Table of Contents
- 1 Create a Customer Service Email Address
- 2 Give Your Customers the Opportunity to Chat with You
- 3 Use a Virtual Phone System
- 4 Try Customer Relationship Management Software
- 5 Be Sure to Use These Other Customer Service Tools
- 6 Always Follow Up With Your Customers
- 7 Product Descriptions Should Be Detailed
- 8 Create a FAQ section on your website
Customer service is critical for your dropshipping business. Although it may appear to be a hassle, providing it will pay off in the long run and contribute to the success of your online company. You’ll earn more loyal customers, get better customer feedback/reviews, and deal with fewer returns or refunds if you provide superior customer care.
So, how can your dropshipping customer service be better? Check out these eight steps to find out!
Create a Customer Service Email Address
Setting up a contact page on your dropshipping store is the simplest approach to improve customer support. Your website should be a place where clients may leave notes for you at any time. You can also include it in your navigation menu so that your customers are only a click away. Make sure your website has a “Contact Us” page that is easily accessible from the navigation. Users should be able to find your customer care email on that page, so they can trust your company and know who to contact if they have any issues.
You may receive numerous email addresses that you can select for specific customer support problems, depending on the parameters of your web hosting plan: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Listed below are some examples. On the other hand, these mails will eat up space that may be better spent on your website’s contents, such as product pages and high-resolution product photos. You can use one of the following email programs instead of taking up this expensive and limited space:
- Zoho Mail – Set up 25 email addresses under your domain for free using this tool!
- G Suite – This is a better option for those addicted to their Gmail and Google Cloud features. Furthermore, if you choose G Suite, you will have access to Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Calendar.
Remember that using a personal email address for commercial purposes does not look professional and does not inspire confidence in your consumers.
Give Your Customers the Opportunity to Chat with You
While email is an excellent customer support channel for your dropshipping business, live chat is another excellent way to keep the lines of contact open.
Customers want to know that you are paying attention to their needs and responding to their requests. It’s all about building a connection with them and guaranteeing that there’s someone on the other end of the line who can assist them with their problems.
If you want to set up a virtual chat for your online store, look into the following options:
- Intercom — This business messenger is especially handy because it allows current or potential clients to contact you via the app, your website, social media, or email.
- Live Chat Inc – This helpful chat program features a “message sneak peek” that lets you see what your customer is typing to respond quickly.
- Click desk — This live-chat customer service software is unique in that it includes a browser-based video chat feature.
- Acquire — This live-chat technology allows you to “screenshare” with clients, allowing you to see exactly what problem they’re having in real-time!
- Tidio — Tidio is a free chat alternative for the first three operators if you’re seeking a more cost-effective chat option.
- ZoConvert is an automated chatbot and messaging tool that connects to your Facebook account. It’s extremely useful for getting Facebook marketplace conversions and converting all of your Facebook fans into direct email subscribers.
Never undervalue the importance of responding quickly to client inquiries. Communication is crucial to the success of your dropshipping business.
Use a Virtual Phone System
While it’s great to provide email and virtual chat, some clients will still prefer a traditional phone number. Giving your visitors many ways to contact you with any issues or problems is ideal for efficient customer care in your dropshipping store. This will make your online store appear professional and well-equipped to deal with any problems that may arise.
The top phone support system is Grasshopper Virtual Phone System. It’s well-known for its dependability and comes with a variety of handy features:
- Automated Greeting — because your customer support phone system’s automated greeting will be the initial point of contact, you can quickly and efficiently record a professional-sounding greeting to put your visitors at rest.
- Call Forwarding – Nowadays, most individuals are wary of calls from unfamiliar numbers. Fortunately, Grasshopper can be easily configured to display your caller ID on all outgoing and incoming calls, even if they are redirected to another landline or mobile phone. You can also use WiFi or VOiP to make or receive calls.
- Text Messaging — If you are unable to take the call, you can receive SMS instead. You can also set up an automated text message to the caller if you miss a call for some reason, informing them that you will return their call quickly.
- Voicemail and faxes — You can check your voicemails from any phone line. You can also preserve a written record of all communications by having audio files, or text transcriptions of calls emailed to your email. Finally, whenever someone faxes you, you may have it sent to your email address as a PDF file!
As you can see, a virtual phone system is a fantastic addition to your customer service arsenal.
Try Customer Relationship Management Software
Customer relationship management (CRM) software in your dropshipping store is a one-stop-shop for customer assistance. It comes with a complete and versatile suite of marketing, customer service, surveys, feedback, and data collection applications.
Among online resellers, Hubspot CRM is the most popular. The Hubspot Support Hub, a specific customer service solution that interfaces with the bigger CRM is also available. It has the following features:
- Team inbox – Your entire team is always up to date on what’s going on (saving time and resources on forwarding messages).
- Automated ticketing — All customer service emails are converted into tickets automatically, making it easier to resolve any unresolved concerns. Furthermore, utilizing a variety of templates, these emails can be automatically responded to.
- Chatbot assistance – The Service Hub also provides a virtual chat option so that consumers may contact you in various ways.
- Data collection and feedback enable you to understand better how your customer service answer aided the consumer, allowing you to improve your future efforts.
There is a free trial period, like with other customer support solutions. The cheapest package starts at $50 per month, but several other pricing options have greater features.
Be Sure to Use These Other Customer Service Tools
There are several good customer service solutions for drop shipping that are available to you, in addition to email, chat, and virtual phone capabilities.
Remember that providing the finest possible customer service is critical to making your online store competitive in the online industry.
These tools are more thorough than email, virtual chat, and virtual phone systems but less than a full-fledged CRM service hub. In the end, it comes down to your budget and how much you want to spend on subscription fees per month.
- Get Satisfaction – In today’s society, many customers want to communicate with the businesses with whom they do business. With four discussion types: questions, concerns, suggestions, and compliments, Get Satisfaction makes it simple to build an online community of customers to enhance brand loyalty, offer feedback, and address customer service issues.
- ZenDesk – This software acts as a virtual support desk for your potential consumers. It includes live chat, phone support, a knowledgebase, a ticketing system, self-service, and an online community where consumers can help and communicate with one another for $89 per month. ZenDesk is so popular that customer care teams at Slack, Uber, and Shopify are all using it!
Freshdesk Customer Support Agent is usually regarded as the second-most popular customer service software after ZenDesk. Many of the same features include a ticketing system, calls/texts, a knowledge base, and reporting. It is, however, less expensive at $15 per month. It also offers a free version with limited functionality!
As you can see, there are numerous resources at your disposal to assist you in improving your customer service skills. Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity and check them out! Most of them provide a trial period, so you may test one out and see how it works before committing.
Always Follow Up With Your Customers
Your online store’s success hinges on customer feedback. Remember that customers want to feel heard and that their complaints or issues are valid. You also want to make sure that your resources are being used efficiently and effectively. How will you ensure that this occurs? By gathering input and then acting on it!
If you received either positive or negative comments, be sure to thank them. If it was negative feedback or a complaint, on the other hand, follow up with a remedy.
Remember that getting feedback is a terrific method to show off your customer service talents and gain new consumers.
After you’ve made a sale, don’t forget to follow up. This gives your customers a sense of importance and shows that you care about and appreciate their purchase. You can also keep them informed about future discounts or special prices now that you’ve created a line of communication.
However, there is one thing to keep in mind: you should only utilize email to follow up on leads. If you try to follow up with your consumer through phone or chat, they will likely feel pressured and less inclined to return in the future. Use email to follow up because it is the least intrusive method of communication.
Product Descriptions Should Be Detailed
As painful as it may be to hear, the majority of returns are the retailer’s fault. The three most common reasons for a customer returning a product, according to research firm Invest, are:
- The incorrect product was sent (23 percent of the time).
- The product description was incorrect (22 percent of the time).
- The item was harmed (20 percent of the time).
Furthermore, return rates for online retail are much higher: roughly 15% of e-commerce purchases are returned, compared to 5 to 10% of the time in brick-and-mortar stores.
So, what’s the best way to avoid this problem? First, it’s a terrific method to cut down on returns if you have extensive product descriptions. The more information you provide on your product page, the less likely the consumer will be misled.
Make certain that your return policy is as follows:
- It’s hassle-free and simple to comprehend.
- Clearly expressed in plain English on your website and in follow-up emails.
- There are no strong words like “you must,” “you must,” or “we are not liable for.”
- Designed to instill in clients a sense of reasonable expectation.
Furthermore, it may seem counterintuitive, but a longer return policy window results in lower return rates. This is related to something called the endowment effect. In general, the longer a customer owns a product, the more devoted they become to it. Furthermore, if there is no sense of urgency, many customers will forget to initiate the return.
Finally, if your return policy is broad and well-defined, customers are more inclined to accept a reshipment or replacement of the product. This will save you a lot of money because it’s much more cost-effective to absorb the shipping and handling fees rather than lose the sale outright.
Create a FAQ section on your website
Finally, but certainly not least, a well-designed website is critical. If you want to provide excellent customer service for your online store, ensure your consumers have access to a wealth of relevant information.
Furthermore, any customer who approaches you will have one thing in common: they will have questions! Consider the reasons for this:
Because the most common inquiries are published online for your customers to read, a FAQ saves time for your support team.
Because they see that you’ve taken the effort to guide them and demonstrate your understanding of your products, a FAQ page develops trust between you and your clients.
When people have as much information as possible, they are more likely to buy from your store.
FAQ sites are viewed as high-information resources by search engines. They also help with SEO (search engine optimization) by introducing more information and queries to your website that search engines can index.
So, what kinds of questions should you include in your FAQ?
- When can I expect my order to arrive?
- Is it possible for me to pick my delivery date?
- Is it possible for me to acquire my order sooner?
- Do you keep track of your orders?
- Which methods of payment do you accept?
- Why was my payment turned down?
- Is there any sales tax or shipping and handling included in the price?
- What is the procedure for returning or exchanging a product?
- What is your policy on warranties?
All of these are fantastic examples to include on your FAQ page. This is an important step to remember if you want your dropshipping store to provide excellent customer service.