Table of Contents
How to do Direct Dropshipping using Sports Goods
Dropshipping is one of the most popular business models of the past few years, allowing people not to store inventory. It also helps drop shippers directly purchase products from a manufacturer and send them directly to end customers.
Therefore, many people decide to jump into the shipping business, dropshipping sporting goods because it is easy for distribution and product selection. Adidas Original is believed to be one of the hottest shipping business dropshipping brands selling shoes and clothes. Due to the lower costs, the drop-shipping model is quite beneficial to sell Adidas Original products.
Sporting Sports Goods Company
In 1982 Sports Direct International PLC was founded. It is one of the biggest retailers of sporting goods in the UK. The company has a diverse portfolio of sports, fitness, fashion and lifestyle brands, including wear of Adidas Original Life Style, Nike, Air Jordan, Puma, etc.
They run 700 sports stores in the UK and continental Europe, 427 operating under the Sportsdirect.com brand. They operate 757 sports stores across the UK and around the world and 83 Premium Lifestyle stores across the UK. They produce a portfolio of sports, fashion, and lifestyle brands that are recognized globally. Some of its well-known brands are:
Everlast is a world leader in military gear and fitness. Among champions, it’s a preferred choice. The brand is as good as those fighters wearing it. To attain the highest technical innovation in the industry, it is rising and expanding its product range.
Lonsdale is well-known sporting equipment, sports nutrition and clothing boxing company. It is a globally known brand, renowned for its power, courage and energy.
The business logo is visible and reflects Lonsdale’s spirit. It features main recreational collections crafted with an eye to comfort, sustainability and style. This brand extends its values to a stylish range of lifestyles that perfectly fits every aspect of its customers’ lives.
Karrimor is a British brand which deals with outdoor leisure and running equipment product categories such as backpacks, outdoor and sports equipment, footwear, clothing and accessories. Karrimor provides the ultimate instrument for performance. The company is trying to combine longevity and technology with more than 60 years of experience. The reputation of the company travels all over the globe.
Sporting pros and cons Direct Dropshipping
With a firm working with such big brands, they seem to have good and bad points while doing business. It is not always an easy task to be a drop shipper; it also involves lots of ups and downs during the activity. Just a few of the Pros and Cons of Sports Direct Dropshipping are the following:
1. Wide range of premium sportswear – As UK’s largest retailer of sports goods- has a diverse portfolio of sports, fitness, fashion, and lifestyle brands to sell. It deals with internationally recognized brands such as Slazenger, Everlast, Lonsdale, Karrimor, Kangol, No Fear and Firetrap.
2. Operating in several stores and online – 700 sports stores are working in the UK and continental Europe, 427 of which are selling under Sportsdirect.com. They operate 757 sports stores across the UK and around the world and 83 Premium Lifestyle stores across the UK.
3. Efficient online prices – As there are other competing businesses providing online sporting goods, Direct Sports needs to maintain a very competitive price.
4. Contract scheme-Sports Direct is providing a creative commission scheme throughout all stores and their teams. The five reward scheme focuses on key service areas and offers each customer an opportunity to earn up to 5 percent commission on their 5 Star items.
1. Wrong delivery – According to the customer reviews, most were dissatisfied with the delivery of the products. They paid for delivery the next day, but for a long time, they didn’t hear back from the company and also didn’t receive the drug.
2. Not clear quality check – At the time of delivery, most customers complain about receiving the product that was damaged. And having their product returned or substituted has been very tiring.
3. The difference in online and retail rates – There is a price difference in purchasing the same product online or through the shop, as per customer feedback. It is generally expensive to buy through the stores than buying online. Customers wanting to pick up items from stores would have to pay the amount more. Otherwise, they would have to wait for online delivery along with the delivery charge.
4. Bad customer service – Many customers have given negative feedback about the customer service executive’s inappropriate behavior. Customer support isn’t helpful and friendly as per customer feedback.
5. Tiring return policy – The return policy at ground level as per the customer feedback, while structured on documents, is very tiring and sometimes not feasible. Customers who have defective products have had a lot of trouble getting their product repaired. In the worst-case scenario, consumers have to get their own patched.
Comparison between Sports Direct and Chinabrands as wholesale suppliers of sports accessories
Although there is not much difference between the two companies ‘ products, there are few items that can be listed for the users to link SportsDirect and Chinabrands. These two companies can also be wholesale suppliers of sporting accessories.
Typically SportsDirect deals exclusively with sports equipment and clothing, while in one section, Chinabrands deals with all kinds of products and sports goods. So at the same time customers have a wide variety of products to choose from.
SportsDirect manages premium brands such as Slazenger, Everlast, Lonsdale, Karrimor, Kangol, No Fear and Firetrap, and so on. Chinabrands nevertheless deals with multi-brands, like premium and local.
SportsDirect categorizes its products based on sports, gender, activity types, brands, accessories, etc. while Chinabrands categorizes products based on games, brands, latest in stock, etc.
SportsDirect is using traditional as well as new ways of doing business. Yet, Chinabrands only serves as an online platform for companies. That tends to restrict the base of customers. They treat licensed sports products of all kinds.
While SportsDirect only deals with high-end branded goods, Chinabrands also emerges as the right name in the sports equipment category. They match the quality and make of their equipment for the sport.
The standard of stitching, the material, etc. are in line with the established brands. And the most crucial part is price competitiveness. Being known brands like Nike, Lonsdale, Everlast, businesses are already charging a premium price because the known sportspeople wear them. It is here that Chinabrands takes over.
They at a lower price, they offer the same quality. Unknown brands are not healthy. In this world, there are numerous unknown brands doing well on a regional level.
Around the same time, many people around the world cannot afford to purchase branded goods because of their high prices. It is here that Chinabrands come to save them.
Dropshipping is one of the most common business models of the past few years, enabling people not to store inventory. This also helps drop shippers to buy goods directly from a manufacturer and send them directly to end customers.
Therefore, many people want to venture into the shipping sector, dropshipping sporting goods because it is easy for distribution and product selection. Adidas Original is believed to be one of the hottest shipping business dropshipping brands which sell shoes and clothes. Due to the lower costs, the drop-shipping model is very beneficial to sell Adidas Original goods.