improve upon? These are some of the most obvious pitfalls that Teachable and Kajabi have made:
Kajabi and the Cons
The main problems with Kajabi are:
Kajabi encourages users to put all their eggs in one basket
Kajabi can be used to manage your entire online business. You’ll be able to manage your entire business with one solution. It can be scary to rely on one software for every aspect of your business.
Yaro Starak states that he hosts his websites on at least three servers to ensure that he is completely secure and comfortable. He also backs his sites up on several cloud-based storage providers. In the unlikely event that Kajabi is ever incapacitated, he has backups elsewhere.
We’ve already talked about the price of Kajabi, and we know that it is one of the most expensive options on the market. To add salt to the already-open wound, Kajabi may have hidden costs that you didn’t anticipate once you start using it. Kajabi’s plugins come with a high price tag, which can be problematic. This is a problem if you need multiple add-ons for a shopping cart or affiliate marketing module.
Users worry that their website will be branded as “another Kajabi product” due to the wide use of Kajabi’s templates. Others worry that their brand may be lost in the sea of similar websites.
Teachable The Cons
Teachable has the following main drawbacks:
Importing external materials
Teachable does not support Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline. Clients who require this accessory to manage their online school can find it a major turnoff. If you need content building tools such as these, you will either need to learn how to use similar software or find a different one. The latter option is more popular for many.
Teachable offers a limited number of options to create online games for your site and course. If you are concerned about this, Teachable may not be the right tool for you.
Students: Billing issues
Customers complain that students have had problems paying for their courses. This is a huge problem. This is a huge problem. Clients could be skeptical about your payment process. Or they might just get bored trying to access your product.
Kajabi vs Teachable – Sales and Marketing Tools
Kajabi and Teachable are the most different when it comes to marketing and sales. Teachable’s main focus is to provide the necessary tools and information you need in order to create your course or process customer payments. Kajabi, however, aims to provide a complete suite of sales and marketing tools in addition to the essentials.
These are some of the differences between platforms in terms of their marketing and sales functions.
Kajabi, Teachable allow you to set a course price. You have the option to set a price once only, a subscription plan or a monthly payment plan. Customers can be charged in multiple currencies.
Kajabi goes one step further with its course pricing options. You can bill your customers weekly, monthly or yearly with them. Or you can use any other timeframe that suits you. Teachable allows you to set up monthly or annual subscriptions.
Kajabi allows you to set up a free trial for between one and ninety days, and charges customized setup fees. Teachable does not offer these options at the time this article was written.
Look at Pages and Upsells
Students can use Teachable or Kajabi to make their purchases using a single-step checkout process. This means that customers can pay on one page and enter their personal information.
Kajabi’s proven templates make it easy to create high-converting checkout pages. You can customize your checkout with tons of features, including text, logos, customer testimonials and a money back guarantee badge.
You have complete control over all information you gather from students, including names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. You can use these details to launch different marketing campaigns through various communication channels.
Customers can add an order bump on their checkout page and offer them one-click upsells via your thank you page.
Kajabi has a strong abandoned cart feature. This feature automatically tracks prospects and sends follow-up messages to them if they click on your checkout page.
Teachable, however, doesn’t allow you to embed a promo video/image on your checkout page. It is also not possible to collect the shipping address or telephone number of your customers. You can’t add an order bump on your checkout page. However, one-click upsells can be enabled on your thank-you page.
Sales Pipeline and Landing Pages Builder
Kajabi’s most renowned sales and marketing feature is undoubtedly its sales pipeline builder. This allows you to create and publish marketing funnels that guide customers through the sales process, from start to finish.
Kajabi offers a variety of blueprints. You simply tell them what you would like your sales pipeline to look like. Kajabi then automatically creates a funnel that includes all the steps (including email campaigns) necessary to achieve your intended purpose.
The page builder allows you to further customize any pages Kajabi creates. You have the option to add or delete steps in your sales funnel. It’s very easy to use.
You can also create standalone pages. There are over 20 professionally-designed landing page templates to choose from. These templates can be customized to match your brand’s aesthetic. These opt-in forms can be used as pop-ups or embedded on one of your blogs/webpages (including WordPress).
Teachable is not able to create sales funnels, landing page, or opt-in pages. To complete these types of marketing tasks, you will need to use another platform such as ClickFunnels or Leadpages.
Kajabi allows you to send email broadcasts to customers and students, as well as many other features for email marketing automation.
- Each email subscriber can be assigned a tag and your email list can then be divided into sub-categories. This can be very useful in managing your subscribers and sending them relevant content.
- Automated email sequences can be created that follow the set schedule.
- You can use a variety of Kajabi automations to fully automate your email campaigns.
Teachable’s email marketing functions, however, are very basic. You can send broadcast emails but not create automated email campaigns. MailChimp, Convertkit or Activecampaign are all good options for advanced email marketing features.
What are the costs of these programs?
We know what you are thinking if you have done any research about Kajabi. You’re probably thinking something like “Kajabi doesn’t have the best price on the market.”
Kajabi is a great investment.
Kajabi currently charges between $119 and $319 per monthly, with the most sought-after package at $159 per month. These are the plans you will receive:
The Basic Plan
This will save you 20% compared to paying monthly . You’ll receive:
- Three products
- Three pipelines
- There are many landing pages you can make.
- It is possible to design unlimited numbers of marketing emails and send them.
- You can save up to 10,000 contacts.
- Register up to 1,000 active members
- One website can be launched.
- One administrator user can be registered
- Access to the Kajabi university
- Transaction fees of 0%
- Get access to Kajabi’s webinars & events
- Access to templates that are ready-to-use
- Student assessments (quizzes or surveys) can be set by you
- Chat support automations available
The Growth Plan
This will save you $159 per month (billed every year), which is still a 20% savings over paying monthly.
This bundle includes all the benefits of the Basic plan as well as:
- 15 different products
- 15 pipelines
- 25’000 contacts
- 10’000 members active
- Ten admin users
- Live chat support available 24/7
- Access to automations advanced
- Kajabi’s brand can be removed from your web pages or assets.
- Access to an affiliate program
This package is loved for its extensive list of features.
The Pro Plan
This bundle is Kajabi’s most expensive at $319 a month (billed annual). It is also the most comprehensive. This plan is 20% cheaper than the monthly plans.
The Basic and Growth plans include everything plus:
- 100 products
- 100 pipelines
- 2,000,000 marketing email
- 100,000 contacts
- Active members: 20,000
- Three websites
- You can register up to 25 administrators.
- Access to a code editor
Teachable offers a graded pricing option, just like Kajabi. They are cheaper than Kajabi, but you won’t get the same amount. So it’s all swings and turns. Teachable carefully manages its pricing to allow you to upgrade as your business grows. You don’t need to spend a lot of money and go all out on a subscription that you have no chance of seeing a return on.
Each Teachable package includes access to these core features, including their free plan:
- Upload unlimited video files
- There are many courses you can make.
- Unlimited Hosting
- Payment integration
- Tools for student management
- Lecture comments
- You can publish quizzes for students (only the basic ones).
- Free courses are available without any fees
- VAT (value-added taxes) for EU
These are the pricing plans for Teachable:
The Free Plan
This package is completely. All the core features are available, but only 10 students can use them. Email support is also provided. There is a $1 transaction fee and 10% for each course that you sell.
The Basic Plan
This is $29/month (billed annually). For this price, you get all core features plus:
- Unlimited students
- Transaction fees of 5%
- Instant payouts
- Two administrators-level users
- Support for products
- Training for course creators
- Support for custom domains
- Coupon codes can be created and managed online
- You can drip feed your course content
- Email marketing tools integrated
- Access to third-party Integrations
The Professional Plan
This plan is Teachable’s most popular and costs $99/month (billed annually). Access to all the benefits of the Basic package plus:
- There are no transaction fees
- Five administrators-level users
- Support for priority products
- Graded quizzes can be created
- Advanced reports can be generated
- Unbranded website
- Students can be awarded certificates of completion
- Compliance with the course
- Access to an integrated platform for affiliate marketing management
The Business Plan
This package offers the best Teachable has to provide and is $249/month (billed annually).
Everything you need in the Professional plan plus:
- 20 administrators-level users
- Manual student imports
- Bulk student enrollments
- User roles that are custom
- Advanced theme customization
- Calls for group coaching
What is the bottom line?
Which is more profitable for you, selling courses or not?
It’s not as easy as it seems. Each platform is highly recommended and serves different purposes.
Kajabi will be the best choice for you
- You want everything in one place. Although the interface is simple and clean, some may find it difficult to trust your entire business operations to this software.
- You want to create a product using a subscription-based model and then sell subscriptions. This type of selling is better suited to the themes provided by Kajabi. These themes make it easy to promote membership programs.
- You are concerned about your budget. Kajabi may be a good fit for you if you aren’t afraid to pay more. They offer a great suite of features. A cheaper platform might be more beneficial if your business is growing from scratch.
Teachable on the other hand is the best fit if:
- Already have a website and a list-building system. Teachable is the right platform for you if all that’s needed is a place to store your content and deliver your courses. When it comes to creating courses, they shine!
- You have a limited budget. Teachable is extremely affordable if you are budget-conscious. This is the perfect package for beginners. If you need more, you can always upgrade. Simple, right?
Each platform offers different advantages, so it’s up to you which one you choose. You might try the free trial and plan to get a feel for the software. This will give you an idea of the software that best suits your needs.
Which online courses platform would you choose? Will you choose to use one of the SaaS options like Udemy or Thinkific? We’d love to hear your opinion in the comments below about which online course platform is best!