Table of Contents
- 1 What is Printful?
- 2 How does Printful work?
- 3 What makes Printful stand out?
- 4 Printful review
- 5 The sample order review
- 6 Customer support review
- 7 Printful’s pricing plans
- 8 Who should consider Printful?
- 9 4 Quick steps to connect your Shopify store with Printful
- 10 Printful vs Printify
- 11 Printful vs Teelaunch
- 12 Printful vs Print Aura
- 13 Last but not least
If you’ve been in the printing industry for more than a month, you know how difficult it is to find a printer who produces high-quality prints, delivers on time, and responds to your customer service inquiries.
Printful emerges as a rising star among a crowded field of printing and fulfilment providers. In reality, Printful is a supplier or a dropshipper that keeps your products, packages them, and ships them to your clients. As a result, all you have to do now is upload your designs to your website and begin selling.
This article will look at Printful reviews from several perspectives to see why so many people choose Printful to its competitors.
What is Printful?
Printful is a print-on-demand (POD) drop shipping service that gives you everything you need to start selling bespoke accessories and things on the internet. There are currently over 200 Printful goods available, and the number is expanding every day.
T-shirts, leggings, skirts, backpacks, phone covers, pillows, coffee mugs, and more items are now available. Customers who merely wish to buy some personalized things for themselves might use Printful’s customized retail service. Their flawless dropshipping services, on the other hand, are well-known.
Printful enables online store owners to make significant profits in the E-commerce business without bothering about delivery or product manufacturing. Instead, all they have to do is provide Printful with their designs, logos, or artwork, and Printful will handle everything else.
There are no monthly fees or minimum order requirements for this platform, and it is free to set up. In addition, it is compatible with a variety of e-commerce platforms, including Shopify, Etsy, and WooCommerce, making it simple to integrate into your online business.
Furthermore, Printful is there to assist you in getting started, with simple-to-follow instructions that walk you through all you need to know. This covers drop shipping instructions, on-demand printing services, and building a digital empire.
How does Printful work?
Printful works by meticulously carrying out your orders: they assist you in printing your bespoke designs onto things and delivering them to your consumers on demand. You’ll be able to run a fully automated business by simply integrating Printful’s software into your E-commerce platform.
You used to handle all of the printing, packing, and shipping yourself if you ran a non-automated dropshipping business. You’d also have to keep track of all the associated costs, such as the printer, ink, T-shirts or bulk materials, shipping parcels, and postage, not to mention the labor and time required to make and distribute the item.
On the other hand, your customers only have to place orders with you, and Printful will handle the rest. Because Printful already has the supplies, equipment, and logistics employees to run a printing and fulfilment business, the expenses will be significantly lower.
You keep the profit from your business when you dropship with Printful, and you can spend your time on other things like design, customer support, marketing, and growth.
What makes Printful stand out?
But what distinguishes Printful from the competition? Why do so many companies select Printful over other printing and fulfilment companies?
Here are a few distinguishing characteristics of Printful:
- The fulfillment that is responsible. By ensuring that the products you sell are created only when a consumer placed an order, Printful saves resources and avoids leftover stock.
- Individualized branding. Printful fulfils and sends everything under your brand name, including personalized labels, pack-ins, and more, so you get all the credit.
- The entire process is automated. Printful integrations allow you to automatically import orders from your store, making the fulfilment process simple and speedy.
- The most affordable delivery options. Printful works with some leading global carriers to provide you with the most reliable and cost-effective shipping alternatives.
- There are no minimums. You can experiment with your store concept and products without having to worry about order minimums, pricey equipment, or unsold inventory.
- It’s completely free to use. There are no monthly or one-time charges. Once you receive an order, you only have to pay for fulfilment and shipment.
- The policy of assurance. Printful covers damaged or misplaced packages. A tracking code will be included with all domestic orders.
- Support is available at all times of the day and night. Printful is a customer-focused business. They offer live chat and phone help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have any questions, you may contact Printful via email or a list of FAQs.
Pros and cons of using Printful
Printful, without a doubt, provides numerous unique services and has gained a sizable customer base. There is, however, always an opportunity for development.
In this section, we’ll look at the advantages and disadvantages of using Printful.
- The interface that is simple to use
- Setup is simple and quick.
- Dropshipping is a low-risk business approach.
- Warehouses in the United States and Europe
- A large number of high-quality items are available.
- Printing on white labels
- Services for branding
- Integrations with the most major systems (Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.) are available.
- API assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Personalization options for products
- Printful is an iOS and Android app that allows you to create product mockups.
- There are no monthly costs.
- There is no purchase minimum.
- There will be no outsourcing.
- There isn’t a way to edit product variables in bulk.
- Only a few product mockups are available.
- When compared to other providers, there are higher shipping rates.
- Shipping takes longer than usual – on average, it takes four business days to arrive.
The sample order review
The only way to know for sure if the Printful goods are perfect for you is to send yourself a sample. In truth, Printful’s sample orders are affordable. They provide a 20% discount on the advertised price and free shipping to certain places.
Here’s how free delivery for samples works:
- Samples sent from Printful’s North Carolina and California facilities are transported for free to Canada and all 50 states and territories in the United States.
- The shipping is free if you order something from Printful’s European location.
- You will receive two goods for each of these sample orders. Furthermore, each sample order is restricted to one per month.
- This could be difficult for people who want to try out new things regularly. However, there are alternative ways to get more sample orders on the site, such as linking with an E-commerce platform and producing more than $300 in the previous month.
Customer support review
Printful’s customer service has received mixed reviews online, although most reviewers think it is superior to those of its competitors.
You can get phone assistance from Printful during the weekdays, or you may contact them by live chat or email. They are also active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Printful also offers a self-help support centre that includes FAQs, blog entries, tutorials, printing tips, fabric data, and embroidery files.
Printful’s pricing plans
Only when you sell things does Printful generate money. Simply choose a product to sell, and Printful will provide you with a suggested retail price.
Printful’s pricing plans range from $7 to $72.12, depending on the product and type of customization. Those interested, however, will be pleased to learn that Printful is completely free to use, with no setup fees, purchase minimums, or monthly fees. Instead, when you submit an order, it just costs for manufacture and shipping.
Fixed shipping rates are offered by Printful, which are calculated based on the average cost of each product category. The weight, dimensions, and packaging of all items in this shipping category are similar. Fees vary by shipping destination, including the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and other nations and territories worldwide.
Printful also provides warehousing and fulfilment services for products it does not manufacture.
The total cubic footage that your things take up in the warehouse daily is used to calculate warehousing fees. In the United States, the warehouse’s monthly minimum storage price is $25, while in Europe, it is €22. Depending on the number of units you’re storing, Printful also offers volume discounts.
Each incoming order is assessed for fulfilment fees. The minimum charge for each order is $2.95 ($2 for order fulfilment and 95 cents per product from the warehouse). Other charges could include the cost of packaging materials. In your account dashboard, you can calculate fulfilment fees.
Printful’s clothing collection comprises items for men, women, and children. Polo shirts, 34-sleeve shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, hoodies, sweatpants, skirts, leggings, shorts, dresses, swimwear, sports clothes, and baby products such as bibs and bodysuits are just a few examples.
Phone covers, jeweler, socks, flip flops, and bags are among Printful’s accessories (fanny packs, tote bags, backpacks, drawstring bags, and laptop cases).
Home and Living
Coffee mugs, stickers, blankets, pillows, aprons, and beach towels are all available in Printful’s home and living collection. Customized wall art in the shape of posters, canvas prints, and framed posters is also available.
Who should consider Printful?
In truth, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to developing the ideal print-on-demand strategy for online sales. Printful, on the other hand, could be a good option if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to start selling customized sweatshirts, hoodies, and leggings online.
Printful allows you to create items that appeal to your clients and sell them worldwide, including the United States, Asia, and Europe. The POD solution allows you to sell your products online, and it works well with big markets such as eBay and Amazon.
Printful’s cutting-edge mockup generator enables you to make high-quality items without the need for costly DTG printers or other specialized technologies.
Furthermore, you can count on consistently high print quality.
In a nutshell, we believe Printful is the greatest option for:
- Custom printing businesses: Printful offers on-demand printing, warehousing, and fulfilment services. Printful allows businesses to integrate their store with the platform and upload their designs. Printful handles everything else, from item manufacturing to shipment.
- Printful’s services are ideal for content creators, independent artists, and influencers who wish to sell their items.
- Anyone interested in dropshipping or custom printing should contact us. Printful rapidly links to your website, allowing you to obtain low-cost samples and industry-leading items.
4 Quick steps to connect your Shopify store with Printful
You’ll need to link your store to an e-commerce platform to use Printful. As previously said, Printful interacts with various platforms, with Shopify being one of the best and most user-friendly. Thousands of retailers rely on Shopify to run their businesses daily.
Let’s walk through the process of connecting the two in this section:
Step 1: Sign up for a Printful account.
This is a really simple and quick step. Simply click Sign Up on Printful’s homepage, and you’ll be led to this page:
You only need to fill in your full name, email address, and password to go to the next stage.
Step 2: On Shopify, instal the Printful app.
Here you may sign in to Shopify or create an account. Next, click Visit the Shopify App Store under the Apps menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
When you arrive, search for Printful, and the app will appear first in the Orders and shipping section. Next, you select the Printful application. After that, select Add app and confirm the installation.
Step 3: Establish a link between your store and the internet.
You’ll be prompted to sign in to both your Printful and Shopify accounts after installing the app. Then, simply follow the steps and link the two together.
Step 4: Fill in the blanks with your merchandise.
Access Printful and select the store you just connected under Stores in your dashboard. When you click Add product, you’ll be taken to Printful’s push generator, where you may choose which things you want to offer.
A variation is a specific type of product that can be sold, for your knowledge. If you sell a T-shirt in various sizes, each size will become a new version.
You are free to utilize Printful’s clipart and default text generator, but if you want to be more creative, you can create products using your ideas.
If you have an image you want to use on a product, select Upload file, and it will display on the mockup, where you can alter it further if necessary.
You may also establish your retail pricing using Printful, so you can adjust your margins based on what works best for your E-commerce site.
Your products will be visible in your Shopify store once you’ve done adding them. To see the product in Shopify, select View. The product will appear synced if you return to (or just reload) your Printful dashboard page.
Printful’s capabilities can also be expanded by integrating it with other platforms, such as:
Alternatives to Printful
While the Printful platform stands out as one of the best for on-demand and dropshipping services, it is not the only software available. Platforms like Printify, Teelaunch, and Print Aura can help with mockups, warehousing, and order fulfilment.
Printful vs Printify
Printful and Printify are both great options for delivering a wide variety of new products to clients. Printify offers over 250 different product possibilities. Printify, unlike Printful, outsources the printing and fulfilment of your orders. As a result, rather than dealing directly with the brand, you reach out to partners.
How is Printify different from Printful?
Printify outsources order fulfilment and printing.
They don’t have a warehouse for your products, and they don’t offer screen printing (while Printful has)
Orders are completed in the United Kingdom, the United States, China, Australia, and Europe.
The delivery time for international orders ranges from 10 to 30 days.
Only Etsy, WooCommerce, and Shopify have Printify integrations.
What do both of them share in common?
- Print-on-demand custom product dropshippers – clothes, accessories, home and lifestyle collection
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Setup is straightforward and free.
- There are no order minimums.
- Maker of mockups
- Shipping is available worldwide.
- Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days.
If you have an Etsy, WooCommerce, or Shopify store, Printify could be an excellent alternative to Printiful. Printful, on the other hand, has a lot more to offer in terms of design, branding, and photography services.
Printful vs Teelaunch
Teelaunch is a relatively young participant as compared to Printify and other services that provide on-demand dropshipping. Teelaunch, like Printful, allows you to have a product printed and sent directly to your customer. This frees up a lot of time for you to concentrate on the most important aspects of your business while still taking care of the rest.
Teelaunch stands out since they provide various unique goods in their product catalogue from which to choose when creating your designs. Bluetooth speakers, headphones, jewellery boxes, luggage tags, necklaces, dog bowls, and other fascinating items may all be printed.
How is Teelaunch different from Printful?
- Teelaunch was created specifically for Shopify’s limited product catalogue (about 65 items, but they are adding more products monthly)
- Samples are 50% discount for business owners.
- The shipping time is between 5 and 6 days.
- Is there a way to ship from Australia?
What do both of them share in common?
- Print-on-demand and fulfilment services are available.
- It’s easy to get started
- When you sell items, you get paid.
- Shipping is available worldwide.
- There is no charge for membership.
In a face-to-face comparison, Printful appears to be the winner. On the other hand, the launch occasionally has superior profit margins and allows you to make a little more money on each order.
Printful vs Print Aura
White-labeling and brand tweaks are available on both Printful and Print Aura, which are widely utilized platforms. You can choose things from their inventory and have your logo added to them. They also store and transport things to your consumers.
How is Print Aura different from Printful?
- Print Aura just has one fulfilment centre, so the Spanish and Japanese markets aren’t served.
- They don’t provide marketing assistance.
- There is no customer service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What do both of them share in common?
- White-labeling and brand customizations are available.
- Fantastic service and excellent print quality
- Tool for creating mockups
- Calculator for pricing
- Multiple E-commerce platform integrations (Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, etc.)
Some of the products available from Print Aura are significantly more expensive than those available from Printful. So if you’re on a tight budget, you might want to stick to Printful instead.
Last but not least
You can see that Printful is an excellent choice for business owners who want to simplify their lives by selling high-quality print-on-demand/drop shipped items under their brand name.
Printful is a great option if you want to sell your designs on custom apparel, accessories, or home decor without having to worry about manufacturing and inventory. Furthermore, getting started is free, and you only pay when an order is placed in your store. So, why don’t you give it a shot?
We hope you found this Printful review helpful. Please let us know if there’s anything we missed! Aside from that, best of luck on your E-commerce adventure, as always!