Dropshipping AliExpress products directly to Shopify is simple if you are looking for an efficient method. You will learn how to automate your sales process to quickly make profits.
What are the most difficult challenges when you consider starting an ecommerce business? Is it difficult to source merchandise or find storage space? Are there high upfront costs that could result in a loss of profits? Are there hidden shipping or packaging costs?
Dropshipping is a great way to solve all these problems.
Dropshipping refers to when you sell a product and then pass the order on to a third-party supplier. The supplier then ships your order. You make a significant profit even though you put in very little effort.
This sounds amazing, right? Dropshipping is growing in popularity due to:
- Earn more money
- You can be your boss
- You don’t need to keep a physical inventory so you can work from wherever you want.
- Get started today with very little or no upfront cost
The problem is that you can only achieve the above points if your research is thorough. Dropshipping can be a very lucrative business but it takes a lot of knowledge. This guide was created to help you. We created this guide to help you get started with Shopify.
This guide will show you:
- Dropshipping AliExpress customers into Shopify is a great combination
- Important information about payment and return policies on both the marketplaces
- How to open a Shopify store
- Automated assistants: How to make more money
Let’s start with some information about AliExpress & Shopify.
Shopify Shopify is available to anyone, anywhere. Shopify provides powerful tools to help you create stunning e-commerce sites. The built-in tools allow you to create, execute and analyze digital marketing campaigns. Shopify boasts more than 1,000,000 stores worldwide, and a combined revenue exceeding $200 billion.
AliExpress Alibaba founded this huge online marketplace. AliExpress offers almost every product you could need, and it is cheaper than Amazon and other similar sites.
Dropshipping between these marketplaces is a good idea.
Dropshipping AliExpress products is simple to Shopify. Shopify allows dropshipping . This is a huge deal for eBay and other marketplaces.
Furthermore, Shopify is SO dropshipping-friendly that it even developed Oberlo, which is a marketplace that helps e-commerce sellers find great AliExpress products. Oberlo imports your product to your Shopify store with just a click. In the guide, we’ll show how to use Oberlo.
A few more quick Shopify facts:
- It is the most widely used e-commerce platform in the world ( 20% market share).
- It is third in online retail after Amazon and eBay USA.
- Shopify has over 100 themes that will help you build the perfect store.
- Shopify plans start from $29 per month, which is very affordable.
AliExpress products are a great choice. They are very affordable. AliExpress sellers can sell you a product at a fraction the market price. It is possible to increase the cost of a product in your Shopify store by anywhere from 300% to 400%. This can help you make a huge profit. AliExpress offers a large selection of products. AliExpress sells almost any product, with the exception of weapons and software. AliExpress is the best place for niche products, if you have an idea. AliExpress Marketplace is easy to use. AliExpress Dropshipping Center allows you to see which products are most popular with dropshippers.
Dropshipping with AliExpress is completely free! There is no need to purchase inventory in bulk.
Here’s something you might want to ask yourself:
Simply put, customer service makes all the difference. Perhaps you can build a trusting brand that customers are comfortable buying from. You might offer additional services that help build strong customer-seller relationships. Marketing might be your forte. A customer may be satisfied with your product and will not seek out other products if they have seen it.
In short, AliExpress is low-risk and affordable. You can also find niche products that are profitable through its wide selection of products. Shopify uses Oberlo to import these products directly from AliExpress. Shopify hosts your shop, and provides marketing tools. AliExpress suppliers ship product order. It is easy to find the right products, and provide great customer service. Automated assistants can make this even easier. This will be covered in more detail later.
Shopify vs AliExpress – What’s the Difference?
While AliExpress and Shopify may be related to the ecommerce sector, there are important differences. AliExpress is a marketplace that lets you buy low-cost products directly from multiple vendors. Shopify is an ecommerce platform that allows you to create and manage your online store.
This is a further illustration of the difference. When you visit Aliexpress.com, you’ll immediately see a dashboard with popular products, flash sale and featured stores. Shopify.com has no vendors. Instead, you’ll find information about Shopify.com and pricing for shop owners. There is also a button that will allow you to request a free trial.
AliExpress or Shopify can’t be used together. You must list your products on AliExpress and Shopify. AliExpress is required to source and dropship your items.
How to connect AliExpress Dropshipping to Your Shopify Account
Oberlo is the best method to add AliExpress products to your Shopify account. This can be done in two ways.
Oberlo’s search feature allows you to add products.
- Click “Find Products” on your Oberlo dashboard.
- Use the search bar to find niche products that are profitable for you to add to your store.
- Once you’ve found the product you wish to add to Shopify, hover over it to click “Add to Import List.”
- Once you have added the item, you should edit the details before you upload it to Shopify. If necessary, check for typos in the description and adjust delivery time.
AliExpress.com lets you add products.
- Install the Oberlo Chrome extension.
- Use Chrome to access Aliexpress.com
- Shop for the product that interests you.
- Look in the upper right corner to see the Oberlo icon. To add the product to Oberlo’s import list, click it.
No matter what method you use, Oberlo can find your products on its import file. Before your products can go into your store, you will need to complete another step. You can import individual products or large quantities of products by going to Oberlo dashboard. Now your imported products will be visible in the Products section of your Shopify admin page.
Consider another thing to remember when importing: What if your Shopify store doesn’t have all the variants of a product? If you have 40 colors and patterns, you might only need 5 shades. Select the version that you don’t want to sell by clicking on the Variants tab of your Oberlo Import List. Click “Import to Store”
Shopify’s Oberlo service allows you to ship AliExpress products directly from your website to your customers. Orders that contain AliExpress.com products will be processed by the Chrome extension. Oberlo automatically adds the shipping information of your customer to AliExpress.com orders for fulfillment.
Alternativly you can also place orders via Oberlo’s dashboard. Go to the Orders Page and scroll down to the order that you want to fulfill. Click “Order Product.” AliExpress will take you to your shipping information. To confirm your order, click “Confirm”.
Shopify allows you to customize your ecommerce website almost in every way. You can manage shipping policies, returns, payments, as well as the checkout process and discount codes. We’ll be discussing payments and returns below.
Shopify Payments is now available for stores in certain countries. This is the easiest method to accept payments at your store. If you’re eligible, we recommend you sign up to Shopify Payments.
There are many advantages.
- Easier order management
- Faster checkouts increase conversions
- Payouts are fast and predictable
- Simple pricing
- Facilitated chargeback administration
Shopify Payments makes it easy to stop spending time activating third party payment methods and instead start selling with one click. All accounts are eligible for Shopify Payments. You just need to turn it on.
Shopify does not support your business. You will need another payment gateway. Visit this page to see which Shopify websites accept payments from your country.
Shopify’s Settings page allows you to access the Legal section. You can then add store policies and create them. You can either create them yourself or use a template. Once the store policies are added to the legal section they will automatically link to the footer on your checkout page.
This freedom gives you the ability to choose your return policy. Dropshipping to eBay customers would require you to follow eBay’s guidelines. This means that you need to craft a policy that does not disadvantage or alienate your customers.
These points should be covered in your return policy
- Which items can be returned and which can exchange?
- What are the items that are “finally sold?”
- The manufacturer allows returns within the specified time frames.
- The following items can be returned: Product of equal or greater worth, store credit, refund, and so on.
- How can you start the return?
An RMA (return merchandise authorization) can be used to reduce the time it takes to serve customers. Customers can request a return and receive a pre-paid label along with an RMA number. The product will then be shipped back to them. You can relist approved products in your store and analyze the financial impact of returns. To set up an RMA system in your store, we recommend using Shopify’s AfterShip returns centre.
AliExpress is not a selling platform. You should be more concerned about the buyer settings than the seller.
AliExpress’ Buyer Protection System is available for every order. If you fulfill at least one condition, you could be eligible for a complete refund.
- Because the items were not correctly described, the seller refused to accept a return.
- AliExpress will reimburse 300% for a fake item that was sent to your address.
- Because the item was not received on time, the seller refused to accept a return.
AliExpress lets you make payments with the following payment options: bank transfer (Visa MasterCard, Moneybookers, and QIWI). Some sellers also accept PayPal.
AliExpress gives customers an extra 15 days to return the product. Any seller that offers free returns on a product can be viewed.
Perhaps you are asking yourself these questions:
How do you return an AliExpress Order?
Log in to create an account. Next, visit the “My Orders” section. Click on the order that you want to return after the buyer has received the product. Next, select “Open Dispute”.
Here you can initiate a refund or return process for the customer. It is crucial that you request proof from the buyer that the item has a problem to help you recover your losses. AliExpress sellers may refuse to return the item. In this case, you will need to pay the customer directly. Dropshippers who offer refunds on defective items are advised to avoid this.
Another thing to be aware of is customs. Depending on the shipping method chosen, your package will be handled either by private couriers (or the postal system in your country). When you select a local postal service, an identification code will be provided to you. This code is available on the AliExpress platform and on your national postal services website. One of these statuses may be available to you:
- Waiting for the carrier to pick you up
- Not found
- Get back to the source
- Security check failed
If there are no problems, your customer’s package is delivered to their local postal office.
What happens if the product is shipped via private courier? These couriers work closely with Customs to track the exact location of your package and whether it was remanded at customs. Private couriers can be reached for questions regarding customs, as they usually handle smaller volumes than the post office.
The Key Points of Startup
Now you know how to use Aliexpress or Shopify. Are you ready for the big leap? These are the key points that startups should consider, no matter how much you hesitate or feel. Dropshipping can be risky if these complexities are not taken into account. Dropshipping could result in a loss of profit or a steep learning curve.
- A niche store is often more successful than a bigger store. Which makeup store would you rather shop at? Which makeup store would you prefer to shop at? Even if they sell identical products, the makeup shop will be perceived as being more knowledgeable than the others. This will allow beauty lovers to have a more personalized shopping experience. This will make it easier to develop a marketing strategy and reach your target market for your niche store.
- Dropshipping of certain products is not recommended. Dropshipping fragile products or brand-name items (in the case if knockoffs is possible) is not advised.
- Do your research before you make a decision about a supplier. AliExpress has some suppliers that aren’t reliable. You should partner with someone who has a high score on AliExpress, great customer service, and free shipping options.
- Choose a Shopify domain that is memorable. Pay close attention to niche keywords. This will help you rank higher on Google’s SERPs. This will improve trust and visibility for you shop. Your domain name should not be too long or difficult to remember.
The Essential Steps
These are the steps to take to profit from your Shopify Dropshipping Shop!
Choose a Profitable Niche
Choose a niche that you wish to sell before you open your Shopify store. For new sellers, a niche shop is better than a general store. It is important to be different from the rest. Selling trendy decorative ceramics is much easier than selling all types of home decor.
Your product shouldn’t be placed in an unprofitable market. Research can be done using Alitools to find products with high demand, high profit and low supply.
AliExpress is a huge marketplace that houses hundreds of thousands sellers. How do you select the right vendors? There are hundreds of vendors that could sell the products you need to add to your shop. However, it is not practical to spend too much time researching each one. This is how you find dropshippers who are the best.
- To see the products that have received the most orders, you can sort your search.
- Click on the products that you like, then click on the suppliers. Look for products that have a positive feedback score greater than 97%.
- Review the product and take the time to look at the photos.
- It is important to check whether dropshipping can be done in the country you sell.
- You should carefully read their guarantees. This includes shipping time and money-back guarantees.
- To see how quickly they respond, you can message them. It is important to make sure that your supplier responds promptly to any questions during an order.
These steps will help you narrow down your search to a quality supplier that is reliable and pleasant to work with. To find the best suppliers in your niche, you can use automated assistants such as Alitools and Zik Analytics. It only takes a few clicks.
Your Online Store
Shopify lets you customize your online store in any way that you want. It is easy to use and does not require any programming knowledge. Shopify’s online storebuilder is robust. It features professionally designed themes you can modify as necessary. Shopify Template Store has beautiful templates that you can use to create e-commerce websites. Every theme is compatible with any device, mobile or tablet.
These steps will be followed once you have decided on the theme.
– Use Oberlo’s dashboard to add products or the Chrome extension.
– Create key pages for your website (Contact Page FAQ page About Page Policy page).
You can personalize your shipping settings
Configure your tax settings
– Select a payment gateway or method of payout
Start your shop
Shopify has published a great guide to creating an online store. We recommend it.
Promote Your Business
Shopify offers a full suite of features to help you market and promote an e-commerce site. Some options include:
- Discounts and coupons can help increase sales. You can assign a dollar amount, a percentage or shipping discount.
- Send targeted emails
- Connect your store to social media plugins, so customers can share your products with their friends and followers.
- Google Ads is an excellent way to promote your store. Shopify members who are first to sign up receive a $100 Google Ads credit
- To see which marketing strategies are working, keep an eye on your analytics.
Receive your first order processed
You can set up either manual or automated order fulfillment. Only need to make sure that automatic fulfillment is enabled in your checkout settings. After payment has been received, all line items will be fulfilled. Customers will be notified about shipment.
If you are doing it manually, you will need to create your shipping label and mark the order complete. Dropshipping products? We recommend automating order fulfillment.
Analyze the data
Your analytics should be reviewed after the initial few weeks. These analytics can provide insight into your business problems. It’s a continuous process. It is a good idea to check in every week. It is important to also look at long-term trends. These are questions you should ask:
- Do you have any barriers that keep your visitors from purchasing items from your website?
- Visitors can increase their motivation by doing these things. What can visitors do for increased motivation?
- Are all of the products on your store page relevant?
- Does the product have a clear value?
- Which landing pages are your customers most likely to visit?
- Targeted ads can bring customers in
Your business will be easier when you choose the right assistants
Automated dropshipping assistants can be purchased in many formats. They will automate your business, and provide valuable insight. Here are some of the most requested.
Alitools Shopping Assistant
The Alitools extension can be added to the app. You can also use the app for real-time price updates, product reviews, and to view similar products sorted according to popularity, price, rating, etc. It’s easy to find information about suppliers, products, and more.
ZIK analytics targets eBay sellers more than Shopify sellers. You can add eBay to Shopify. ZIK Analytics can conduct market research for AliExpress or eBay if you choose to do so. You can find profitable products to market, rank your products higher than the competition, and determine the best keywords for SEO optimization. AliExpress allows you to review the seller metrics and identify trustworthy sellers. This is an easy way to quickly get rid of the long guide.
Our earlier guide covered Oberlo in great detail. Shopify can also be used to dropship from other marketplaces.
- AliDropship Instant access to more than 50,000 bestsellers on AliExpress. A 7-day trial is included, and then a $19/month subscription.
- Import items to AliExpress or eBay. Dropified You will receive a 14-day free trial and a $17/month subscription. Your subscription includes step-by-step eCom training.
Dropshipping AliExpress products directly to your Shopify shop is a great way for you to quickly test and confirm business ideas. You don’t need to purchase inventory nor pay upfront capital. Shopify’s monthly subscription is all you need. This is very reasonable. If an item isn’t being sold, you can remove it from your shop. You can then use an automated assistant like Alitools to find another product.
Finding a niche product that is well-known can help you start a passive income. Shopify fills your orders automatically, dropshippers ship product to you, and all you need is customer service. Automating even that is possible. With a little marketing and research, your e-commerce dropshipping site will be a success.