The internet runs on web hosting. Web hosting businesses are in charge of the servers on which all websites—specifically, website files—are hosted. Web hosting is required for online stores, blogs, forums, and any other form of website, app, or game on the internet, which is why finding a high-quality host is so important. That’s why we did our research and chose the best web hosting services to ensure your website never crashes, loads quickly, and improves your SEO.
The good news is that most respectable web providers provide a straightforward, user-friendly interface for putting your website on their servers. Not to add, our top picks have competitive prices, excellent security, and a plethora of options for integrating with your favourite tools.
How We Conducted the Research
It’s an understatement to say that the web hosting business is overcrowded.
Thousands of businesses worldwide rent out server space for a fee. A brief online search will almost certainly yield an endless array of web hosting possibilities, ranging from minor to significant, cheap to expensive, simple to complex.
Our crew has researched and assessed hundreds of web hosting providers over the years to find which have the server capabilities, security measures, and best user experiences to support scaling online businesses, as this website is a resource for ecommerce platforms.
To create this list, we revisited our previous research and blended it with the most recent offerings from the world’s top 50 hosting companies. After that, we whittled down the list by removing those that lacked real-world uptime testing, cutting-edge security, and acceptable price.
Finally, we conducted extensive user-experience studies to determine which web providers provide the optimal, modern dashboard interface, as well as speedy integrations, managed hosting alternatives, and seamless experiences for users of all levels.
Best Web Hosting Providers: Our Top Picks
As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the best web hosting companies available. Take a look at the suggestions we’ve made below.
SiteGround – Our pick for the best web hosting
Because of its simple website management tools, fast and secure hosting, and reasonable hosting packages, SiteGround is our top choice for dependable web hosting. SiteGround’s ordinary web hosting is a great place to start for small online stores, blogs, and business websites. Still, you can also upgrade to managed WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, and cloud hosting.
New customers can take advantage of SiteGround’s frequent promotional pricing, saving them money for the first few years, depending on the package they choose. It returns to ordinary pricing after the promotion, which is still a better deal than most competitors.
The SiteGround shared hosting plans are as follows:
- StartUp: $14.99 / month ($3.99 with the promotion) for one website, ten gigabytes of storage, ten thousand monthly visits, a free SSL certificate, daily backups, free CDN, free email, enhanced security, ecommerce tools, managed WordPress options, caching, unlimited databases, and collaboration.
- GrowBig: $24.99 a month ($6.69 with the promotion) for unlimited websites, 20 GB of web space, 100k monthly visits, everything from the previous plan, on-demand backups, quicker PHP, and a staging section, plus everything from the previous plan.
- GoGeek: $39.99 a month ($10.69 with the promotion) for unlimited websites, 40 GB of web space, 400k monthly visits, everything from the other plans, staging + Git, white-label client choices, priority customer support, and SiteGround’s top tier of resources.
- SiteGround offers excellent promotional pricing that remains low even after the sale.
- All website hosting plans include a free SSL certificate and backups for the best possible security.
- To quickly build up a website and open an online store, web hosting includes managed WordPress features and ecommerce-enabled technology.
- To manage the website, communicate ideas, and allow user access, you can invite collaborators.
- SiteGround plans are built to scale with your business, so you may upgrade at any moment as your site expands.
- The free CDN and out-of-the-box caching work together to increase site speed.
- Some proposals include staging sites for testing plugins, themes, and website designs before going live.
- Priority customer support, staging + Git, and white labelling are all included in the highest-tiered package for dealing with web design clients.
- The most popular content management systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla, are optimized for SiteGround. This allows you to install your favourite website builders with a single click.
- With components for domain management, site building, email services, and more, the SiteGround dashboard makes online development and management simple for all users.
- SiteGround only offers 12-month promotional periods. If you sign up for a term longer than that, you will not receive a discount.
- The pricing on SiteGround’s website is a touch deceptive, as the particular cost entices you in, but after a year, it rises to the regular pricing. You must also pay for the entire year ahead of time.
- Domain registration, domain privacy, and site screening are all things we’d want to have included in the fee. All of these are optional extras.
WP Engine – Runner-up for the best web hosting
WP Engine is a close second to SiteGround. Although slightly more expensive, we believe WP Engine’s pricing is more apparent than SiteGround’s, and you’ll start with a regular price rather than a year at a discounted rate. As a result, WP Engine’s pricing is similar to that of the top competitors on this list, even if it appears to be more expensive. On the other hand, WP Engine’s managed WordPress hosting specializes in allowing you to establish a fast website, keep it secure, and execute upgrades without having to do much on your end. You can choose between WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, or corporate hosting, and much of the process is automated. They even have a comprehensive suite for managing your freelance business or running an agency.
WP Engine has straightforward pricing that depends on whether you pay monthly or annually. You may also contact the WP Engine team for a more advanced enterprise hosting service.
The following features are included in managed WordPress plans:
- Startup costs $25 per month (annually) or $30 per month (monthly) for a single website with 25k monthly views, 10 GB of storage, and 50 GB of bandwidth. This plan may be upgraded to accommodate more WordPress sites, visitors, and storage. Customizable themes, one-click staging, backups, automated PHP and WordPress upgrades, proactive threat blocking, and maximum speed is all included in this package. Upgrades are also available for enhanced security, automated plugin updates, and increased bandwidth.
- Professional: $49 per month includes everything from the previous level, plus three sites, 75k monthly visits, 15 GB of storage, and 125 GB of bandwidth.
- Growth: For $96 per month, you get everything in the preceding plans plus ten sites, 100k monthly visits, 20 GB of storage, and 200 GB of bandwidth.
- Scale: Everything in the preceding plans starts at $242 per month, including 30+ sites, 400k monthly visits, 50 GB of storage, and 500 GB of bandwidth.
- Dedicated Hosting: For anything requiring more than 300 sites, 400k visits, and 50 GB of storage, we offer custom pricing.
The following features are included in ecommerce hosting plans:
- Starting at $30 per month for a WooCommerce-specific platform, automated plugin updates, premium WooCommerce themes, one website, 25k monthly visits, 10 GB of storage, 50 GB of bandwidth, and increasing ability all of them.
- Professional: For $63 per month, you get three sites, 75k monthly visits, 15 GB of storage, and 125 GB of bandwidth, as well as everything in the preceding plan.
- Starting at $117 per month for everything in the previous plans, plus ten sites, 100k monthly visits, 20 GB of storage, and 200 GB of monthly bandwidth.
- Scale: Everything in the preceding plans starts at $292 per month for 30+ sites, 400k monthly visits, 50 GB of storage, and 500 GB of bandwidth per month.
- Dedicated Servers: Get custom pricing for whatever you need with up to 30 sites, 400k monthly traffic, and 50 GB of storage.
- WP Engine provides managed WordPress hosting as well as ecommerce solutions.
- WP engine is well-known for loading pages much faster than its competitors.
- Daily backups, managed upgrades, and continual website monitoring can all help to keep your websites safe.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- With one of the white-label options, you may manage a whole agency or freelance web design platform.
- Everything is taken care of, so you can start selling on WordPress in minutes and never have to worry about PHP or WordPress upgrades.
- WP Engine has a slick, modern dashboard that is miles ahead of the competition in terms of usability.
- They provide a simple solution for transferring websites from other hosts.
- For protecting all transactions that go through your store, you get free SSL certificates.
- Through MySQL and WP-CLI, WP Engine provides workflow tools such as GIT and SSH access.
- With a one-click staging tool, you can easily stage your web pages.
- You get access to several high-quality WordPress themes and frameworks.
- Regularly, all backups are automated.
- Despite being reasonably clear, WP Engine’s pricing is significantly higher than budget suppliers like Siteground.
- Given that they sell “Managed WordPress Hosting,” we’d want to see free automated plugin updates. We’d think that automated plugin updates are required to consider it managed.
- Unless you pay an extra cost, you won’t get an extra degree of security (firewall, DDOS mitigation, and CDN).
- The ecommerce option is good, but they’re effectively charging extra for the ease of not having to install the WooCommerce plugin yourself–which is quite simple.
GreenGeeks – Best Environmentally Friendly Option
If you’re looking for a web hosting company that cares about the environment, GreenGeeks is a must-visit during your search. We recommend it for environmentally conscious businesses and people, as GreenGeeks focuses on reinvesting 3x the power it consumes in renewable energy. GreenGeeks also offers competitive pricing, high-speed technologies, and top-tier storage hardware to ensure that your website remains fast, safe, and scalable.
GreenGeeks offers traditional web hosting and WordPress, VPS (virtual private server) hosting, and reseller hosting. We’ll go over the costs of regular web hosting in this section, and then you can upgrade as your small business grows. For each plan you sign up for, GreenGeeks also plants a tree.
The following are some of the plans:
- Lite: $10.95 a month ($2.95 for a short time) for one website, standard performance, nightly backups, multi-user access, a green energy match, unlimited databases, caching, a CDN, a free domain for a year, free SSL, numerous email accounts, 50 GB of webspace, and more.
- Unlimited websites, enhanced performance, unlimited web space, unlimited emails, everything from the previous plan, on-demand backups, and a WordPress repair tool for $15.95 per month ($5.95 introductory rate).
- Premium: $25.95 a month ($10.95 promotional pricing) for unlimited websites, GreenGeeks’ highest speed, everything in the previous plans, as well as a free dedicated IP, object caching, and free AlphaSSL.
- GreenGeeks attempts to help the environment by reinvesting in renewable energy, utilizing environmentally-friendly hardware, and planting trees for each new customer.
- Email accounts, backups, cache, and SSL certificates are all included in the standard hosting package.
- With multi-user access, you can work on the website with a group of individuals.
- On-demand backups, AlphaSSL, and object caching are among the plans available.
- You have the option of selecting which data centre to utilize.
- The data centres are powered by renewable energy and provide a secure and stable infrastructure for hosting your websites.
- WordPress hosting is a choice if you want managed WordPress updates, free WordPress migrations, and improved WordPress security.
- With VPS hosting, you may get faster and more reliable hosting.
- GreenGeeks isn’t particularly forthcoming about performance, stating only that performance improves when you upgrade your pricing. We’d want to have the best performance for all plans, but it appears that when you pay more money, the performance may increase.
Dreamhost is a WordPress hosting provider with a low-price tag. It’s noted for its fast speeds, low-cost add-ons (such as domain names), and a simple control panel for running the whole thing. Dreamhost offers shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, and virtual private server (VPS) hosting. They also provide a website builder and more advanced hosting options such as cloud and dedicated hosting.
You have various options to reduce hosting expenses, especially when just getting started, with yearly and monthly plans and several discounts regularly.
The following features are included in all standard web hosting plans:
Shared: One website, a free domain, unlimited bandwidth, fast SSD storage, WordPress pre-installed, a drag-and-drop website builder, automated WordPress migrations, and a free SSL start at $6.99 per month ($2.95 with promotional pricing).
DreamPress is a WordPress hosting service that starts at $16.95 per month for one website. This plan is for WordPress users and includes one website (which can be upgraded), free domain names, 100k monthly visits, 30 GB of SSD storage, an SSL certificate, unrestricted email hosting, website creation, on-demand backups, Jetpack, a one-click backup restore, and a one-click staging site.
VPS: Unlimited websites, unlimited traffic, 30 GB of SSD storage, one-click WordPress installation, unlimited email, and 24/7 support team access start at $13.75 per month (up to $110 per month depending on GBs).
- Many premium products, such as an SSL certificate, website builder, and free site migrations, are available for free from Dreamhost.
- Even the most basic plans include speedy SSD storage.
- On-demand backups and restore tools are available with the sure of the plans.
- The customized control panel is simple to use.
- Dreamhost is well-known for its round-the-clock customer assistance.
- When it comes to caching, database queries, and website loading, Dreamhost uses solid-state drives, which results in a speedier infrastructure.
- With a single click, you can install software like WordPress.
- With all of their promotions and the fact that WordPress hosting has some drawbacks compared to the cheaper Shared hosting, the pricing is a little unclear. We noticed the same thing with VPS hosting.
- It would be good if all plans included unlimited data.
Compared to all of the finest WordPress providers on the market, Flywheel has one of the cleanest, easiest-to-use dashboards and setup processes. And that’s precisely what it is: a managed WordPress host with cost-effective options, a gorgeous online interface, and an easy-to-use setting process. In a nutshell, Flywheel makes life simple for everyone. You may run a whole agency by white labelling and giving off responsibility to clients, or you can manage one site for a low price.
- Even though Flywheel offers a Growth Suite that includes hosting, billing, and client administration, we’ll focus on the managed hosting plans:
- Tiny: $13 per month for one site, 5k visits, 5 GB storage, 20 GB bandwidth, SSL certificates, the Genesis framework, plugin security alerts, caching, a CDN, collaboration, backups, site cloning, Google Analytics, a free demo site, local development, free migrations, 24/7 live chat support, managed plugin updates, and optimization insights.
- Starter: For $25 per month, you get one site, 25k visits, 10 GB of storage, 50 GB of bandwidth, and all of the features of the preceding plan.
- Freelance: $96 a month for up to 10 sites, 100k visits, 20 GB storage, 200 GB bandwidth, everything in the other plans, plus multisite support.
- Agency: $242 a month for up to 30 sites, 400k visits, 50 GB storage, 500 GB bandwidth, everything in the previous plans, plus a migration dashboard, phone support, and a dedicated account manager.
- They also provide personalized plans.
- Flywheel does an excellent job of providing managed hosting for small businesses.
- To strengthen security, all users acquire SSL certificates.
- The Genesis Framework makes it simple to create a website.
- Flywheel offers security alerts for plugins, auto-healing technology, and other security measures.
- For quicker speeds, there is a CDN.
- Every plan includes caching as a standard feature.
- If you plan to use this for clients, you can transfer billing with a single click.
- Nightly backups aid security.
- From the Flywheel dashboard, you can clone and demo sites.
- Flywheel has one of the best user interfaces of any web server.
- The pricing plans aren’t the most cost-effective. Although Flywheel’s pricing is significantly reduced, you’ll notice that the plans are restricted in terms of site visits and storage.
- Multisite support is only available on the $96 per month Freelance plan.
Thanks to its relationship with Google Cloud Platform, Kinsta offers a high-powered managed hosting platform with one of the fastest infrastructures for putting your site online. Users get a secure hosting environment, automated backups, caching, and a content delivery network without paying the hefty rates of cloud hosting. Not only that, but the Kinsta dashboard is sleek and easy to use, with direct links to online resources (such as a knowledgebase) and customer service representatives.
Kinsta is more expensive than most of the other hosts on this list, but due to its unrivalled speed and comprehensive features, it’s one of the finest deals.
The following are the pricing plans:
- Starter: $30 per month includes one WordPress installation, 25k visits, 10 GB of disc space, a free SSL, CDN, staging, and migrations.
- Pro: For $60 per month, you get two WordPress installations, 50k visits, 20 GB of storage space, and all of the features of the previous level.
- Business 1: Starting at $100 per month for 5 WordPress installations, 100k visits, 30 GB of disc space, and all of the features of the preceding plans.
- Business 2: For $200 per month, you get 10 WordPress installations, 250k visits, 40 GB of disc space, and all of the features of the previous plans.
- Business 3: For $300 per month, you get 20 WordPress installations, 400k visits, 50 GB of disc space, and all of the features of the previous levels.
- Business 4: For $400 per month, you get 40 WordPress installations, 600,000 visits, 60 GB of disc space, and all of the features of the preceding levels.
- Enterprise 1 – 4: Monthly fees range from $600-$1,500 for 60-150 WordPress installations, 1M-3M visits, 100-250 GB of disc space, and everything else included in the preceding plans.
- Kinsta’s setup and management methods are unrivalled. Not only is it simple to switch hosts, but you can also build many websites with a single click.
- The MyKinsta dashboard is simple to use, even for beginners.
- Because you get to host your site on the most significant cloud servers globally and get things like an SSL, CDN, and staging for a reasonable price, Kinsta pricing plans are more valuable than most competitors.
- With the Kinsta price structure, scaling up your business and the entire website is a breeze.
- To protect the security of your website, Kinsta offers self-healing technology and backup preservation.
- You’ll always have someone to help you out, thanks to the 24/7 support (along with a wealth of online resources).
- Multi-user environments are included in all plans.
- There are 29 data centre sites to choose from.
- Kinsta is a company that specializes in hacking and virus cleanup.
- In multiple staging environments, test plugins, templates, and website designs.
- You can white-label your website designs and sell them to customers.
- Because of the Google Cloud Platform, MariaDB, and Nginx, Kinsta is arguably the fastest web host.
- Multisite support is not available on the Starter plan.
- While we think Kinsta is a terrific bargain, it is undeniably more expensive than the competition.
Cloudways offers a managed cloud hosting solution that is simple to use and worry-free, regardless of the size of your website network. Given that Cloudways’ servers include a built-in CDN, auto-healing features, and automated backups, it’s difficult to top the performance you get from them. Not to mention that you may choose from five cloud providers, access an endless supply of applications, and take command with the intuitive control panel.
- Cloudways pricing is dependent on the cloud hosting plan you choose. For example, you can utilize AWS (Amazon Web Services), DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, or Google Cloud.
- We won’t go over all of them, but we will cover the essentials using DigitalOcean:
- Monthly fees are $12 for 1 GB RAM, one core, 25 GB of storage, and 1 TB of bandwidth. 24/7 support, a CDN add-on, free migration, free SSL, dedicated firewalls, auto-healing, automated backups, and caching.
- For $50 a month, you get 4 GB of RAM, two cores, 80 GB of storage, and 4 TB of bandwidth. Everything from the previous plan is included, and some more features like Object Cache Pro.
- $26 a month includes 2 GB RAM, one core, 5 GB storage, 2 TB bandwidth, and all previous plans.
- For $96 per month, you get 8 GB of RAM, four cores, 160 GB of storage, 5 TB of bandwidth, and all of the preceding options.
- Pricing for other cloud hosting companies varies as well. AWS, for example, starts at roughly $36 per month when purchased through Cloudways.
- You have the option of selecting from five different cloud hosting companies.
- Some cloud hosting services have unique characteristics, such as AWS’s limitless application installations or Google Cloud’s offsite backup storage.
- To keep your site safe, all plans include automated backups.
- Other security solutions include auto-healing, security patching, and SSL certificates, among others.
- Object caching works nicely with the CDN add-on to speed up your site.
- Cloudways offers collaboration team management capabilities.
- The staging environment helps you try out new tools and experiment with your design.
- You’ll get HTTP/2 servers as well as SSH and SFTP access.
- Interacting with the five cloud provider systems is perplexing for typical consumers. Many people, for example, will be confused by the distinctions (advantages/disadvantages) between AWS and Google Cloud.
- Except for the basic plans from DigitalOcean and Linode, the pricing isn’t remarkably inexpensive for smaller sites.
GoDaddy is well known for its domain registration services, but it also provides economical and dependable hosting. GoDaddy is one of the top web hosting solutions since it provides excellent customer service, low prices, and a competent website builder that works with WordPress.
The following are some of the plans:
- Economy: One website, 100 GB of storage, ten databases, unmetered bandwidth, a one-click WordPress installation, and promotions such as a free domain and email address for a year starting at $5.99 per month.
- Deluxe: Standard performance, unlimited websites, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, 25 databases, and everything from the preceding package start at $7.99 per month.
- Ultimate: For $12.99 a year, you get improved processing power, limitless websites, all of the previous options, plus a free SSL certificate.
- Maximum: Starting at $19.99 per month, get limitless websites, everything from the previous plans, plus unlimited free SSLs for all websites with GoDaddy’s highest level of processing capacity and speed.
- GoDaddy is close to becoming the cheapest hosting solution available that does not skyrocket following promotional periods.
- With 100 GB of storage and ten databases, even the Economy plan is a terrific deal.
- The control panel is simple to use, and you can install WordPress with a single click.
- To provide information to users faster, you can choose from several worldwide data centres.
- With GoDaddy, scaling up a website is simple, as you can boost elements like CPU, storage, and I/O with a single click. Your plan can also be upgraded at any moment.
- Over 150 free software, including Joomla, WordPress, and Windows, are available to you.
- GoDaddy has a good website builder that works well with WordPress and offers a variety of themes to choose from when starting a design.
- GoDaddy has a WooCommerce-compatible ecommerce plugin pre-installed. You’ll get paid faster and pay lower transaction costs this way.
- You can’t get an SSL until you upgrade to one of the higher tiers.
- The complimentary items, such as the email address, domain, and SSL certificate, usually only last for the first year.
- The majority of promotional pricing necessitates a three-year commitment.
Which of the Best Web Hosting Companies is the Best for You?
Each web server in our ranks, from SiteGround to GoDaddy, has its own set of benefits. For the most excellent web hosting value, we recommend SiteGround, but WP Engine is the best option for people who want the fastest site with managed WordPress hosting–just be prepared to pay a bit more. Try GreenGeeks if you want to work with an environmentally conscious host. Dreamhost and GoDaddy are two other low-cost web hosting (or even Bluehost). Consider Kinsta, Flywheel, and Cloudways as alternate managed hosting solutions with fast speeds. Simply look for choices that include a money-back guarantee of at least 30 days (that way, you can test them out). Then tell us in the comments which web hosting providers you think are the best!