You’ve always wanted to create your Shopify store and launch your online business.
Once the shop is up and running, it’s only half the work. You still need customers to make sales and bring in the cash.
You now know that getting traffic to your website is not as simple as opening an online store.
If customers aren’t yet in your store, you might be asking, “What next?”
You need to plan and have a solid Shopify marketing strategy in place.
This post will teach you how to use Shopify to increase sales and drive traffic.
These ideas can be implemented if you are willing to put your efforts into action. You will see more traffic and higher conversions.
You might also like Shopify Chat App Integration to improve customer service.
What is the importance of a well-defined shopify marketing strategy?
Shopify is the most popular eCommerce platform for setting up an online shop. Shopify is trusted by more than 1.7M merchants around the world to sell their products and services.
Its top-ranking position is due to its outstanding design, ease-of-use, product customization, SEO-friendliness and inventory management.
Its amazing features will help you quickly set up your webshop increase your online sales and grow your business. If you want to be successful in the market, however, you will need a clearly defined Shopify marketing strategy.
Shopify can help you succeed in many ways by having a solid marketing strategy.
- Marketing plans are essential to market and promote your services effectively, so you can retain existing customers’ trust or attract new ones.
- A marketing strategy is a plan that outlines how you will achieve your goals and then implement them.
- Marketing can increase your reach and sales potential.
- Shopify marketing tips will ensure that you have quantifiable goals to track and measure.
Shopify Marketing Tips and Strategies to Maximize Your ROI
Shopify is only the first step to building a store. You need to plan well in order to succeed. This is where customer driven marketing comes in. These tips and strategies will help you increase the visibility of your products and services in the marketplace, increasing your ROI.
1. Chatbots can be deployed to automate sales and improve customer experience
Your Shopify store’s success will depend on the way you treat each customer who visits your site.
Customers deserve to be treated well. This means offering personalized product recommendations and quick responses to customer queries.
Chatbot Marketing allows you to quickly handle multiple customers without having them wait in line.
A bot can help you strengthen your Shopify store marketing strategy, and get the best customer engagement.
Chatbots can help you –
- Customers can reach you 24×7
- Get product suggestions
- Order products
- Automate your sales process
- You can market your products based upon the relevant customer demographic
- Segment the audience
- Lower cart abandonment rates
- You can tailor your offers
REVE Chat has many ready-to-use chatbot template that can be used for support, marketing, and sales purposes. These templates can be used to build relationships with customers, generate leads and convert.
Chatbots can be a great help when you have an e-commerce shop.
- Send a message of welcome
- Collect contact information
- Get key analytics and track visitor behavior in the store
- Segment website visitors based upon their purchase history and preferences
- Provide personalized service
2. Shopify Store Integrates Live Chat
63% of web users who have used live chat are likely to return.
This clearly shows that live chat is a preferred communication channel by customers since it allows for real-time support.
Live chat integration in your online store can encourage contextual engagement, which will increase customer satisfaction and reduce customer churn.
Shopify Store Marketing Strategy: Why Use Live Chat?
- Support agents can be reached via live chat with minimal wait times.
- It is possible to provide prompt answers to customer questions in real-time, and a better user experience.
- Live chat is a feature that allows customers to reach the right person at the right moment through an E-commerce store.
3. Make videos tutorials about your products
People love watching videos.
A video is a great way to learn about a product, rather than scrolling through textual information or looking at lifeless images. This is great news for online stores on Shopify.
This is why video consumption has increased tremendously over time, and it doesn’t look like there will be a slowdown in the trend.
It’s not surprising, 84% marketers believe video has helped them to generate leads.
The ever-growing popularity of videos has also been influenced by social media.
Video ads are very popular because they can do so many things like –
Videos can be a powerful tool for promoting products and removing customer doubts if used strategically.
How videos can help your Shopify store marketing strategy?
- Engaging videos can help you reach a wider audience and increase engagement.
- Video can be used to visually explain products and increase conversion rates.
- You can create quality content about your products at a very low price.
- Video can elevate storytelling by showcasing what is most important to customers.
4. High-quality Content to Engage Customers for Your Shopify Store
Nothing beats content when it comes to attracting customers.
Content has two benefits. First, it will increase your search engine visibility. Second, it will provide value to readers. Conversion is improved when this happens.
You can also increase your marketing strategy by creating quality content about Shopify products.
It is important to have a range of content types, such as videos, infographics and blogs. Target audiences at different stages of the buying process.
If you don’t know how to win customers, then content is the best place to start.
Content Strategy for Your Store
- Blogs are a great place to start. Write posts that will pique your audience’s interest. Shopify offers two options: you can either use the default blog or create your own blog.
- Make sure to create content that is relevant to your audience. You can also share your blogs via social media to grow your audience and increase traffic.
- You need to ensure that all of your products and services are covered in content. Also, you must use the correct keywords so that your posts rank higher in Google.
5. Optimize the SEO for Your Store
Google is the place people go to for information. Google is where potential customers will search for your products.
It is possible for your products to not be visible in search engine results pages or rank lower than them, which could adversely affect sales.
You know that even the most high-quality products will not reach customers if they’re not well promoted. Your eCommerce store must be different from its competitors.
This is where SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can be a great help for Shopify stores.
You can ensure that potential customers search for your business by doing SEO on your store.
Optimizing your store for search engines can be an excellent marketing strategy for Shopify.
SEO Strategy for Your Shopify Store
- SEO strategies that take care of all essential factors such as keyword research, finding keywords & phrases and creating content around them are called good SEO strategies.
- Optimizing the title tags and meta descriptions of product details is also important. Optimize blog posts to improve their search engine results.
- Optimize your website structure and create keyword-driven content for your store to make it searchable by search engines such as Google.
6. Send emails to engage customers at different stages of the buying journey
Contrary to popular belief, people love promo emails because they include product suggestions.
This is why email marketing remains a powerful method of marketing.
This communication channel has the advantage of allowing you to promote your products to new customers and build relationships with existing customers.
You can even automate emails to make sure they reach customers within a specified time.
Shopify stores can get a substantial ROI through email marketing. You can target customers via email marketing touchpoints.
Email as a part of Shopify Marketing Strategy
- Send personalized, action-based messages to customers in order to make sure they are useful and prompt action.
- Mails should be categorized according to customer lifecycle stages or target customers’ purchasing habits.
- Chatbots can be a part of your Shopify email marketing. They will automate and target customers with customized messages.
7. Shopify Store offers Product Recommendation feature
This is a common mistake made by eCommerce websites: they don’t provide product recommendations.
Yes, product recommendations can increase traffic and sales.
Customers often appreciate a personal approach to shopping. Some customers will buy from a recommendation, even though that wasn’t their original intention.
You should therefore start offering personalized customer experiences and product offerings on your Shopify store so that loyal customers or repeat customers feel special through personalization.
Shopify’s product recommendation feature is a key component of your 2022 marketing strategy. It has the potential to increase conversions.
How product recommendations can help your Shopify marketing plan?
- Online shops that offer recommendation features increase their selling potential and receive more traffic and conversions.
- This feature can be used by brands to push a more costly version of the searched item to their customers.
- Shopify stores often cross-sell to customers by offering complimentary items or showing products at the checkout for last-minute orders.
8. Integrate the Facebook Shop Feature into Your Store
Did you know that social media platforms can be used to sell products?
Facebook can be used to drive traffic and converts.
You can use the Facebook Shop feature to integrate your store with it.
Once the integration is complete, your Facebook friends will be able to shop at your store without ever leaving the social network or visiting your store.
Your entire Shopify product catalogue can be uploaded to Facebook. This makes it easy to manage your inventory.
This will allow you to make your entire catalogue available on Facebook, and it will also help you manage your inventory effectively.
Why should you trust Facebook Shop for your store?
- You can increase the reach of your online shop by setting up a Facebook Store. This will allow you to get more traffic and sales.
- Facebook allows you to share more content in the hopes of engaging or building the audience and converting them.
- You can use the Facebook shop to reach more customers and direct them to your store.
9. Pinterest: Showcase your amazing product images
Great images are a must-see for anyone!
Pinterest is an excellent channel for showing product images to young people.
You should make sure to display striking images of products and infographics on the platform, which is popular among younger generations.
Many Pinterest users find new brands and products there, which they then decide to buy.
If your store uses Shopify to connect with the idea-seeking generation, it can get more customers.
Tips for using Pinterest to promote your Shopify store
- Add the Shopify URL to your Pinterest profile. Give a brief description of your brand.
- Display a product-in use with the purpose of reaching your audience.
- You should include a catchy title and a compelling product description.
- Pinterest stories can help you reach more customers with your pins.
- Provide links to the online store so that customers can be redirected there for more information about the product.
10. Get customers to shop from your Instagram feed
Instagram is the most popular social media platform.
It’s easy to create an Instagram store, just like Facebook. You can make it easy for Instagram users to shop from your catalogue while also using the platform.
There are so many things it offers that will keep marketers interested, from reels to stories, galleries to shopping bags, and more.
Instagram is the best platform for sharing visual inspiration and feasts for people from all walks of society.
You can use GIFs, creative carsousels and stunning photos to increase engagement rates.
Don’t forget to include videos on Instagram. They can be a great way to drive conversions.
How to use Instagram for Shopify Ecommerce Marketing
- Create an account for your business on Instagram, then add the relevant details.
- Connect the account to your Shopify store.
- Connect the Instagram handle to Facebook and upload the product catalogue.
- Once you have turned on the shopping feature, product tags can be used in posts and videos.
- Select the stickers to include products from the catalogue in your Instagram stories.
11. Use Influencer Marketing to Your Advantage
In the past six months, 11 percent of millennials have bought something simply because an influencer (or a blogger) recommended it.
This is why brands use social media to promote their products and services to their large audiences.
Influencer marketing is a powerful tool for expanding your brand’s reach on social media.
You can hire influencers of different colors depending on the size of your business and what you need.
- Nano-influencers ( 10,000 followers)
- Micro-influencers (10,000 to 100,000 followers)
- Macro-influencers (100,000.000 to 1,000,000 followers)
- Mega-influencers (1 million+ followers)
The key to leveraging influencers in your Shopify marketing strategy is:
- Follow influential people in your industry.
- Engage them, quote and mention them on social media
- Ask them to promote your brand.
- Make sure that the deal is a team effort to benefit both parties.
12. Create a Referral Program in Your Shopify Store
Consumers place a lot faith in the recommendation system – anything that their family or friends recommend is often given top priority.
If you want to increase your customer base, word-of-mouth is a great tool.
You can also set up a referral program in your Shopify store to reward customers who refer customers.
Refer to a program
- Encourage your customers to recommend your store to their family and friends
- New customers are available without having to spend a lot
- Traffic that is more likely converts will be driven.
Consider these Things When You Create a Referral program
- Make it easy for users to take part in a program.
- Refer to your audience’s motivation and interest levels.
- Promote the referral program through all channels.
- You can track everything from referrals to conversions and rewards.
13. Create a loyalty program for your customers
Are you curious as to why so many stores offer a loyalty program?
It can bring in new customers and increase sales. This can also be one of the most effective customer retention strategies.
Customers will not leave if you are willing to reward them for their loyalty.
If you want customers to come back to your store over and over again, create a loyalty program.
Shopify’s loyalty programs are a popular marketing strategy because:
- They can be extremely effective in driving repeat sales.
- Brands that offer rewards are more popular with customers.
Important Things to Remember About Loyalty Program
- Make it simple for customers to participate in the program.
- You should make sure that the program is designed to benefit customers.
- Reward every customer action, whether it’s a sign up, a first purchase, or any other.
14. Take steps to reduce shopping cart abandonment rates
Cart abandonment is a major problem for Ecommerce businesses. It causes them to lose around $18 million in sales revenue every year.
This explains why eCommerce websites must track the shopping cart abandonment rates. An increased abandonment rate is indicative of poor user experience.
It will also have a positive effect on revenue and sales if cart abandonment is reduced.
Optimizing the checkout process is a must to improve the customer experience and drive conversions.
You can find more information in our post on Shopping cart abandonment: Statistics, Reasons & How to Reduce it
There are three main reasons shopping carts can be abandoned:
- Complex checkout process
- Shipping costs are higher
- Poor website experience
Shopify Marketing Tips: Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate
- Real-time assistance
- Customers will find the checkout process easy
- Offer your customers multiple payment options
- Clear CTAs are essential for a site that is easy to navigate.
- You must ensure that the delivery process runs smoothly and is trackable
15. Shopify Marketing Plan: Add SMS
SMSes have a high rate of open rates.
They don’t make us log in or force us to be online.
People still enjoy opening messages, reading about offers and engaging with brands.
SMS marketing is still a popular communication channel for business today. They may look like one of your top uerrilla Marketing Strategies Examples. Although they won’t force customers to do so, they will be effective.
Transaktional SMSes are still effective in conversion because they are concise and direct.
These are the factors to consider if you want to include messaging in your Shopify marketing strategy.
- Create messages that communicate the essence of the message in the fastest possible time
- Send transactional messages only and time them carefully so they are relevant to customers.
- Always send an SMS with the goal of requesting a response.
16. Retargeting can be used to boost your Shopify Store marketing
97% first-time visitors to your site will leave the site without purchasing anything.
Do you think they should be forgotten forever or could you make an effort to get them back?
If you are willing to bring back people who have visited but not shown any intent, retargeting may be a good option.
Retargeting means that you are taking steps to increase your Shopify eCommerce marketing efforts for your store.
With the help of -, you can create retargeting campaigns.
- Google Ads
- Retargeting Facebook
- LinkedIn Ads
- Oder, you can use other retargeting platforms
Retargeting website visitors has many benefits
- Increase brand visibility
- Reach an audience who is already interested in your products
- Increase sales opportunities by connecting with potential customers
- Remind your customers about your products and services.
- Display relevant ads to them when they visit other websites.