Table of Contents
If you are looking to establish yourself as an online business owner, branding is essential. No matter if you are selling your own products or dropshipping goods, a strong, consistent brand identity is key to making your ecommerce business stand out.
It is possible to start a dropshipping-based ecommerce company. Ten years ago, you had to call suppliers to find the best deals. Then, you had to slog through an outdated content management system to sync product feeds.
All you need today is a Spocket and Shopify accounts, as well as some money to invest on Facebook ads.
This sounds wonderful, but it also means more ecommerce businesses launch every day, making it harder for you to claim your share of the pie. How can a future ecommerce mogul stand out amongst the millions of pages on the internet?
A memorable logo
A memorable logo is not enough. You need a strong brand identity to back it. When you think about it, the best companies in the world are those that have a strong brand. When someone mentions McDonald’s, they immediately think of their iconic logo, and the distinctive “french fries” smell. Adidas is a brand I instantly associate with the three-stripe logo, soccer and track suits.
These associations are built on experiences and memories.
Many of you are reading this because you operate an ecommerce shop without a physical storefront. This means that your chances for building brand equity are limited. Online businesses need a logo that is creative, thoughtful, and easily identifiable.
Let’s start by discussing the importance of creating an online ecommerce brand. Next, let’s talk about how to incorporate your brand identity throughout every customer journey.
What is a Brand?
“A brand refers to the combination of memories, stories, expectations, and relationships that influence a consumer’s decision whether or not they choose one product over another.” – Seth Godin
People choose an iPhone over an android based on their expectations of Apple’s brand: inclusion, product support, and cutting-edge technology. Your ecommerce store should be the same. What distinguishes your website from other online shops that sell the same products?
What is the difference between branding and brand identity?
- Branding refers to the creation of assets and guidelines that make up your brand.
- Your brand identity refers to your assets and elements which are the result branding. It usually includes your logo, slogan and colors as well as typography and persona.
This is where ecommerce entrepreneurs can define themselves, their brand, and what makes them unique.
Creating a future-proof ecommerce logo design
Prospective customers often interact with your logo first, regardless of whether you are online or offline. These are some of the opportunities for your dropshipping business to stand out if you’re looking for a new logo.
Keep it simple and responsive
Keep your logo simple and clear to ensure a mobile-first website. In today’s digital world, at least 49% of consumers use mobile phones to shop. Your logo must be easily readable and identifiable, regardless of whether the customer is shopping on a smart tv or a smartphone. Your logo will not translate well across devices if it contains too many elements.
Choose the right logo type for your business
You have five options for logos: monogram, wordmark, combination, brandmark and emblem. Each type of logo has its advantages. A wordmark logo can be used across media, but it does not require symbols. A combination logo is more flexible in branding because of the combination symbol and lettermark. The best way to choose the right logo for your online store is to think about where you intend to use it.
Choose the right tool (and the budget) for your job
A custom ecommerce logo has never been simpler. There are many options available, with prices ranging from $20 to $20,000. While it might be tempting to choose the cheapest option and call it quits, we recommend that you choose the path that best suits your personality, goals, and creative talents.
- If you are a skilled graphic designer or have creative talent, it is worth purchasing a premium template for your logo and editing it. Or, you can make your own with software like Adobe Illustrator. You have complete control over each pixel.
- You have a creative vision but don’t have time or the resources to create it. An AI-powered logo generator such as Looka is able to save you time and money while still allowing you to be creative.
- A design agency might be the right choice if you have the time and budget to do unlimited revisions or custom font creation. This will require the longest turnaround time and cost.
Colors and fonts can take your branding to the next level.
Your logo design should include the best colors and fonts to represent your brand. Be careful not to rush this decision. The same colors and fonts that you select should be used across all touch points. This will help to create your brand identity.
Colors can be used to stand out and emote.
Colors evoke emotion. Our brains are wired to associate certain colours with certain emotions or traits. Color is the foundation of brand building. Keep your brand colors to two or three and think about how those colors will be used online in various applications.
- Website color palette
- Web graphics custom made
- Social media cover images
- Email communications
- Checkout pages for Ecommerce
Perhaps you have noticed that many of your ecommerce competitors use red or blue primary colors. This is a great opportunity to stand out and be different. This is evident in the telecommunications sector, where many established companies stick with blue or red, while newer networks embrace purple and orange.
Do not underestimate the power of a great font.
Your dropshipping business can be reflected in the fonts you choose for your logo and on your marketing materials and website.
- Serif fonts have been around for a long time and are still the most popular. They are elegant and sophisticated. Companies that want a formal or traditional feel will love serif fonts. Dropshipping is for luxury items such as antiques, watches, books, and other high-end products.
- San serif fonts lack the tail at the tips, which gives them a modern, clean look. These fonts are great for building forward-thinking brands in fashion and technology but can also be used in any industry.
- Script fonts can be used for creative people. They can add a sense freedom and playfulness that will enhance your identity. Script fonts are well-suited for niches such as handmade goods, toys for children, and wellness.
Although your logo and dropshipping website can be the same font, it doesn’t mean they have to. Combining complementary fonts can help you to establish your brand’s unique style and feel. Many templates for Shopify and Woocommerce come with pre-set fonts for titles and body content. However, many of them can be adjusted to your liking.
It all needs to be tied together
Dropshipping logos are important. Check! It is also important to choose the right fonts and colors for your brand. Check!
What’s the matter?
It’s now time to create your logo, brand colors, fonts, and make sure they are available on every channel where your ecommerce store is present. Consistency, coherence, and consistent are the goals.
These are the top places to put your brand online, and make your store stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure your logo is exactly the same size as your website template. This will allow it to resize appropriately on different devices.
- Upload a Favicon so your symbol or lettermark can appear in the browser tab’s left side.
- For any custom graphics, use the same font combination and colors as your logo
- Your primary font should be used for website headings
- For hyperlinks in your content, use your primary or second color
Your social media profiles
- Every social media platform has different requirements regarding the size of your cover images, profile pictures, or logo. Upload the correct size image for each account.
- All graphics used on social media should include your brand colors.
- For original social media graphics and memes, use a transparent version to serve as a watermark at the bottom right corner.
Your email communications
- All automated communications should be branded with your logo, particularly transactional emails.
- Consider using the same font for newsletter communications as your website body text.
- Stick with your brand colors, fonts, and color choices wherever you have the opportunity to use custom graphics or color.
- The same rules apply: Use your brand colors and font combinations in all creative.
- Video advertising should be watermarked with your logo.
- Dropshipping suppliers may offer branded packaging, invoices or labels featuring your logo. Although it may be more expensive, people will remember you.
- Yes, swag still works. Put your logo on a coffee mug or hoodie and share them with friends. You can also give them away in a contest, or if you have a customer who spends a certain amount.
- Even if you are only reviewing products, ensure you wear your brand gear when you produce video content. Incorporate your logo and colors.
The evolution of an online store into a brand
Your customers will recognize you more often if they see you in more places. The magic happens when your brand identity is consistent wherever they see you. This is when they trust you website, when your sale inspires them, and when they share your tweet every Tuesday at lunch.
Even though you may not be the one selling the products, that doesn’t mean that you can’t create memorable experiences for your customers. Being a brand that your customers love is half of being a brand they love.
Your logo is the first step.