Do you have any form of online membership programme? Or do you offer your products and services as a subscription-based or SaaS-based service?
In any case, you’ll need a recurring billing system to collect money from your customers.…
And one such possibility is Recurly.
So, in this review, we’ll look at Recurly’s price plans, essential features, benefits, drawbacks, and final views on the automatic recurring billing platform.
Let’s get started! There’s a lot of lands to cover, so let’s get started!
Recurly.com, as we’ve already mentioned, is a recurring billing platform that makes it simple to manage to continue subscription-based online card payments.
It’s a payment gateway that connects your business to your preferred payment processors (for US vendors). Recurly also has its built-in virtual terminal, which allows you to take credit card information from your subscribers over the phone.
The Recurly team, founded in 2009 and launched in 2010, soon recognized the popularity of online subscription products and services. They quickly understood that this type of business would necessitate user-friendly recurring billing software.
The client list for Recurly is quite amazing. Sling TV, BarkBox, Asana, DISH Digital, Hubspot, LinkedIn, FabFitFun, Cinemark, and Fubo. Tv is just a few of the thriving subscription businesses you’ll find here. Recurly has helped tens of thousands of businesses with subscription billing in 42 countries.
‘Flexible Plans to Scale Any Business,’ according to Recurly’s paid packages. There are three plans available on the platform:
It’s important noting that you can test each of these programmes for free before investing your hard-earned money.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the Recurly price plans…
The Core Package
The Core package is the first of the Recurly price levels. This is the greatest option for online merchants ready to start automating their operations. You may start receiving payments within hours with this plan!
The Core plan will cost you $149 per month plus 0.9 per cent of your revenue, and you’ll get the following in return:
- On your Recurly account, you can add up to five people.
- With just one payment gateway, you can process consumer transactions.
- You may make hosted payment pages and launch them.
- You gain access to customer communication and invoicing systems that are automated.
- You’ll be able to pay with a credit card.
- You’ll have access to ready-to-use reports that provide crucial business insights.
- Recurly’s coupon and discounting options are available to you.
- You get access to online chat-based help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Professional Package
This strategy is a step forward. It’s great for individuals scaling their subscription business and charging up to $10 million per year. You’ll soon be able to boost your revenue growth thanks to its more flexible payment alternatives.
For a personalized quote, Recurly recommends contacting their sales team.
You’ll get everything in the Core package plus the following:
- You can add up to 20 users to your account.
- You can use up to two payment gateways to execute consumer transactions.
- You have the option of creating up to five custom fields.
- Recurly, JS is made available to you.
- You may connect to popular business software like QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office 365.
- Manual payments, invoices, and calendar billing can all be created.
- You’ll appreciate that your credit card information is updated regularly.
- Recurly’s revenue optimization engine and smart dunning management are available to you.
- You have the option of accepting various payment methods.
- You have access to phone and online chat support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Elite Package
Finally, there’s the Elite plan, which is Recurly’s most comprehensive bundle. It’s the appropriate solution for merchants with more than $10 million yearly subscription billing revenues and who want complete control and flexibility over their billing strategy.
You’ll need to contact Recurly’s sales staff, exactly like with the Pro package, to get a quote.
Everything from the previous two programmes is included, as well as the following:
- More than 20 people can be added to your account.
- You can use any of Recurly’s 20+ supported payment gateways to execute consumer transactions.
- More than five custom fields are possible.
- Every month, you’ll get billions of API calls and limitless webhooks.
- You have access to dynamic gateway routing and automatic gateway failover.
- You’ll profit from revenue recognition, pricing, and billing models in almost every situation.
- You’ll better understand your business and customers thanks to Recurly’s powerful analytics.
- Multilingual customer communication options, local payment methods, and multi-currency support are all available.
- You’ll have access to many configurable connectors, including CRM, accounting software, customer service, tax, and fraud management.
- A dedicated customer success manager is assigned to you.
Recurly Pros and Cons
Let’s begin with the advantages:
- Recurly is highly user-friendly and simple to set up.
- You’ll have access to a powerful set of highly configurable and seamless integrations.
- Recurly complies with PCI Level 1 requirements (which is what enables Recurly to store credit cards on your behalf)
- You’ll have access to various payment options (without being locked into any of them).
- Customer service at Recurly is said to be exceptional.
- Recurly’s powerful credit card retry logic technology means you’ll experience fewer credit card declines, one of its unique selling features. Recurly allows them to fix over 60 frequent credit card transaction problems, resulting in a 27 per cent reduction in credit card denials.
Now for the disadvantages:
- Customers of Recurly said they’d want to see a tool that allows them to create a single payment invoice that lists all of the client’s past due invoices.
- Recently page load times were poor, and sessions timed out quickly after brief periods of inactivity, according to one customer.
Compatible Processors from Recurly
The majority of major credit card processors and gateways are integrated with Recurly.
Consider the following example:
- Amazon Payments
- Chase Paymentech
- First Information
- Merchant Services
Please note that before you can integrate and use your selected supplier with Recurly, you’ll need to register a merchant account with them. You’ll also need to budget for your provider’s payment processing rates.
Frequently Appearing Features
Some of these were stated in the Recurly pricing section, but we felt it would be helpful to go through some of Recurly’s features in greater depth.
Top Tip: Keep an eye on Recurly’s website to know about any new features they introduce.
Payment Pages That Are Hosted
You have complete control over the creation, management, and activation of hosted payment pages. These are PCI-compliant checkout pages that make it easier to make online purchases. These pages can be customized with your logo and the payment fields you need. You’ll also be glad to learn that these pages are mobile-friendly, allowing shoppers to complete their smartphone or tablet transactions.
Management of Subscriptions
With Recurly’s subscription plan administration capabilities, you can provide your customers with more options. You can, for example, build custom subscription plans to fit their requirements. It doesn’t matter if you want to accommodate different billing cycles or pricing tiers; Recurly can do it.
Also, don’t be concerned if your consumers decide to upgrade or downgrade their subscription. Recurly prorates their payments for you, so you don’t have to!
Customers should be given a trial period, and one-time fees should be set.
You can set up a free trial period with Recurly if your subscriptions include one.
You tell them how long you want the trial to last, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Similarly, if your product or service has a one-time fee (customer support, setup fees, insurance, etc.), you can include that cost when setting up your subscription plan in Recurly.
Collection of Sales Tax
Your sales tax can be calculated and collected via Recurly. This platform stays up to current on all of the most current tax rules and rates, and it uses this information to direct its sales tax collection. It even handles European VAT, which is a huge plus.
Invoicing and Metered Billing
You may also design and send standard invoices and track if the customer has paid in full or partially. Metered billing is the same; Recurly likewise accepts this type of consumer payment.
Automatic Billing Updates
It’s not uncommon for consumers to change their credit cards or contact information without informing their subscription providers. Payments would normally be delayed, if not declined, due to this.
Recurly, on the other hand, verifies your customers’ credit card information with Visa and Master Card to verify that payments are processed using the most up-to-date billing information.
Portability of data
You have access to your transaction data and card data that have been saved. So, if you decide to change providers, you’ll be able to move all of your data to the new platform.
Recurly is extremely safe. It complies with PCI-DSS Level 1 requirements (the highest level of PCI compliance). Furthermore, it encrypts data, strictly adheres to industry norms for secure coding, and stores your data in data centres with top-notch physical and network security.
Recurly’s reporting feature includes an exceedingly user-friendly analytics dashboard. You can keep track of your most important metrics, such as your subscription churn rate, plan performance, sales revenue, and retention rate, with just a glance.
You can also create reports covering many business areas and filter them by date range, currency, and other factors.
The best part is that you can turn these reports into simple graphs and charts. These are fantastic data visualizations that can aid you and your team make quick comparisons and spotting trends.
Who’s Recurly Best For?
In a nutshell, Recurly is the finest option for merchants in the United States searching for enterprise-level recurring billing administration. This platform provides the infrastructure to support your needs, whether you’re selling a few subscription-based products or hundreds.
Please note, however, that Recurly does not offer a Salesforce connector at the time of writing. If this is your CRM of choice, you’ll either need bespoke programming to connect the two platforms, or you’ll have to find it elsewhere.
Are you satisfied with the pricing plans offered by Recurly? Are you prepared to use Recurly?
After reading this Recurly review, we hope that you have a better understanding of whether this automated subscription billing system is the appropriate fit for your company. Are the Recurly pricing packages within your price range?