Wix Payments is a payment provider that Wix.com offers to its users.
This payment gateway could be a benefit to your business. We’ll tell you everything you need to know.
There is so much to do, let’s get to it!
What are Wix Payments?
Wix Payments, Wix is its own payment provider. Wix users can use this feature to accept credit and debit cards online, just as you would with Stripe or PayPal. You can also use Sofort payments and Pay Now by Klarna to process payments.
Wix Payments was developed by Wix and Wix for Wix. This ensures that 100% compatibility. It also makes it easy to manage everything from one location, rather than relying on third-party plugins or platforms.
No more need to switch between multiple tabs when managing your eCommerce business. Wix can do all the heavy lifting for you, creating a simpler experience for online sellers.
Wix Payments provides digital merchants with a fast, secure, and most importantly, convenient way to pay customers. All this is done from one central dashboard.
Unlike other payment options, Wix payments is the main method you can offer your customers on Wix. This includes PayPal and manual payments, such as accepting cash, cheques, or other offline payments. Square also has a card reader that accepts credit cards via the Wix Mobile App.
What can you do with Wix payments?
You can accept payments through your website.
- You can monitor all transactions right from your Wix dashboard.
- Manage your business’ payout schedule
- Refunds are possible
- Handle chargebacks
- You can set up different billing methods such as subscriptions or memberships
Wix Payments does not charge extra for third-party payment gateways, as is the case with some Wix competitors.
Wix Payments allows you to accept payments from all the major credit card companies including:
As we mentioned, customers can also use Wix Payments along with other payment providers. Offering customers multiple payment options can help increase your conversion rate. You can offer the following options to your customers if you are a US merchant:
- Manual payments
Wix Payments: Pros and cons
Let’s first look at the benefits of Wix Payments.
- It is easy and free for Wix users.
- Online customer payments can be processed securely
- Klarna accepts credit and debit cards as well as iDeal, Pay Now and Klarna.
- From one central dashboard, you can manage customer payments, payouts, refunds, chargebacks and customer payments. Wix makes it easy to access your funds and perform any other payment gateway-related tasks.
- It doesn’t take much effort to find and use a third-party gateway payment method.
- Wix Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This includes a callback service in a number of languages. Wix can also be reached via their social media channels. There are many other support channels, but we don’t have the time to list them all.
- Customers will have a better experience if they can visit your domain and not be redirected to another site.
- Shopify Payments charges no chargeback fees.
- Wix Payments is not the only option. Customers can still use other payment options like PayPal. (For a full list, please see the above).
- A built-in dispute function is available. This allows you and/or your team to quickly monitor and respond to customer and chargeback disputes and/or chargebacks. You can also manage, accept or dispute chargebacks right from your Wix Payments dashboard.
Let’s now look at the downsides.
- Wix Payments are not available in all countries. It’s only available in certain European countries, the USA, Brazil, and the UK.
- There’s an extensive list of restricted/prohibited businesses – including what most would consider pretty innocent items, like herbal incense. Before you sign up for Wix Payments, make sure you double-check that you are allowed to do so.
- Within 30 days of receiving your first check, you must complete the setup process. You will be refunded any payments that you have received if you fail to complete the setup process within 30 days.
Wix Payments Pricing
To get started with Wix Payments, you will need to buy a Wix eCommerce/business plan.
There are four pricing options to choose from:
- The Business Basic Plan (23 USD per month) This plan is perfect for companies and small businesses who want to accept online payments.
- The Business Unlimited Package (27 USD per month): This package is Wix’s most favored and best for business owners who want to grow their business.
- The Business VIP Plan (49 USD per month): This package is for you if all you want to do with Wix is unlock all its features.
- The Enterprise Plan This plan is for large enterprises that require a customized solution. To receive a personalized quote from Wix, if this sounds like you, please contact us directly.
Wix Payments is another topic.
- It is free to use
- It is easy to set up
- Refunds and handling chargesbacks are free of charge.
Accepting credit or debit card payments will result in a transaction processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30. This seems reasonable compared to other competitors such as Stripe and PayPal, which also charge the same 2.9% + $0.30 fees.
What can you use Wix payments with?
It’s not surprising that Wix payment can be used with all of Wix services, including:
- Wix Stores
- Wix Invoices
- Wix Bookings
- Wix Art Store
- Wix Music
- Wix Video
- Wix Events
- Wix’s paid plans
- Wix – Corvid
How to create a Wix payments account
Before we get into the details of this section, it is important to note that Wix Payments doesn’t work for all users. You must first:
- Wix Websites can be published
- You have purchased a Wix payment program that allows you to accept online transactions, i.e. any Wix Business/ eCommerce plan
- Operate in a country that supports you
- Follow Wix’s restricted list for products/services/business types
These pre-requisites are met. You can create a Wix Payments Account by following these steps:
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Go to your Wix dashboard and click ‘Accept Payments.
- Click ‘Complete Setup’ under Wix Payments
- Double-check to make sure the products you are selling do not violate Wix’s “Restricted and Prohibited Products and Services” list.
- Select your business type: Individual/Sole Proprietorship/Partnership/Ltd/Liability Co./Corporation/NGO
- Enter your details about your business: Name, address, and bank details.
- Once you are done, click ‘Submit’.
- To get started, you will be required to verify your identity.
Voila, that’s it. You’re now ready to go.
Security and Compliance
Wix Payments is an extremely secure and compliant online payment gateway. It boasts “advanced internet encryption” and adheres to the “strictest compliance standards.” It offers PCI-compliant and PSD2 SCA payment processing. You can also access HTTPS/TLS encryption if your site or app sells. Wix also uses an AI-fueled, rule-based risk management system that eliminates the possibility of fraud attacks.
Billing Methods Supported By Wix Payments
Wix Payments can be used to instantly process customer transactions online. Customers can pay with a credit card or debit card, iDeal or Giropay or Pay Now By Klarna. You can also create recurring billing cycles to allow you to sell subscriptions, memberships, and other products. Wix Payments supports ‘pay-as-you go billing’ as well!
These billing options can be offered to customers regardless of their device or whether they are using your app or website.
We thought it would be a good idea to wrap up this review with answers to some frequently asked questions about Wix Payments.
What is a Chargeback?
When a customer buys something online, they then request a refund. The chargeback is processed by you so that the customer’s money are returned. This is, in essence, a chargeback.
Which Countries and Currencies Does Wix Payments Support
Wix payments is not available in all countries, as we have already stated. Below is a list with the currencies and 14 countries it supports.
- Belgium: EUR
- Brazil: BRL
- Netherland: EUR
- Switzerland: CHF
- GBP in the UK
Wix Payments isn’t as popular as its competitors. The number of currencies and countries it supports is quite small, especially considering that PayPal has offices in more than 200 countries. Wix Payments may not be the best option for international sales. You might also want to offer international customers other payment options , in addition to Wix Payments.
What’s on Wix’s Restricted Services/Products List?
Wix Payments doesn’t allow you to sell many products or services, and you cannot sell anything about:
- Activities that involve weapons
- Adult entertainment
- Products for wildlife and animals
To name just a few. There are 53 total prohibited niches.
There are other business types that can use Wix payments, but they must first get written permission. For example, ticket agencies and charities. Before you dive in, make sure to verify that this applies to your company.
What is the average time it takes for Wix to pay you?
Wix must process each customer’s credit card payment before you can receive funds through Wix Payments. This requires a’settlement time’ and a “pending period.” This typically takes between 2-5 days to complete before the payout is available.
Wix will send the payout to the bank details provided once the customer payment has been successfully processed. The funds will be available in your bank account within 3 to 5 business days. The speed at which you are able to access the funds depends entirely on the bank.
After verifying your account, your payout should arrive within five business days. Once your first transaction has been successfully processed, your payout can be chosen from the following: daily, weekly or monthly.
Your Wix payments dashboard will allow you to track when your first payment is due.
Here are some details about each of these payout periods:
- Daily – This is where payouts are sent each day, as you probably guessed. This includes transactions processed within the last 24 hours that arrived after the cut-off.
- Weekly payments are sent by default on Mondays. You can choose the day that works best for your needs from your Wix Payments account settings.
- Monthly – Like weekly payouts, monthly payments are sent as default on the 1st day of each month. You can change this via your account settings to make it work for you.
It’s important to note that you have the ability to change or chop your payout cycles at any time. You’re not locked in. Simply go to your Wix Payments account settings to make the changes that best suit your business.
Keep in mind that the cut-off time for daily payouts varies depending upon where you live. If you are based in the US it is 6 AM EST and if your residence in Europe it is 6 AM GMT. Monthly payouts are also sent out if a month is less than 29 days.
Shopify Payments: Which is better?
Shopify is undoubtedly the most popular eCommerce platform. Compare Shopify Payments (Shopify’s in-built payment processor). It might surprise you to learn that Wix Payments is a very favorable choice.
Both gateways have similar transaction fees. Wix charges 2.9% while Shopify Payments charges 2.4%.
Shopify may charge extra fees if you use other payment gateways than Shopify Payments. These fees can fluctuate between 0.5% and 2.0% depending upon the subscription plan that you choose. Shopify Payments is not available in all countries like Wix Payments. This means that you may be charged two sets of transaction fees and no option to get a refund. Wix Payments, on the other hand, doesn’t charge for third-party payments gateways. This gives it an advantage over Shopify Payments.
Is there a minimum charge?
Yes, in short. The minimum charge will vary depending on where you live and what currency you use. Below are some examples of minimum charges.
- United States: 1 USD
- Brazil: 1 BRL
- Europe 1 EUR
- UK 1 GBP
- Switzerland: 1 CHF
What is the Wix Payments Process in Brazil?
It is interesting to note that Wix’s online payment system in Brazil works a little differently. Boleto can be used to make payments and it supports installments. This is a unique feature that only applies to Brazil.
Our Last Thoughts
One thing is certain when it comes to customer payments online: you must provide a choice. This allows the customer to choose the payment method that they are most comfortable with. It also affects your conversion rates.
Wix Payments is great because it doesn’t penalize customers for choosing from different payment gateways. It’s also free to use and has no chargeback fees. We give it a big thumbs-up. It’s free to use with your Wix website, provided it’s accessible.
Wix Payments: Have you used it before? Are you thinking of using Wix Payments for your eCommerce website/app or are you already using it? Let us know what you think about Wix website builders by leaving a comment below. We hope to hear from you soon!