Dropshipping has many benefits. You have less to worry about. Dropshipping is easy because your suppliers can handle shipping, storage and stock levels. The flip side is that you must make the right decisions, such as which platform to host your eCommerce site. Your entire business can be affected by decisions like Shopify vs WooCommerce.
Dropshippers will save time by not having to worry so much about logistics. Your online store should look and function optimally in the same way that brick-and-mortar stores need to maintain their stores clean and organized. You need to choose the right platform for your business and you in order to create an effective ecommerce website.
This article compares the top three ecommerce platforms that allow dropshipping. They are not the only options, but they are the most widely used. They all make great ecommerce platforms. This guide will help you choose the best dropshipping .
WooCommerce Dropshipping Store
Let’s begin with WooCommerce. It is a favorite of ecommerce users.
Technically, WooCommerce doesn’t exist as a platform. WordPress is the platform, and WooCommerce just adds ecommerce functionality such as product pages and checkout. This is not necessarily a negative thing. WordPress is a respected name in website hosting. It still has a strong community of third-party developers.
All the benefits of WordPress can also be found in WooCommerce. To add unique flair to your website, you can use any plugin, ecommerce or otherwise. This includes our Spocket plugin that makes dropshipping products easy to add to your website.
However, WooCommerce websites also suffer from all the WordPress disadvantages. One reason is that WordPress targets broad audiences in any industry so it lacks ecommerce-specific features like Shopify. You should also be familiar with WordPress’s workings if you have never used it before.
WooCommerce’s customization capabilities are what really make it stand out on this list. Although all of these sites use templates, WooCommerce offers the best design and customization options via the WordPress interface. These options are not free. You will need to purchase the appropriate plugins and templates to enable full customization.
You also have the ability to do most of the design work yourself, which can be a good or bad thing. You might consider learning common design errors to avoid if you don’t have any design experience.
WooCommerce is a creative tool that can help you create a marketing strategy that includes a unique site design and strong brand personality.
- Free. Hosting will be charged separately. You can also spend money on third-party templates and plugins.
- There are many design customization options.
- Low-cost. It is completely free. You only need to pay for hosting and any feature plugins.
- Great for content marketing. WordPress was created as a blogging platform. Its content editors set the standard.
- This requires more hands-on site construction, which can be a little harder to learn and takes extra time searching the plugin store looking for the right features.
- Hosting is something you must do on your own.
Shopify Dropshipping Store
Shopify is almost in direct contrast to WooCommerce and Shopify. Shopify may not have the same customization options as WooCommerce but offers all of the ecommerce features that WordPress plugins lack.
Shopify was created to host ecommerce websites. It does that well. Shopify provides all the features that an online store would need, such as multiple payment options, intrinsic rating, and social selling integrations. Shopify provides these features natively, unlike other websites that require plugins to offer discounts and coupon codes.
Shopify has its own app store, just like WooCommerce. This allows you to add additional features. Shopify dropshipping is simplified with one-click functionality and direct access to suppliers. The Shopify app makes it easy to connect with Shopify dropshipping vendors. You can browse by location to ensure that your shipping times are minimal.
Shopify offers many useful apps that can help you grow your dropshipping business.
Shopify’s cookie-cutter templates are a downside. Although you can have a lot of variety to make your Shopify site stand out from the rest, you will be disappointed at the site-builder’s restrictions. Most of your design options are already taken care of once you have chosen your template.
It’s still one of the most user-friendly ecommerce platforms. Shopify is the best choice if you want your website to be up and running quickly.
- Shopify Lite: $9 per month
- Basic Shopify: $29/month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify: $299 per Month
- Shopify Plus: $2,000 – $40,000 per month
- User-friendly, simple interface
- A professional-looking website requires no design skills.
- You can set up an entire ecommerce website in a matter of minutes.
- This is a great tool for social media marketing with many integrations.
- Creativity is stifled by very restrictive customization
- You need to make your site stand out or it will appear generic.
- You may pay too many transaction fees depending on the plan you choose and the gateway you use.
BigCommerce Dropshipping Store
BigCommerce is open to both novice and seasoned site builders. This is a good feat, considering that they have both an easy-to-use interface and advanced features for those who need them. BigCommerce is unable to appeal to all skill levels and can therefore alienate the true beginners as well as those who seek a more reliable system.
Also, it ranks low in ease-of use, at least when compared to WooCommerce and Shopify. These points are a reminder that BigCommerce requires more time and effort to make the most of the features it offers.
BigCommerce is the best option for chain stores, businesses, and stores that offer a wide product range, such as department stores. These are all acceptable ecommerce models. Dropshippers thrive in niche and specialized markets, however, none of these models apply to dropshippers.
- BigCommerce Standard: $29.95 per month
- BigCommerce Plus: $79.95 per month
- BigCommerce Pro: $249.95 per month
- BigCommerce Enterprise: Custom
- It offers many options and features.
- All sizes of stores can be accommodated
- Both amateur and professional designers can use it.
- WooCommerce and Shopify are more difficult to use.
- It is better to shop at established online stores than for beginners
- You’re likely to pay for many features that you don’t need yet if you are just starting out.
It all boils down to where your priorities are. Shopify, WooCommerce and BigCommerce each have strengths and weaknesses. You need to find the right match for your priorities. Which dropshipping store type do you prefer?
WooCommerce may be the best option if customization, branding and site design are top priorities. WooCommerce may be the most affordable, but it requires you to not spend a lot on plugins.
Shopify is the best choice if convenience and speed are top priorities. Shopify offers more ecommerce features than other platforms, so experienced store owners may feel more at ease there.
BigCommerce is a great choice if you are ambitious and want to grow quickly. BigCommerce is a company that specializes in larger ecommerce sites, but it’s not for beginners.