Shopify has been a leading ecommerce platform since 2006. It is the choice of small, local businesses as well as prominent companies around the world like Partake Foods and Uppercase magazine.
Shopify Plus is a high-growth ecommerce platform that allows you to work in the same manner, but offers more. Shopify Plus can handle over 10.149 transactions per hour.
What is Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus was launched by Shopify in 2014. It works with all Shopify’s latest features and extends the scalability and effectiveness to meet the demands of corporations and enterprises.
Shopify Plus is recommended for vendors by Harley Finkelstein (Chief Platform Officer, Shopify).
Shopify Plus has been accompanied by success stories from hundreds of merchants all over the globe, including Budweiser and Kylie Cosmetics as well as Tesla Motors.
Shopify Plus merchants can benefit from 3 key differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus. These are:
- Design Flexibility
- Features of e-Commerce
What do Shopify and Shopify Plus share in common?
Shopify merchants can have stunning storefronts without spending a lot of money, no matter if they are a local business or a global enterprise. What are the benefits?
- Shopify Plus and Shopify offer more than 100 customizable themes at their disposal , from free to premium. All of these are created by professional designers who have deep knowledge about customer experience to make it easier to design your store and to imprint your brand’s image on customers’ minds.
- Templates: There are 10 templates included in the free download, and the rest can be purchased for between $140-$180. Although this may seem like a large sum for some store owners it is a worthwhile investment for your brand’s face-front.
- Language SupportShopify allows you to offer your products and services in a variety of languages. It is the best way to connect a brand with its customers. So why not use it? Shopify allows you to translate your store in five languages. This will allow you to maximize cross-border sales. This feature can be optimized by using IP-based translation with Translation App from Shopify App Store. This allows you to translate your store in the language spoken by your customers.
What are the Differences?
- You have greater customization options: Shopify Plus offers more options for customizing your Shopify store. Shopify Plus allows you to use Shopify Plus’s script editor to modify your cart and checkout – something that isn’t possible with the basic Shopify plan. Shopify Launch Manager can help you seamlessly integrate your existing website into Shopify.
- Language support: Shopify Plus offers the ability to modify templates’ language. Shopify allows only 5 languages for translation. Shopify Plus offers 20 languages. This allows merchants to personalize their stores and increase customer engagement.
What do they have in common?
- Shopify payment allows merchants of Shopify and Shopify Plus to sell in multiple currencies, allowing them to expand their international business. This means that the currency of products displayed in shops can vary depending on where they are located.
- Shopify supports more than 130 currencies at this point, so people all over the globe can interact with your business regardless of the price difference.
- Each purchase will have a conversion price calculated automatically using the current foreign exchange rate.
- Customers can use a Currency Selector to select the currency they need. This feature is enabled in the theme store. With the help of geolocation app, merchants can also notify customers about currency changing.
Products and Store Options
Both offer basic, but powerful enough store management capabilities to power your Shopify store.
- Customer Management
- Order Management
- Multiple shipping
- Fulfillment centers and refund
Together with the Store Management features, product features make it easy to update merchants’ product pages.
- Video and 3D Support
- Inventory Management
- Multiple images and variations
- SEO Support
Shopify Plus and Shopify’s marketing tools can help merchants promote their online stores.
- Social Media Integration (Facebook Instagram Pinterest Pinterest)
- Gift cards and discounts
- Google Ads Credit
- Social proof and reviews
To see the complete list, click here
Shopify offers its own analytics dashboard that allows you to see your customers and sales data minute by minute. This gives you the opportunity to examine your business and customers’ insights for future marketing campaigns.
Every Shopify plan provides in-depth reports. However, The number of reports will differ depending on the merchant’s choice of plans. You can find more information about each Shopify subscription plan in the table from Shopify Help Centre.
Merchants who wish to upgrade from a lower plan will be provided with additional reports that track data starting at the time they first use Shopify.
What are the Differences?
Shopify Plus can automatically choose the appropriate currency for customers based upon their IP address. Customers and merchants don’t have to manually change the currency of products they already own. This allows them to seamlessly experience their purchase journey.
Shopify Plus also customizes rounding rules according to merchant preferences. This allows merchants to decide how the price will appear in any currency. It improves buyer experience.
Store and Product Features
Shopify Plus allows its merchants to access exclusive apps that are only available to Shopify Plus users. These include Shopify Flow and Bulk Account Inviter.
Shopify Flow: Shopify Flow is one of the most prominent features. It allows you to set up an automated workflow for customer-related transactions.
You can guide your customers through every step by monitoring the flow, including conditions, triggers, and actions. Instead of manually checking each customer’s list and sending them emails, Shopify Flow can create a workflow to do this. This will allow you to focus on building your business.
Script editor: Shopify Plus offers the Script Editor. You can customize your website template and your Checkout page. This feature is only available to Shopify Plus merchants.
Shopify Plus offers you more flexibility and convenience to personalize your Shopping Cart and Checkout pages, including the ability to create discounts based upon cart properties and customize shipping and payment methods to meet your customers’ requirements.
Bulk account inviter can be used to invite many customers to your store to create accounts. Merchants who have a large customer base on another platform or store and would like to link it to their store simultaneously can use this feature.
Your customers will receive automatic notifications emails, which are not considered spam. Shopify uses the Sender Policy Framework to verify that you have an email address.
There aren’t many differences between Advanced Shopify and Shopify PLUS in the number reports. This means that Shopify Plus analytics is the same as Advanced Shopify. No. It is not about the quantity, but quality at this time – Shopify Plus takes these reports to the next level.
Assistance and support
What do they have in common?
Shopify guarantees to provide the best customer service possible for your business, using a variety of approaches. This will ensure that you have a seamless experience and no intervention from Shopify.
- Shopify offers hundreds of tips and videos at Help Centre and Youtube Channel for merchants who wish to actively learn.
- You can join Shopify Community to get help from 700.000 merchants around the globe.
- Do you need a personal approach to solving your problems? Shopify offers 24/7 support by phone, email, and live chat.
What is the Difference?
Shopify Plus merchants have undoubtedly access to all Help and Support channels and some extraordinary merits.
- Shopify Plus provides you with dedicated, personalized support from Launch manager and Merchant Success Manager. Their job is to help you launch your online store and guide you on the way to success. Shopify Plus merchants will receive guidance, strategic coaching, and forecasting ahead of business trends.
- Shopify merchants have 24/7 support. Shopify Plus merchants get 24/7 support in priority order. Shopify Plus experts will answer all your questions, no matter what time it is, whether it’s day or night, holiday or working day, minor or major problem or not.
Shopify vs Shopify plus pricing
This is the number one concern for many merchants.
There are currently three plans at the most affordable price: Shopify ($29/month), Shopify (79/month), and Advanced Shopify (299/month).
- All plans include crucial features like fraud analysis, multi-currency sales, abandoned cart recovery, and more. However, the higher you pay, the more you get . If you require more detailed reports or advanced report building, Advanced Shopify may be the right plan for you.
- While the price of each plan is quite competitive, you can still save more money by using Shopify’s promotional. Shopify plans are available for one year and offer $94 savings. Shopify plans for two years can save you $190 per year.
- “Wait! “Wait! We answer. Vendors who wish to test its features before making a decision on any plans. Shopify offers 14 day free trial , with no credit card
- You may find the following video helpful if you want to take a closer look at what the differences between the plans are.
It’s important to remember that the above price is only for Shopify to keep your store online. To make it possible for customers to purchase from your store, you must pay Shopify Payment Fee and Transaction Fee.
- This fee is necessary because of the security and privacy concerns. Shopify Payment fee allows for seamless payment in many methods, such as VISA Master Card, American Express, Master Card and so forth. While transaction fee ensures that your transaction is safe with fraud analysis – Shopify’s special tool to protect your return after the order has been completed.
- What is the cost of this fee? This fee is not set in stone. PageFly does offer a tool that will calculate your monthly cost. It uses Shopify plans, average order value and number of orders.
Although Shopify’s pricing is public, Shopify Plus pricing requires some direct negotiation with Shopify Plus.
- It will typically be about $2000 per month. However, this can change depending on the monthly sales volume of your business. The ceiling price is $40.000.
- Despite the high price tag, you’ll have all the enterprise power you need for managing your entire business and not just one store. Shopify Plus pricing will show you all the benefits.
Shopify vs Shopify Plus: Which one is faster?
It was found that Shopify has a 99.99% uptime while Shopify Plus has a 99.98%. Shopify Plus loads the storefront 2.97 times faster that any other SaaS platform, despite it being slower than Shopify. Both platforms can reduce bounce rates, which can negatively impact your business’s conversion rate.
Shopify is worth the effort and money?
This question is based on Shopify’s quality as well as your current demand.
- Shopify is a great way to get your business started online, especially for the first time. Shopify can still provide professional-designed storefront themes and highly secure payment methods, even if you don’t have any programming knowledge.
- Shopify is not the best option for content marketing if you are a business that focuses heavily on content marketing. Shopify’s blogging platform features are very limited.
Is Shopify worth the effort and money? Only you can decide. Using Shopify’s features and your business goals, you can answer this question.
If you are still unable to make a decision on your own, We offer objective reviews by third parties so you can make an informed decision.
When is Shopify Plus worth it?
There is no one-size fits all solution to when Shopify Plus should be upgraded. However, we have three factors to consider.
- Annual revenue of your company: Shopify Plus can be expensive for businesses. It is important to ensure that you have the funds. Your annual revenue should be at least 1 million dollars annually. This is where the importance of better tools to monitor your business grows.
- The number of staff members: Advanced Shopify currently allows only 15 staff accounts per store. Shopify Plus is a good choice if your business is expanding rapidly and you need unlimited staff.
- Repetitive tasks that are repetitive and difficult: If you want to grow your business, it is easy for small tasks to become a roadblock. Shopify Plus can help. Your business can run smoothly without having to deal with repetitive tasks with the help of Shopify Plus partners and ecommerce automated tools .
It will depend on what you need to know about Shopify vs Shopify Plus.
Shopify and Shopify Plus are good options if you need basic ecommerce tools to build and monitor your store. However, Shopify Plus is a better option for high-growth merchants who require greater control, stronger customization, more flexibility, and greater functionality.