Today, e-commerce is more popular than ever. While it’s simple to believe that the era of online retailers is solely focused on the B2C market, the reality is that B2B businesses are also on the rise. The global market for B2B eCommerce is valued at $12.2 trillion by Statista (as of 2019). More than six times as much as B2C e-commerce.
How can you benefit from this expanding market is the question facing today’s ambitious businesspeople? As always, it all begins with the proper equipment.
In the current environment, B2B companies rely on everything from self-service chatbots to ERP technologies to drive sales. The best ecommerce software, in our opinion, is the most crucial resource for a newbie.
Suppose you want to succeed in this cutthroat market. In that case, you need the appropriate B2B ecommerce platform, whether selling wholesale products to developers, entrepreneurs, and investors or providing digital services and education.
Your B2B platform will provide you with everything you need, including marketing tools and analytics, as well as a customized checkout experience that you can utilize to convert customers.
So, where do you begin your search?
The Best B2B Ecommerce Platforms
- BigCommerce Enterprise
- Shopify Plus
- Sana Commerce Cloud
- Oracle Netsuite
- Volusion Prime
Identifying the Best B2B Ecommerce Platforms
Between B2C and B2B selling, many characteristics are similar.
You will need a plan to establish relationships with your target market, whether selling to a business or a consumer. This entails spending money on technologies like social network integrations, automated email marketing, and landing page builders.
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite B2B ecommerce website builders and tools to help you save time and effort while looking for the best ecommerce features.
BigCommerce is yet another fantastic solution for B2B eCommerce sales.
BigCommerce will offer you a complete collection of tools that will help you quickly get up and running, regardless of how big or little your business is. For ERP support, you can reach out to your audience. You can also integrate your platform with several top solutions.
One of the more potent eCommerce shop builders available, BigCommerce offers assistance to users who wish to obtain stunning websites with social media integrations and advanced checkouts. You have access to resources like PCI DSS support, so you can be sure you’re safeguarding the sensitive data you collect from customers. Additionally, managing your inventory and product catalogue is simple.
BigCommerce’s access to quote builders, which are perfect for SaaS businesses and service brands, is one of its most attractive features. Additionally, rapid reordering is possible.
Features consist of:
- Simple reorders and subscriptions
- Choices for advanced shipping
- Cost per unit
- Bulk discounts that are automatically applied
- Services for B2B payments
- CRM and backend ERP system integrations
- Discounted and personalized costs
- Audience segmentation
- Stylish and responsive website design
- Options for quote builders
Pricing: The normal plan’s monthly cost is about $29.95, while the plus plan’s monthly cost is about $79.95. The Pro Plan will set you back $299.95 per month if you decide to upgrade.
One of the best-known and most successful e-commerce platforms is Shopify Plus. Nothing compares to Shopify’s cutting-edge service for providing a great user experience regarding premium B2B ecommerce solutions.
It’s hardly surprising that well-known companies like Tesla, Motorola, and Adidas already use Shopify Plus for B2B selling. This business has a track record of providing the greatest B2B sales, exceptional features, and customer service.
Shopify Plus currently powers nearly a million online stores! By making Shopify Payments your primary payment method, you may even lower your transaction expenses.
You may easily add a wholesale ecommerce channel to your website with Shopify Plus’ access to one. Additionally, Shopify’s extendable nature allows you to practically access any feature you might desire, from new payment choices to order quantity tracking.
Features consist of:
- Many websites are being launched from the same backend
- 24/7 shop operations
- Specific storefronts
- Available from your dashboard is 20 sales channels.
- Sophisticated custom pricing
- Integration for taxation with Avalara
- 8000 orders per minute on a powerful platform
- Options for one-step checkout
- Numerous applications
- Built-in SSL certificate
- Available for wholesale selling
- Using apps like Orbelo to dropship
- Available through Quote for pricing
A well-known B2B eCommerce platform is OpenCart. With powerful SEO tools, integrated shop management, and unlimited extensions and themes, the firm offers some of the most attractive free and open-source ecommerce software for operating an online store.
By introducing a new extension dubbed “OpenCart B2B marketplace,” OpenCart has also increased its potential in the business-to-business sector in recent years.
Businesses can access marketplaces like Alibaba for wholesale selling thanks to the B2B multi-channel marketplace. You may update and import several products to your site at once, which is a nice feature of this service. Additionally, you can build client groups and give each selection of clients a different set of permissions. Delivering items like premium courses and eLearning is now simple as a result.
Features consist of:
- Excellent free assistance
- Numerous addons and themes
- Powerful tools for retail management
- Integrated SEO
- Open-source programming
- Development of user groups
- Template emails
- Access to markets for wholesale goods
- Group export and upload
- Development of a subdomain
- Query and response
- Tracking of transaction status
- Different shipping methods for various customers
- Personalized order management dashboard for B2B buyers
Pricing: The B2B marketplace addon from Webkul costs $299, while the OpenCart software is free.
You’ve probably heard of Magento if you’ve looked at B2B e-commerce sites. This well-known platform, one of the greatest ecommerce options available, can easily accommodate almost any type of business. In addition to having a fantastic total cost of ownership, Magento is terrific since it’s simple to set up and has a ton of functionality with little upkeep.
Regarding the top B2B ecommerce platform, Magento has won numerous accolades that attest to its effectiveness. For instance, the Forrester Wave ranked Magento the top B2B platform. Although it can be a bit expensive for some businesses and lacks several integration-related features, it is fantastic for ecommerce functionality and the shopping experience.
One of the few all-encompassing B2B ecommerce software choices that were created especially for enterprises is Magento. Even the most difficult corporate objectives can be achieved with this platform.
Features consist of:
- Dependable performance in the cloud
- A wide range of B2B capabilities
- Unique catalogue prices
- Strong marketing features
- Backend system integration is simple.
- Assistance with corporate accounts
- Fantastic experience shopping
- Features of omnichannel sales
- Easy analytics and reporting
- Available are quotes and bargaining
- Great inventory control and order processing.
Pricing: A comprehensive Enterprise site with Magento starts at roughly $22,000 per year or $2,000 for hosting and cloud support.
For those looking for the best B2B ecommerce platform, Shift4Shop is a fantastic choice. With many adjustable designs, a mobile-friendly UI, various integrations, and controlled visibility, Shift4Shop covers you if you need assistance converting visitors into buyers as quickly as possible. Great features like consumer segmentation are also available to you.
You can divide your clients based on product details or how much they purchase by using customer segmentation within your B2B ecommerce platform. This implies that you can offer specific client’s products like webinars and premium content. To ensure that you constantly receive the highest possible revenue from your clients, you can even conceal your bulk pricing from competing customers.
One-click reorders great for subscription and membership purchases, and pricing customization is another B2B service offered by Shift4Shop. Your abilities consist of:
- Pricing choices for customization
- Reordering with one click and subscriptions
- Control over all product information on the backend
- Customer segmentation
- Extensibility of open-source
- Bulk volume ordering
- Bulk discounts for products (automated)
- Adaptable tax planning
- Integrations in accounting
- SEO-friendly backend
- 200+ integrated features
- More than one payment processor
- Many different free themes
Pricing: A starting store’s monthly cost with no transaction fees is $19. You can pay $29 for your “basic store,” $129 for your “Power store,” and $79 for your “Plus store” each month. Pro stores are offered with up to 15 users’ support for $229 per month.
Sana Commerce is a dynamic eCommerce platform created specifically for B2B companies. It has several distinctive qualities that make it ideal for vendors in this industry.
Sana’s seamless integration with Microsoft Dynamics and SAP ERP systems allows businesses to develop client relationships right out of the box. Sana can also sync data in real-time, allowing you to consolidate all of your corporate data.
With Sana’s headless Commerce, you can also develop a branded eCommerce solution for your company anywhere on the internet.
Users of Sana Commerce gain access to a user-friendly drag and drop website builder designed for omnichannel operations. Websites from Sana Commerce are responsive across desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. They also integrate with well-known websites like Amazon, Facebook, and eBay to export and sync your product stream in real-time.
Sana Commerce also provides SAP ERP as a bonus (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing Enterprises Resource Planning). In other words, Sana uses the data from your ERP, where your product catalogue is kept, to show it on your online store. You are spared from entering the same information many times due to this synchronization.
Additionally, you have entry to use client management services. For instance, the ERP system immediately updates your shipment and inventory information.
Customers will thus be informed precisely when their order is due and when you run out of stock. This contributes significantly to perfect transparency and increasing client loyalty.
Features consist of:
- Quotes about self-service
- A dashboard for consumer orders and returns.
- Possibilities for real-time wholesale connectivity with an ERP.
- Custom price for large purchases.
- You can establish discounts and promotional offers based on the order size, order type, and consumer segmentation.
- Setting up repeat purchases is simple.
- The consumer portal offers self-service around-the-clock.
- Alternatives for advanced shipment.
- A drag-and-drop responsive website builder without a head.
- A product feed for omnichannel.
- B2B-specific payment integration
- Request pricing information.
Kart is a market-leading e-commerce platform for B2B and B2C enterprises searching for an online marketplace similar to Amazon or Alibaba. Agile development approaches were used to create the solution to provide a competitive business edge over its rivals. The best feature of Yo! Kart is a license-based B2B e-commerce platform where you pay a one-time fee and receive lifelong system ownership along with source code.
Yo! since its debut in 2015, In more than 70 countries, Kart has served over 2,000 customers. Yo! is used by several well-known brands. Kart marketplace software to meet their needs for B2B e-commerce. Some B2B clients in their portfolio include Uni Diamonds, Voyij, and Bozinga.
Request for Quote (RFQ), minimum order quantity, product catalogue, and other common B2B capabilities are all included with Yo!Kart. The platform is extremely reliable, strong, and adaptable to your B2B business needs.
Features consist of:
- Management of product catalogues
- Storefronts for various sellers
- A variety of user kinds, e.g. Manufacturers, Distributors and Service Providers
- Demand for Quote (Re-quote, Partial payments, Counter Offer and generate invoices)
- Make subscription packages for distributors and retailers.
- Allow your distributors and sellers to sell goods and services on a single platform.
- Configuration at the store level to enable the Buy Now or RFQ choices
- Module for messaging between buyers and sellers
- Integration of various payment channels & third-party APIs
- Multiple languages and currencies
- Own content management system (CMS)
- Easy reordering and a minimum order amount
- Logical user interface
- B2B platform with good SEO
Pricing for Kart B2B starts at $1999 and includes a lifetime license and no recurring fees or transaction costs. Additionally, you are entitled to free technical help for 12 months for any system issues or errors.
B2B eCommerce platform OroCommerce was created to meet the demands of B2B companies. OroCommerce can help if you’ve been seeking a solution to increase the potential of your business by developing your online presence. This cutting-edge software platform provides you with the resources you need, including an online ordering system, to market your goods online.
OroCommerce comes with a built-in CRM that assists business executives with arranging sales funnels and predicting the type of sales and marketing results you might see in the future. Additionally, you gain the advantage of being able to serve both B2B and B2C clients on the same platform.
Every business model is supported by OroCommerce, including self-service websites, quote-to-order services for B2B businesses, and more. In addition, you gain access to a strong community and a flexible, open-source environment.
You may discover a list of OroCommerce’s B2B clients here, most of whom are major and medium-sized manufacturers and distributors from around the globe.
Features consist of:
- B2B, B2C, B2B2C, marketplace, and other support
- Building stores and managing the back end
- Integrated CRM
- Built-in SEO capabilities
- Reports on sales and marketing
- Open-source setting
- Roles, permissions, and access control
- Workflows for native RFQ, CPQ, and QTC
- Process engine
- Capabilities for multiple websites, organizations, and languages
- Customizable pricing tiers and several price-lists
- ERP and e-commerce integration
- A large collection of open APIs
- Access to the market for extensions
- Flexibility for future expansion
- Flexible architectural context
- Enterprise customers get free, round-the-clock support.
Price: There are two versions of OroCommerce: Community and Enterprise. Public downloads of the community edition are free. You must speak with the OroCommerce team to obtain the exact price for the Enterprise Edition.
For people who adore WordPress, WooCommerce is the best b2b eCommerce platform. This open-source ecommerce platform currently powers about 42% of all online retailers in the digital world. WooCommerce makes it simple to start and run an online store because of its versatility and close integration with the WordPress platform.
There are many wonderful plugins and themes to check out and specialized hosting and upkeep options. WooCommerce even includes several performance optimization tools intended to raise your search engine rankings and increase your revenue.
For B2B ecommerce, WooCommerce offers a fully-featured platform that’s simple to expand and grow as your business changes.
Features consist of:
- Numerous alternatives for checkout
- A large, supportive community
- Amazing selection of addons and extensions
- Excellent for open-source flexibility
- Safeguarding confidential information
- Design with SEO in mind
- Substantial scalability
- Simple-to-use software
- Functions flawlessly with WordPress
- Combines with a variety of current tools
Price: WooCommerce’s technology is free. A domain name, hosting, and other premium necessities do, however, require an additional fee.
Look no farther than nopCommerce if you’re seeking one of the top B2B e-commerce systems built on Microsoft’s dependability. The free and open-source platform nopCommerce can support over 60,000 online stores. NopCommerce offers a fantastic solution resulting from eleven years of eCommerce experience.
It has 1,500 integrations and a community of over 250,000 users worldwide.
Small, medium-sized, and enterprise-level enterprises focus on nopCommerce’s design. It features several warehouse management and marketing options and effortlessly interfaces with payment and shipping systems.
It’s important to note that businesses profit from several vendors and stores’ functionality (suitable for B2B and B2C businesses).
Additionally, we do mean it when we say nopCommerce is free! There are no hidden fees, monthly charges, or transaction prices.
This framework allows developers to experience limitless customization.
The characteristics of nopCommerce are as follows:
- Mobile business
- Capacity for several stores
- Capacities for multiple vendors
- Comparison of product characteristics
- Tools for stock management
- You can market things that are downloadable, rentable, and recurring.
- Leave now (anonymous, one page)
- Marketing techniques include a loyalty program, related goods, special offers, coupons, emails, newsletters, gift cards, and customer reviews.
- You can accept many forms of payment.
- Packaging slips, pickup locations, freight estimates, and computations are the shipping capabilities.
- Using the tax features, you can categorize your products and set up state-specific taxes.
- GDPR adherence
- Outside verification
- A feature for wishlists
NopCommerce is completely free. However, you can buy more things for your shop. You can get rid of the “powered by nopCommerce” tag at the bottom for $250. Additionally, you can pay $299 or $799 for three months or a year of premium support, respectively.
It’s simple to get distracted by huge names like WooCommerce and Magento when searching for the finest B2B ecommerce platform. However, one of the best B2B commerce platforms available is NetSuite. You can’t go wrong with NetSuite if you’re searching for something cutting-edge, scalable, and reasonably priced.
Thanks to our award-winning cloud software, you will have all the tools you need to automate essential business processes, lower operating expenses, and even improve your website’s visibility. This wonderful service is a superb option for business owners since it is one of the world’s most widely used ERP management solutions, supporting over 40,000 enterprises.
More than 140 countries are served by NetSuite, which will enable you to sell to the clients you value most at a cost you can bear. Significant traits include:
- Outstanding CRM and ERP interconnections
- Self-service portals for partners and back-office accounting
- Automated processes and fragmented data development
- Effortless and straightforward performance that’s excellent for beginners
- Customization techniques using clicks alone
- Applications using top B2B tools
- Excellent value
- Support for international sales
- Scalable software that develops together with you
- Various alternatives for checkout and payment
Pricing: Depending on the number of users, access prices for the base license range from $999 to $1,999 per month. Based on your company’s particular requirements, your price will probably be customized for you.
For businesses looking to go beyond merely selling on Amazon and eBay, Volusion is another great B2B ecommerce platform. You get everything you need in one convenient package with this fantastic platform. This implies that all your store creation, inventory management, and marketing campaign creation can be done in one location.
The VIP bespoke pricing plan for Volusion is called Prime. Although one of the more affordable versions will let you create a store with Volusion, Prime grants you access to features like VIP support, unlimited products, unlimited bandwidth, and other crucial ones. You can easily add people to your team because you can access unlimited staff accounts.
Customer loyalty programs, API access, Amazon and eBay Integrations, and even a dedicated success team are all included with Volusion. With Advanced reports, there are numerous opportunities to grow your company.
Features consist of:
- Never-ending Bandwidth
- Support for however many sales you desire
- Countless employee accounts, goods, and more
- VIP backing
- Choices for safe and dependable checkout
- Different responsive themes
- Strong site editing tools
- Drag and drop capabilities
- Built-in SEO
- Outstanding inventory control
- Import-Export Assistance
- Reports of abandoned carts
- Phone orders and CRM
- Integrations with Amazon and Ebay
- Third-party delivery costs
Pricing: Depending on your company’s demands, a quote is available.
PrestaShop is the last platform in our list of the top B2B ecommerce solutions. You can build a unique online store using this open-source eCommerce platform.
With PrestaShop, businesses have access to over fifty payment options, dozens of professional themes, and a vast array of customization options. Additionally, there are quick install features and various integrated customer service tools.
PrestaShop is certainly a good option for you if you’re seeking anything that will enable you to build your B2B store from scratch as quickly and easily as possible.
Modules for updating your B2B performance, such as customer registration and membership options, are included with this amazing service.
PrestaShop also offers tax invoicing, VAT1 dual display, and billing with or without VAT for B2B business owners. You might choose to hide costs from specific visitors.
Features consist of:
- Personal checkout
- Plenty of editable themes
- Outstanding inventory control
- Tracking of customer relationships
- Analytics and reports
- Special aspects of VAT and taxes
- Options for hiding costs
- Registration and membership
- Tools for marketing and social media
- Global sales
- Several options for currencies
- More than 50 options for payment
PrestaShop’s price varies depending on your needs. For instance, depending on the different addons you require, you can start with a cost of roughly $30 and work your way up.
Choosing the Best B2B Ecommerce Platform
There are many great B2B ecommerce platforms on the market right now, and they all have something special to give aspiring entrepreneurs. Your unique requirements will determine the platform you require. For instance, you could choose WooCommerce if you’re looking for something that interacts seamlessly with your WordPress website and offers a ton of extensibility. The NetSuite solution can be more suitable for you if you require a package that offers outstanding CRM and ERP features.
Shopify Plus is a fantastic option for high-end eCommerce tools, with a dependable and user-friendly backend and dozens of applications and addons. However, Magento is one of the most well-known and well-liked B2B ecommerce platforms and has won awards for its functionality over the years.
Consider which characteristics are most important when choosing a B2B e-commerce platform. Business owners that require a platform that is as flexible and extensible as feasible will have very different needs than those who require an eCommerce platform with lots of backend support. For instance, OpenCart is great if you want the flexibility to customize your online store to meet your demands, but it might be challenging for a newbie to get acclimated.
Volusion, on the other hand, is not quite as versatile but offers a lot of assistance, especially if you select one of the more expensive packages, like Prime.
Table of Contents