Your choice of Web hosting provider for your Canadian audience can make or break your company. For example, if your target audience is based in a specific country, you’ll want your Web hosting service to be able to provide a quick and efficient experience for those users. And any Web hosting company will not suffice. For example, some hosting services in some countries are excellent in loading speeds, uptime, and ease of use, while others are not.
This occurs for a variety of reasons. For example, some hosting providers provide a free CDN that distributes your content to various geographic locations worldwide, allowing for fast loading times regardless of where your audience is located. However, others may not and will have to load your content from their web server’s location, which, if not close to where your audience is located, will slow down the load time of your website for them.
As a result, web users are impatient with slow-loading pages and slow response times. They will simply bounce to the next page of the SERPs if they wait longer than expected (search engine result pages). Your SEO and brand reputation will suffer as a result of this.
But, with so many hosts to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your company? All web hosting services claim to provide fast load times and 99 per cent uptime availability.
Do you just go with the most well-known providers, such as WP Engine and SiteGround? Or, despite their popularity, are there certain factors to consider before selecting the best Canadian Web hosting for your website?
This is where we can help. In this roundup of the best Web hosting in Canada, we’ll go over the factors to consider when selecting a host and web hosting plan for your website and do the legwork for you by listing the top 9 hosting providers in the country.
We’ll also go over the benefits and drawbacks of each service, as well as their pricing structure (which is critical if you’re on a budget) and key features.
So, let’s get started with the hosting possibilities available in Canada, shall we? But first, let’s go over the factors to consider when selecting a web host.
Regardless of their features, the factors ultimately assist you in deciding which host to choose.
Factors When Selecting the Best Web Hosting Service in Canada
Most web hosting services offer either a monthly traffic limit or unlimited traffic for each pricing package. This means that if your chosen website host can only handle 100,000 monthly visitors, if you get more than that, they may stop showing your site to visitors, charge you extra fees or your website may crash.
As a result, it’s critical to check a host’s traffic limit before signing up with them.
Some, like Nexcess, offer auto-scaling, which means that if your traffic spikes, they’ll automatically upgrade you to a higher plan at no cost. This provides you with enough time to adjust to the increase.
So, before you choose a host, think about your monthly traffic volume and whether the service can handle it, as well as any expected increases.
If you’re familiar with search engine optimization, you’re probably aware that Google favours web pages that load quickly to give users the best possible experience.
As a result, you must ensure that the best web hosting service in Canada you select has a fast load speed. The host’s speed is influenced by various factors, including server location, CDN, and advanced caching availability. This means that when choosing a host, you must look beyond the generic phrase “quick load times” and ensure that the host has features that help with load speed.
Aside from having all of the necessary features for page success, the best host for your website must be able to support you effectively. Customer service is critical to ensuring a smooth user experience while setting up and running your website.
If you’re having problems with your hosting, you’ll want a service that’s easy to contact and provides prompt, high-quality support. In addition, depending on the CMS (Content Management System) platform you use, you’ll want a host that offers platform-specific customer support.
If you’re having problems with a Magento website, for example, a host that only offers WordPress-specific support might not be the best option. The majority of the issues you’ll encounter are platform-specific. Is there a live chat option, an email address, or a phone number for support?
Depending on the purpose of your website, you’ll need a tiny amount of storage space or a lot of storage space for the things you’ll be uploading. However, regardless of your requirement, selecting a service that meets your needs is advisable.
If you need a lot of storage space, make sure the website hosting company you choose in Canada has it. Otherwise, you’ll run out of memory. However, if you only need a tiny amount of space, choose a beginning plan to avoid paying for needless server resources.
However, some web hosting services offer unlimited disc space so you may put this concern to rest.
SiteGround is a low-cost Canadian web host for small to medium traffic websites. Cloud hosting, WordPress hosting and shared hosting are among the services provided by the hosting company. In addition, users have access to a user-friendly interface that allows even novices to create a website with ease and a variety of additional website management tools.
Free daily backups, unmetered traffic, unlimited databases, easy GIT integration, many collaboration tools, free SSL, free CDN, fast servers, and quick load times are some of the main features of this hosting service in Canada.
When you sign up for any of SiteGround’s Web hosting packages, you’ll also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. This allows you to try out the service because you can get a full refund on any plan you choose if you cancel within the first 30 days.
SiteGround has a network uptime of 99.9% every year. Also, if there’s a network outage, give credit. In addition, for every one per cent of uptime that falls below 99.00 per cent, SiteGround will provide one month of free hosting. Users will also receive an account-wide notification of any emergency or scheduled maintenance, as well as downtime alerts.
SiteGround has one of the best customer service departments in the industry. The customer support team for the hosting service can be contacted via online live chat, email support ticket, or phone. Support tickets are typically responded to quickly, and customers are frequently connected to a representative within the first 20 minutes of submitting their request.
SiteGround has data centres in the United States, Australia, Germany, and Singapore, among other places. They also let you choose the data centre where your website will be hosted during the checkout process. Finally, it’s essential to remember that SiteGround can only support websites with 10,000 to 100,000 monthly visitors.
The following plans are available from SiteGround:
- StartUp: The StartUp plan costs $4.99 per month, with a monthly renewal fee of $14.99.
- GrowBig: The GrowBig plan is $7.99 per month with a $24.99 per month renewal fee.
- GoGeek: This plan costs $14.99 per month, with a monthly renewal fee of $39.99.
- Website copy that can be copied with just one click
- Website staging tools that are simple to use.
- SSD disc and PHP7 are available with OPcache.
- Automatic website backups.
- You can host many websites on one account.
- It’s also suitable for PHP-based applications and WordPress.
- SiteGround is unable to handle websites with high monthly traffic volumes.
- The basic plan does not include website transfer.
- A free domain is not included in the basic program.
For those looking for a low-cost option that can handle small and medium-sized traffic, SiteGround is the best option.
GreenGeeks is a green hosting option for small websites and blogs that cater to a Canadian audience. Dedicated servers, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, shared hosting, and WordPress hosting are all available through this best hosting service in Canada.
Built-in caching, enhanced security, 1-click WordPress installation, free CDN, free SSL certificate, unmetered transfer, free domain for 1 year, free nightly backup, unlimited disc space, 300 per cent green energy match, WordPress acceleration and optimization are some of the main features of this hosting provider.
GreenGeeks offers a complete money-back guarantee if you cancel your hosting subscription within the first 30 days of signing up.
This makes it an ideal choice for people who want to try out various web hosting options without committing to long-term contracts. The amount you paid for the hosting plan will be refunded, but this 30-day money-back guarantee does not apply to domain names or other optional services you purchased with the project.
GreenGeeks also includes a service level agreement that covers you in the event of a network outage or failure. Depending on the length of the downtime, you will be credited for every rest that occurs due to unscheduled maintenance or other issues. And the current plan you’re on.
For example, if you have a $9.95 monthly plan, GreenGeeks will credit you $0.08 for 1.5 hours of unscheduled or unexpected maintenance in a month. However, they promise 99.5 per cent uptime and will always notify you if there is any unplanned downtime or scheduled maintenance.
GreenGeeks has excellent customer service and offers a variety of ways to contact them, including live chat, phone support, and email ticket support. In most cases, you can expect a response to your support ticket within 30 to 40 minutes. The live chat option is significantly faster.
Canada, the Netherlands, and the United States are locations where the service has data centres.
The following plans are available from GreenGeeks:
- Lite Plan: The Lite plan starts at $2.49 per month and costs $10.95 per year to renew.
- Pro Plan: This plan starts at $4.95 per month and increases to $15.95 when restored.
- Premium Plan: This plan costs $8.95 per month with a renewal fee of $25.95.
- Provides environmentally friendly hosting with a green energy match of 300 per cent.
- SSD is used to store your site’s data and files.
- Automated WordPress and WordPress plugin updates are available.
- For the WordPress plugin, GreenGeeks provides LiteSpeed’s Cache.
- GreenGeeks makes every effort to keep your WordPress site safe.
- After the introductory rate, the renewal cost is relatively high.
- The Lite plan does not include on-demand backup.
This is Canada’s best web hosting service for people who want to use an environmentally friendly hosting option at a low introductory price.
WP Engine is the most popular service in the managed WordPress hosting world.
The provider governs your WordPress servers. As a result, you won’t have to worry about your website going down because they’ll keep an eye on it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. WP Engine is the best option if you want to run a WordPress site but don’t know how to manage your server.
They also have several data centres worldwide, including one in Canada. On all plans, WP Engine offers a generous 60-day money-back guarantee. In addition, all plans include the Genesis theme WordPress framework and 35+ StudioPress premium themes worth over $1000.
WP Engine also includes a global CDN with all plans at no additional cost and SSD-based servers. In addition, their live chat support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Because their plans can handle large numbers, this best web host in Canada is also one of the most effective choices for people who receive a lot of traffic every month.
The following pricing plans are available from WP Engine:
- Managed Hosting: This plan is divided into sub-plans, with the cheapest plan costing $25 per month. The most expensive goal is $241.67 per month.
- Managed Hosting Plus costs $28.33 per month for the basic plan. The most expensive goal is $258.33.
- ECommerce Hosting: The most basic plan is $30 per month, while the most expensive plan is $291.67.
- Custom hosting services are available with all plans, so if none of the packages listed meets your needs, you can contact us for a custom deal.
- Customer service is available around the clock.
- All plans come with a global CDN.
- It is capable of handling high traffic levels.
- It’s a WordPress hosting service that’s fully managed.
- For newcomers, WP Engine can be rather costly.
- This Canadian hosting provider is ideal for people that deal with a lot of traffic.
Web Hosting Canada offers services from one of Canada’s most well-known and long-standing hosting companies. This host is also a popular choice among WordPress users, as it provides a variety of optimized solutions designed to ensure a smooth WordPress experience.
Web Hosting Canada also offers a couple of SEO and email marketing plans that you can add to your hosting plan with a no-risk, no-obligation free trial.
A dedicated cPanel, limitless data space, built-in security, free website migration, and geolocation in Canada are among the main benefits of this service.
Web Hosting Canada also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing new customers to test the service with no risk. This means that if you cancel your hosting plan within the first 30 days, you are entitled to a full refund.
They provide phone support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Furthermore, their average response time for customer calls is 20 seconds. Every customer contact is usually responded to within 6 hours. Web Hosting Canada offers a generous 99 per cent uptime guarantee, ensuring that your website is always up and running. If your uptime falls below their security, you will be eligible for account credits. These credits are only offered in an emergency or unforeseen outage, not if your account activity causes the blackout. Every planned outage will also be communicated to you by Web Hosting Canada.
This hosting package in Canada uses servers in Vancouver and Montreal, and you may choose which data centre location your website will be hosted on during the signup process.
The following pricing options are available from Web Hosting Canada:
- The Starter plan is C$3.98 per month and C$8.99 per year.
- Pro: The Pro plan is C$3.92 per month and C$11.99 per year.
- Enterprise: This plan is C$11.89 per month and C$20.99 per year.
Every plan comes with a $100 Google ad credit and a free website transfer.
- WordPress installation is as simple as clicking a button in Web hosting Canada.
- Because the servers are in Canada, your Canadian audience will benefit from increased speed.
- There is no limit to the amount of disc space you can use.
- Cloudflare is a free service.
- Web Hosting Canada’s Starter plans do not offer an SSL certificate.
This package is suitable for website owners who want to host their website with Canadian servers for enhanced speed and efficiency.
Nexcess provides WordPress and Magento-optimized hosting. The service comes with many features, including image compression for faster loading, a built-in CDN, and advanced caching. In addition, there are no traffic limits, overage fines, or metered page views. Nexcess also provides free migrations.
Nexcess also offers support from specialists who can assist with your website’s support dependent on the platform you’re using, such as WordPress or Magento. These professionals are part of their support staff and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A 30-day money-back guarantee, WordPress core updates, visual regression testing, 1-click staging website, free SSL certificates, iThemes security pro, PHP 7 compatibility, Nexcess CDN, and daily backups are all included in the various plans.
Nexcess also has PCI-compliant data centres in three US locations, two UK locations, one Netherlands site, and one Australian location.
The following price plans are available from Nexcess:
- Spark: The Spark plan is $9.50 per month and is automatically renewed after 6 months for $19.
- Maker: The Maker plan is $39.50 per month and is automatically renewed after 6 months for $79 per month.
- Designer: This is Nexcess’ most popular plan, which costs $54.50 for the first six months and then $109 per month after that.
- Builder: The Builder plan is $74.50 per month for six months and then $149 per month after that.
- Producer: This package is $149.50 for 6 months and then $299 per month after that.
- Executive: The Executive plan is $274.50 per month for the first six months and then $549 per month after that.
- Enterprise: This Nexcess plan is $499.50 for the first six months, then $999 per month after that.
- Expert platform support is available from Nexcess.
- Nexcess comes with a slew of speed-boosting features.
- For those who already have a website, Nexcess offers free migrations.
- Nexcess does not provide a complimentary domain.
Nexcess is ideal for anyone looking for platform-specific hosting for their websites, such as WordPress or Magento.
VPS hosting shared hosting, WordPress hosting, and reseller hosting are available through this web hosting option for Canadian users. cPanel as a control panel, free website migration, integration support for GSuite and Office 365, free domain registration, unlimited SSD storage, unlimited email accounts, unmetered bandwidth, automated website backup, jetpack for WordPress, and many other features are available.
They also provide highly prompt and professional customer service for any technical issues you may have. Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email support tickets or live chat.
If you cancel your HostPapa hosting plan during the first 30 days, HostPapa will refund your entire payment. This allows you to join up for the service and try it out without risking any money if you decide it isn’t the ideal fit for your website.
In addition, this most exemplary hosting service in Canada guarantees 99.9% uptime. Your account would be eligible for credit compensation if your downtime falls below the guarantee for circumstances beyond your control and no planned maintenance or emergency is involved.
You’ll also be notified if there are any planned outages. Canada, the United States, Germany, Spain, France, India, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom are just a few countries where HostPapa maintains data centres. They allow you to select the location of your website’s data centre during the checkout process.
The following are the pricing details provided by HostPapa:
WordPress Hosting: The most popular plan (WP Business) costs $5.95 per month and $15.99 per month when renewed.
Shared Hosting: The most popular shared hosting plan (Business) costs $3.95 per month and $15.99 per month when renewed.
- HostPapa offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Included is a dependable and secure business email.
- With their basic shared hosting package, you get a free domain.
- Renewal prices are costly when compared to introductory prices.
- A free SSL certificate must be purchased separately.
This Canadian hosting service is ideal for a straightforward hosting option.
Hostinger is a low-cost, simple-to-use, and secure web hosting service. It allows you to access your virtual private server with a single click and set it up right away. Support for MySQL and PHP, unlimited bandwidth and storage, a global content distribution network, LiteSpeed, Cloudflare, high-speed SSD storage, and WordPress optimized hosting are some of the main characteristics of this hosting package.
Hostinger, like the other companies on this list, allows you to cancel your subscription for free within the first 30 days of signing up. In addition, you will be eligible for a full refund of all hosting services purchased from Hostinger during this period.
They also have a global workforce that provides customer service to users worldwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hostinger claims to provide a 99.99 per cent guarantee in terms of uptime, although this is not guaranteed. On the other hand, customers receive downtime notifications, which include messages informing you of an emergency or planned maintenance that may create downtime on your website.
The servers and data centres for your Canadian audience are located in the following countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Singapore, Lithuania, the Netherlands, and Indonesia. You can choose any server location from those countries after joining up.
Free Google Adwords credit, managed WordPress, daily backups, free CDN, SSH access, and GIT access are other things worth mentioning in their higher plans.
WordPress-specific hosting and single shared hosting are available from Hostinger. The following are the plans for a single shared hosting account:
- Single Shared Hosting: This plan costs $1.39 per month and $9.49 per month when renewed.
- Premium Shared Hosting: This plan costs $2.59 per month and $10.29 per month when restored.
- Business Shared Hosting: The business Shared Hosting plan is $3.99 per month with a $15.99 renewal fee.
- Included are free domain names and backups.
- There are numerous themes, add-ons, widgets, and layouts from which to choose.
- High-quality security and a free SSL certificate are included.
- It’s simple to manage your website’s functionality, content, and design.
- The cost of renewal increases dramatically.
Hostinger is ideal for those looking for a feature-rich shared hosting solution.
DreamHost is one of Canada’s best web hosting services, with a tonne of sophisticated features that increase website efficiency. The web host features a bespoke control panel that’s incredibly easy to use, even for newbies. However, for folks used to cPanel, you’ll have to get familiar with it.
The primary benefits of this service include a free domain for all plans, unlimited traffic, WordPress pre-installed, fast SSD storage, WordPress website builder, free automated WordPress migrations, free SSL certificate, and unlimited emails.
Beyond these, if you already run a WordPress website, you may transfer to DreamHost for free without bothering about downtime utilizing their free automatic migration plugin. You also won’t require technical knowledge to do this. Security (privacy protection) is also provided for free.
DreamHost features limitless disc space for your website, so you don’t have to bother about storage if your website goes viral. There’s also a full 1-click installer that makes the process for freshers to Web hosting a lot easier. The backups are done daily and automatedly.
This hosting server also guarantees 100 per cent uptime. With regards to customer support, DreamHost provides 24/7 support availability from in-house experts that provide personalized solutions via live chat or email support tickets.
Then there’s a complete knowledge library providing a tonne of FAQs and answers to frequent concerns.
DreamHost additionally provides a money-back guarantee available within your first 97 days of signing up for the service. This is pretty generous, and DreamHost is one of the only hosting providers that offer this functionality.
- Every plan at DreamHost comes with a free domain.
- After 97 days, you can get your money back.
- Thanks to a one-click installer, freshers will find it simple to get started.
- Live chat and email assistance are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There is a 100% uptime guarantee.
- The renewal pricing for DreamHost is a significant increase above the promotional rate.
DreamHost is great for users who wish to try out a hosting service in Canada for a long time before committing.
In this assessment of the finest Web hosting in Canada, Bluehost is one of the most popular choices. The company is an approved WordPress hosting provider that offers a variety of options for small businesses, individuals, blogs, and businesses.
They offer VPS hosting, shared hosting, and dedicated server hosting, among other services. SSD storage, 24/7 customer service, WordPress integration, bespoke themes, drag and drop capability, free SSL certificate, free CDN, and a free domain for a year are some of BlueHost’s core features.
Furthermore, Bluehost offers a generous 30-day money-back guarantee on all hosting plans, allowing you to try out the service risk-free. Their customer service is excellent, with various ways to contact customer service representatives. Support is available by live chat, telephone, and email tickets.
BlueHost additionally guarantees 99 per cent uptime and notifies users if there is an emergency or scheduled maintenance that could cause downtime. China, Lithuania, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and India are where BlueHost maintains data centres.
However, unlike most of the options in this roundup, you won’t be able to pick your data centre location after signing up because it will be assigned to you automatically.
The following price options are available from Bluehost:
- Basic: The Basic plan costs $2.95 per month and is renewed at $8.99 per month.
- This plan costs $5.45 per month and continues at the $11.99 per month regular price.
- Choice Plus: The Choice Plus plan costs $5.45 per month and $16.99 per month when restored.
- Pro: This plan is $23.95 for the first year and $26.99 for the renewal.
- BlueHost’s control panel is simple and easy to use.
- After you sign up, you will receive a one-year free domain name.
- FPT account and file manager.
- It’s primarily a WordPress-centric service.
- Premium technical help is not available from BlueHost.
This hosting service is ideal for those looking for a WordPress-specific provider.
If you have to handle everything yourself, finding the most acceptable web host in Canada can be a challenging effort. Where do you begin with the plethora of possibilities available? Do you go with the most popular option, or do you think about other factors before making a decision? The decision-making process can become highly frustrating as you are presented with an increasing number of options, each promising an exceptional experience. However, with a list like this, all you have to do is match the features of the hosting services to your requirements.
Do you want your website to be managed entirely? Then WP Engine is an excellent option. Or would you prefer a solution that allows you to choose from various servers in Canada? Then Web Hosting Canada is the best option for you. GreenGeeks is also a great option if you want to make an environmentally conscious statement with your brand.
Furthermore, many of the services in this roundup offer a money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with the service. One even offers a money-back guarantee of 90 days. Such features enable you to try out the host before making a long-term commitment.