Table of Contents
- 1 Why dropship between these marketplaces?
- 2 How to connect AliExpress Dropshipping with Your Shopify Account
- 3 The Main Points of Startup
- 3.1 The Basic Steps
- 3.2 Make your business easier – choose your assistants
- 4 Conclusion
Dropshipping AliExpress products to Shopify is easy if you’re looking for an efficient way to do it. We will show you how to use automated tools to make quick profits.
When you think of starting an e-commerce company, what are the biggest challenges? How difficult is it to source merchandise and find a storage space? Are you paying large upfront costs that could lead to a loss of profit? Are there hidden shipping and packaging costs?
Dropshipping makes it easy to solve all of these problems.
Dropshipping is when you sell a product, and then pass on the order to a third party supplier. The supplier then ships the order to you. You make a substantial profit, even though there is very little effort on your part.
It sounds great, right? Dropshipping is gaining popularity because:
- More money is earned
- You can be your boss
- As you don’t have to maintain a physical inventory, you can work wherever you like.
- Start today with minimal to no upfront costs
Here’s the problem: You can achieve all the above points if you spend the time researching what you are doing. Dropshipping is a lucrative business, but it requires a lot of learning. This is why we created this guide. We wanted to make it easy for you to start your Shopify store.
This guide will teach you:
- Dropshipping AliExpress customers to Shopify is a great pairing
- Important information regarding payment and return policies for both the marketplaces
- Steps to open your Shopify store
- How to make more money with automated assistants
We’d like you to start by giving you some important information about AliExpress and Shopify.
Shopify Anyone can create an online business with Shopify from anywhere! Shopify offers powerful tools that will help you build stunning e-commerce websites. You can also use the built-in tools to create, implement and analyze digital marketing campaigns. Shopify has over 1,000,000 stores around the globe, with a combined revenue of more than $200 billion.
AliExpress This is an enormous online marketplace that was founded by Alibaba, a Chinese firm. AliExpress sells almost any product that you might need and is much cheaper than Amazon or other similar sites.
Why dropship between these marketplaces?
Dropshipping AliExpress products to Shopify is easy. Shopify is a marketplace that allows dropshipping. This is a big deal for eBay and other marketplaces.
Furthermore, Shopify is SO dropshipping-friendly that it even developed Oberlo, which is a marketplace that helps e-commerce sellers find great AliExpress products. Oberlo imports the product to your Shopify store by simply clicking a button. We’ll show you how to use Oberlo in the guide.
A few more quick Shopify facts:
- It is the world’s most used e-commerce platform ( 20% market share).
- It is the third largest online retailer after Amazon and eBay in the US.
- Shopify offers over 100 themes to help you create the perfect store.
- Shopify plans start at $29 per month and are quite affordable.
Why choose AliExpress products? They are extremely affordable. AliExpress vendors can sell you a product for a fraction of the market price. You can also increase its cost in your Shopify store by between 300% and 400%, making a great profit. AliExpress has a huge inventory of products. With the exception of software and weapons, almost anything can be sold on AliExpress. AliExpress is the best place to source niche products if you have an idea. It’s simple to use AliExpress Marketplace. You can also see what products are popular among dropshippers if you use AliExpress Dropshipping Center.
Dropshipping from AliExpress is free! Once a customer buys a product in your Shopify store, all you need to do is place an Order! You don’t need to buy inventory in bulk.
Here’s a question you might be asking yourself:
Simple: customer service is what makes the difference. Maybe you can create a trusted brand that customers feel comfortable buying from. Perhaps you offer additional services to build strong customer-seller relationships. Perhaps your expertise lies in marketing. If a customer sees your product, and is satisfied with it, they may not look for other products.
In summary, AliExpress has low risk and is affordable. It also offers a wide range of products that will allow you to find niche items that are profitable. Oberlo is used by Shopify to import these items directly from AliExpress. Shopify hosts your shop and offers marketing tools. AliExpress suppliers ship product orders. You only need to find the right products and offer great customer service. This can be made even easier with automated assistants. More on this later.
Shopify vs AliExpress: What’s The Difference?
Although AliExpress and Shopify are both related to the ecommerce industry, there are key differences. AliExpress, on the other hand, is a marketplace that allows you to buy low-cost products from many vendors from one location. Shopify, on the other hand is an ecommerce platform that helps you create and host your online store.
This further illustrates the difference.When visiting Aliexpress.com you will immediately be presented with a dashboard that includes popular products, flash sales, and featured stores. Shopify.com has no vendors. Instead, you will find information about the platform and pricing for shop owners as well as a button to get a free trial.
You can’t work with AliExpress and Shopify on their own. Both Shopify and AliExpress are required to list your products. AliExpress is needed to source and dropship the items.
How to connect AliExpress Dropshipping with Your Shopify Account
Oberlo is the best way to add AliExpress products into your Shopify account. There are two ways to do this.
Oberlo’s search function allows you to add products.
- Click “Find Products” on your Oberlo dashboard.
- You can use the search bar to locate niche products that are profitable and you would like to add to your shop.
- After you have found the product that you want to add to your Shopify shop, hover over it and click “Add To Import List.”
- After you have added it, make sure to modify the details before you import the item to Shopify. Check for typos in your description and adjust the delivery time, if needed.
AliExpress.com allows you to add products.
- Install the Oberlo Chrome extension.
- Use Chrome to access Aliexpress.com
- Visit a product you want to add to your shop.
- Look at the Oberlo icon in the upper right corner of your web browser. Click it to add the product to your Oberlo import list.
No matter which method you choose to use, your products can now be found on your Oberlo import file. You will need to go through another step before your products can be placed in your store. Go to Oberlo dashboard, click “Import List”, and you can either import individual products or bulk quantities. Your imported products will now be visible on your Shopify admin page in the Products section.
Another consideration to consider when import: What if you don’t want to include all variants of a product in your Shopify store. You might only need 5 shades of a phone case if you have 40 colors or patterns. Click on the Variants tab in your Oberlo Import List and select the version you do not want to sell. Then click “Import To Store”.
Shopify’s Oberlo service makes it easy to ship AliExpress products directly to your customers. The Chrome extension will process orders that include AliExpress.com products. The Oberlo extension automatically adds your customer’s shipping details to orders placed on AliExpress.com for fulfillment.
Alternativly, you can also place orders from Oberlo’s dashboard. Simply go to the Orders Page, scroll down to the order you wish to fulfill and click “Order Product.” AliExpress will redirect you to your shipment information. Click confirm to finalize your order.
Shopify lets you customize your ecommerce website in almost every way possible. You can control shipping policies, returns and payments as well as the checkout process, discount codes, analytics, promotions and much more. Below, we’ll discuss payments and returns.
Shopify Payments is available to stores in certain countries. This is the easiest way to accept payments in your store. We recommend that you sign up for Shopify Payments if you are eligible.
There are many benefits.
- Easier order management
- Conversions are increased by faster checkouts
- Payouts are quick and predictable
- Simple pricing
- Streamlined chargeback administration
Shopify Payments allows you to stop wasting time activating third parties for each payment method, and instead, start selling in one click. Shopify Payments are available to all accounts that are eligible. All you have to do is turn it on.
If your business is not supported by Shopify, you’ll need to use another payment gateway. To see which Shopify sites accept payments in your country, visit here
Shopify’s Settings page can be accessed to access the Legal section. From there, you can add store policies or create them. Either you can create them by hand or use a template. After the store policies have been added to the legal section, they will be automatically linked to the footer of your checkout page.
This freedom allows you to decide your return policy, unlike dropshipping to eBay customers in which you would need to follow eBay’s guidelines. This also means you must craft a policy that doesn’t disadvantage your customers or alienate them.
These points should be covered by your return policy:
- What items are eligible for return and which can be exchanged?
- What items are considered “final sale?”
- Returns are allowed within the timeframe established by the manufacturer.
- You can return the following items: product of equal or greater value, store credit, refund, etc.
- How do you initiate the return?
A return merchandise authorization (RMA), can reduce the time required to service customers for exchanges and returns. Customers can initiate a return, receive a pre-paid label and an RMA number, then ship the product back to you. The RMA system allows you to relist approved products back in your store, and can also analyze the financial impact of returns on your store’s finances. We recommend a Shopify app, such as the AfterShip returns center, to set up an RMA system for your store.
AliExpress isn’t a selling platform so you should only be concerned with the buyer settings and not the seller.
AliExpress’ Buyer Protection System applies to every order placed. This means that you may be eligible for a full refund if you meet at least one condition:
- The seller failed to approve a return because the items were incorrectly described.
- A fake item was sent to you, but AliExpress will refund 300%.
- The seller refused to accept a refund because the item was not received in time.
AliExpress allows you to make payments using the following payment methods: bank transfer (Visa, MasterCard, Moneybookers and QIWI). PayPal is also accepted by some sellers.
AliExpress offers a free return option that gives buyers an additional 15 days to decide if they want to keep the product. You can view the details of any seller offering free returns for a product.
You might be asking yourself:
How can you return an AliExpress order?
Log in to your account. Next, go to the “My Orders” section. After the buyer receives the product, click on the order you wish to return. Next, select “Open Dispute”.
This is where you can initiate the refund or return process for your customer. Remember that if you wish to recover your losses, it is important that you ask the buyer to provide evidence of the problem with the item. AliExpress vendors may refuse to refund the item and you will have to pay the customer directly. Dropshippers that offer refunds for defective items are recommended to avoid all of this.
Customs are another thing to consider. Your package will either be handled by private couriers or the postal system in your country, depending on which shipping method is chosen. You will be given an identification code when you choose a local postal services. This code can be used on the AliExpress platform or on your national postal service website. You may be eligible for one of the following statuses:
- Waiting for the carrier’s pickup
- Not found
- Leave origin
- Security check failed
Your customer’s package will be delivered to their local post office if there are no issues.
What if the product is sent via private courier? These couriers work directly in conjunction with Customs so that you can track exactly where the package is at and whether it has been remanded in customs. You will be able to contact private couriers with questions about customs because they typically handle smaller volumes than the postal services.
The Main Points of Startup
You now know how to use Aliexpress and Shopify. Are you ready to make the leap and open your own e-commerce store? We recommend these key points for startups, regardless of your hesitation or enthusiasm. Dropshipping is risky if you do not take these complexities into consideration. You could lose your profit and face a steeper learning curve.
- A niche store is more successful than a larger store. Which store would you prefer to buy makeup? A real makeup shop or one that sells mascara and pet toys? The makeup store will be perceived as more knowledgeable than the other, even if they sell the same product. This will make the shopping experience more personal for beauty lovers. It will also be easier to create a marketing strategy for your niche store and reach your target audience.
- Dropshipping is not recommended for certain products. Dropshipping fragile or brand-name products (in the case of knockoffs) is not recommended.
- Before you choose a supplier, do your research. Some suppliers on AliExpress are not reliable. Partner with someone with a high feedback score, free shipping options, a customer-centric policy, and a great refund policy.
- Select a Shopify domain name that is memorable. Pay attention to your niche keywords. This could help you rank higher in Google’s SERPs. This will increase trust and visibility for your shop. Your domain name should be short and memorable.
The Basic Steps
These are the steps you need to follow in order to make a profit from your Shopify dropshipping shop!
Choose a Profitable Niche
Before you open your Shopify shop, choose a niche you want to sell in. A niche shop will do better than a general store, especially for new sellers. It’s important to stand out among the crowd. Selling trendy decorative ceramics is easier than selling every type of home decor.
You don’t want your product to be in an unprofitable niche. You can still find a product with high profit, high demand and low supply by conducting research, especially using Alitools.
AliExpress is an enormous marketplace that hosts hundreds of thousands of sellers. How do you choose which vendors to work with? You could find hundreds of vendors selling the products that you want to add to your shop, but it will take far too long to research each one. This is how to find dropshippers that are the best.
- Sort your search for the product to see options that have received the most orders.
- Click on the products you like and then look at the suppliers. You should look for products with a positive feedback rating greater than 97%.
- Take the time to read the reviews and make sure you look at any photos of the products.
- You should check the shipping time and whether dropshipping is possible to the country where you are selling.
- Be sure to carefully review their guarantees, including shipping time and money back guarantees.
- You can message the supplier to see how fast they respond. You want to ensure that your supplier is available for any issues during an order.
Once you have followed these steps, you will have narrowed down your search to a reliable, quality supplier who is a pleasure to work alongside. You can also use automated assistants like Alitools or Zik Analytics to locate the best suppliers within your niche. It takes just a few clicks.
Your Online Store
Shopify allows you to customize your online shop in any way you like. It’s simple, quick, and doesn’t require any coding knowledge. Shopify’s online store builder is robust and features professionally designed themes that you can modify as needed. You can find beautiful templates for e-commerce sites in the Shopify Template Store. Each theme can be used on any device, including mobile and tablet.
Once you have chosen the theme, follow these steps:
– Use the Oberlo dashboard to add the products that you want to sell or the Chrome extension.
– Make key pages for your website (Contact page FAQ page About page Policy page).
– You can customize your shipping settings
– Configure your tax settings
– Choose a payment gateway and method of payout
Start your shop
Shopify has published an excellent start to finish guide for creating an online shop; we recommend taking a look.
Promote Your Business
Shopify comes with a complete suite of features that will help you market and promote your e-commerce website. Some options include:
- Coupons and discounts can increase your sales. You can either assign a dollar amount or a percentage, as well as a shipping discount.
- Send targeted emails.
- Integrate your store to social media plugins so that your customers can share your products with friends and followers.
- Google Ads is a great way to promote your store. Shopify first-time members receive a $100 Google Ads credit
- Keep an eye on your analytics to see which marketing strategies work.
Get your first order processed
Either manual or automatic order fulfillment can be set up. You only need to enable automatic fulfillment in your checkout settings. Once an order has been paid, the line items are fulfilled and customers will be notified about their shipment.
If you’re doing it manually, then you’ll need to create your own shipping label and mark the order as complete. We recommend that you automate order fulfillment if dropshipping products.
Analyze the results
After the first few weeks, it is time to start looking at your analytics. They can give you insight into business questions. It is a continuous process. We recommend that you check in each week. However, it is also important to look at longer-term trends. These are some questions to ask:
- Are there any obstacles that prevent your visitors from buying items on your website?
- What can visitors do to increase their motivation? What can visitors do to increase their motivation?
- Are all the items on your store page pertinent?
- Is the product’s value clear?
- Which landing pages do your customers arrive on?
- Targeted ads bring in customers?
Make your business easier – choose your assistants
Automated dropshipping assistants are available in many formats that will automate your business and give you valuable insight. Below are some of our most popular.
Alitools Shopping Assistant
You can add the Alitools extension or use the app to check price changes daily, read real product reviews, view similar products sorted by popularity and price, rating, and more. It is easy to get a lot of information about suppliers, products and more – all for free!
ZIK analytics is more targeted at eBay sellers than those who sell on Shopify. It is possible to add eBay to Shopify as a sales channel. If you decide to do this, ZIK Analytics will be able to conduct market research for AliExpress and eBay. It is possible to find profitable products to sell, rank your products higher over the competition, and identify the most effective keywords for SEO optimization. AliExpress also allows you to analyze the seller metrics to identify reliable and trustworthy sellers. This is a quick way to get rid of the lengthy guide we provided earlier.
Oberlo was covered in great detail in our earlier guide. However, there are many dropshipping marketplaces you can use with Shopify.
- AliDropship Instant Access to over 50,000+ bestsellers on AliExpress. You get a 7-day trial, followed by a $19/month payment.
- Dropified Import items from AliExpress and eBay. The plan includes a free 14-day trial, and a $17/month subscription. Your subscription includes step-by-step eCom training.
Dropshipping AliExpress products to your Shopify store is a great way to quickly confirm and test business ideas. There is no need to acquire inventory or pay upfront capital. Your only cost is your Shopify monthly subscription. This is very affordable. You can remove an item from your shop if it isn’t selling. Then, use an automated assistant such as Alitools to locate another product.
You can start to build a passive income by finding a niche product that is popular. Shopify automatically fills orders, dropsshippers send out product, and you only need to offer customer service. Even that can be automated. Your e-commerce dropshipping website will succeed with a little marketing and careful research.